Page 132 of 289 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142182232 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 4322

Thread: Young Justice

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    In the beginning there was supposed to be a love triangle between Megan, Kid Flash, and Superboy before Kid Flash found interest in Artemis. They didn't get to the Kid Flash/Artemis angle till his crush on Megan got scrapped, along with the triangle. Unless they really pull the trigger on Zatanna and Dick all we have is nothing but speculation
    The attraction between Wally and Artemis was pretty obvious from the first, they just didn't play it out as straight up flirtation.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    I'm not sure negative stereotyping is really the right term. It's just, too typical, you know.

BTW, has there ever been an interracial romance on a kid's cartoon?
    If by typical you mean completely normal.

I suppose Artemis and Kid Flash could count as a mixed-race couple since Artemis is half-Vietnamese. Weisman also did Gargoyles which had Elisa Maza (whs parents were American Indian and African-American) and Goliath as a couple (but I guess that would technically count as interspecies, but Goliath's human form was white/caucasian).

I'm not sure negative stereotyping is really the right term. It's just, too typical, you know.

your joking with this right.

Storm and Wolverine.

Elisa Maza's parents from the cartoon Gargoyles.

Ron Stoppable and two of his girl friends in Kim Possible

The list goes on. Look at some other nick and disney shows and movies.

I don't understand why two black people being romantically involved is a bad thing. This boggles my mind.

On GODZILLA :THE SERIES there was Randy(black), and Monique(Caucasian-French) flirting alot back and forth. But the show wrapped up before it could really go too far.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Dear god why do they waste nice claymation with such insipid....I can't even grace those shorts with the word 'plots'. Are they supposed to be funny? Keep hearing laughter, but it never comes from me or those with me. At least the MAD one had a couple of 'smile' moments in it if only because I can't stand Care Bears either.
    Are you talking about the little Superman/Batman&Robin/Catwoman/Joker shorts? I think they're adorable. It sounds like they just let 5 little kids ramble into a microphone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat001 View Post
    Or maybe she likes that he's a take charge kinda guy. It's one episode. M'Gann was attracted to Superboy right away because he was cute and Kryptonian. She didn't shop around with a speedster, an Atlantian and a circus boy. She went automatically to the alien.
    me.
    I thought it was because he looked like the guy from the TV show.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    Are you talking about the little Superman/Batman&Robin/Catwoman/Joker shorts? I think they're adorable. It sounds like they just let 5 little kids ramble into a microphone.
    I love the Aardman shorts as well. But they are very "out there" humor.

Quote Originally Posted by The One and Only View Post
    On GODZILLA :THE SERIES there was Randy(black), and Monique(Caucasian-French) flirting alot back and forth. But the show wrapped up before it could really go too far.
    also one of the incarnations of Power Rangers....Lightspeed Rescue, I think....had the Green Power Ranger (black guy) and Mrs Fairweather (hottie tech lady, she was white) hooking up
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    also one of the incarnations of Power Rangers....Lightspeed Rescue, I think....had the Green Power Ranger (black guy) and Mrs Fairweather (hottie tech lady, she was white) hooking up
    Well on SPD, the Red Ranger Jack Larson left the Power Rangers to do volunteer work with his new girlfriend, a blonde white lady, in the final episode.

Also on 90210, the Dixon Wilson character, who is black, has dated THREE characters from the main cast, all white women.

So I guess I'm wondering (this part is not directed at you, Vibranium, just didn't want to make two separate posts) is there some sort of expectation that if a black person is on the team/show, they are expected to hook up with a non black person? And is this expectation so paramount that when a black person hooks up with another black person, it seems "off" somehow? Cause I didn't see anything wrong with Rocket crushing on Aqualad, in fact it seemed like a redux of when Miss Martian was first crushing on Superboy and he didn't seem to notice at first.
    I have this idea for the next X-teme Games Gold Medal Event--Bear Tickling. Its like Bull riding but more X-treme! You are timed on how long you can tickle a bear before he attacks you.

-Excelsior

Ben's even dating an asian female. Interracial dating on a cartoon show isn't unheard of
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Ben's even dating an asian female. Interracial dating on a cartoon show isn't unheard of
    Agreed, but that's not what started this, I guess, digression. Apparently to some people its unheard of if specifically a black male character and a black female character get together. It feels like the rule is white characters can date white or non-white characters, while black characters should date ONLY non-black characters.
    I have this idea for the next X-teme Games Gold Medal Event--Bear Tickling. Its like Bull riding but more X-treme! You are timed on how long you can tickle a bear before he attacks you.

-Excelsior

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium
    Kennedy was a filthy whore
    Considering that she never cheated on Willow, I don't see how.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Off the top of my head, there's Green Lantern and Hawkgirl. I don't think interracial romance is that rare on cartoons.
    Hell, it was even revealed that Warhawk was their son when people thought it was Hawkman.

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper
    Which makes me want to blow my brains out. At least the other shorts have something worth watching.

I thought it was because he looked like the guy from the TV show.
    It's why she named him Conner. But it was more that he was an outsider and an alien no less.
    Last edited by Mat001; 04-18-2012 at 12:36 PM.

Which makes me want to blow my brains out. At least the other shorts have something worth watching.
    Different strokes...

It's why she named him Conner. But it was more that he was an outsider and an alien no less.
    Mayyyyybeeeeee....
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Thing is, Rocket was introduced at the tail end of the season, so I think I'll wait before deciding on whether or not pairing her up with Aqualad sucks. While the whole token minority couple thing is a long established trope in fiction, for me it depends on how the romance itself is handled. A negative example in my mind would be like in Doctor Who when they had Martha marry Micky, the only other black companion, despite them having very little screen time together and no real romantic interest or even flirting when they were onscreen together.

But, as I said, all we really have is Raquel looking over Kaldur and hinting that she finds him attractive. If it's revisited in season 2, I'll be interested to see if there is any sort of legitimate build-up or if it's just a "Let's pair up the two black kids since everyone else is already hooking up." But I have faith it'll be handled well.

Quote Originally Posted by Free-Man View Post
    Thing is, Rocket was introduced at the tail end of the season, so I think I'll wait before deciding on whether or not pairing her up with Aqualad sucks. While the whole token minority couple thing is a long established trope in fiction, for me it depends on how the romance itself is handled. A negative example in my mind would be like in Doctor Who when they had Martha marry Micky, the only other black companion, despite them having very little screen time together and no real romantic interest or even flirting when they were onscreen together.

But, as I said, all we really have is Raquel looking over Kaldur and hinting that she finds him attractive. If it's revisited in season 2, I'll be interested to see if there is any sort of legitimate build-up or if it's just a "Let's pair up the two black kids since everyone else is already hooking up." But I have faith it'll be handled well.
    Also lets not forget one fact. SHE'S A TEENAGER!!! It's common for teenagers to be attracted to the most attractive person they see
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck