Page 131 of 289 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141181231 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 4322

Thread: Young Justice

  1. #1951
    Observer Vibranium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    19,267

    Default

    Kennedy was a filthy whore
    Support your local roller derby league

  2. #1952
    Best In The World Legato's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    84,468

    Default

    So complaining over nothing is the thing here?
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

  3. #1953
    Senior Member Theozilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Oakland, California
    Posts
    4,672

    Default

    Why does the fact that both Rocket and Aqualad are both black make a difference as to whether or not she was attracted to him? She simply thought he was hot. What, is it not satisfactory unless she was attracted to all the guys on the team? (and the likely reason why she did not indicate attraction to other guys is likely the age difference and the fact that most of them are in relationship or crushing on someone else).

  4. #1954
    Best In The World Legato's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    84,468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Theozilla View Post
    Why does the fact that both Rocket and Aqualad are both black make a difference as to whether or not she was attracted to him? She simply thought he was hot. What, is it not satisfactory unless she was attracted to all the guys on the team? (and the likely reason why she did not indicate attraction to other guys is likely the age difference and the fact that most of them are in relationship or crushing on someone else).
    It goes back to what you say. Damned if they do then damned if they don't. If they had Rocket be interested in Wally then somebody will complain about how random they are pairing the characters on the show. No matter what they do somebody is going to complain just for the fact that Young Justice is a superhero show
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

  5. #1955
    Gone
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Outside looking in
    Posts
    14,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    It's that *right away* she's into him, and just him, when seemingly the only thing they have in common is skin color. That's not post-racial.
    It reminds me of how Kennedy and Willow were instantly drawn to each other for seemingly know reason other than that they were both lesbians. It didn't matter if the characters made sense together, they were both lesbians so it's assumed to be automatic. .
    Because characters have never shown interest on another "right away".
    Phrases such as "- Wow! Who is THAT?!" have never been uttered in comics, movies, cartoons or other fields of entertainment, let alone in real life.

    Did you complain when Ms Martian showed an interest in Superboy "right away" or Artemis "right away" noticed Wally?

    There ARE other sides to Aqualad, aside from being black.
    Hes mature, he has charism, he is leadership material, he is tall, he has style, he is attractive.....
    Have you even stopped to wonder if maybe those are the things that made her notice him?

  6. #1956
    Observer Vibranium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    19,267

    Default

    No...darkies like other darkies

    that's all there is to it
    Support your local roller derby league

  7. #1957

  8. #1958
    Elder Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    16,902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    It's that *right away* she's into him, and just him, when seemingly the only thing they have in common is skin color.
    (A) So? (B) How do you know what they have in common? This didn't appear to be the very first time they'd met. Maybe she was attracted to him based on his personality in previous meetings. Or maybe she took one look at him and just thought he was hot. Either way, the suggestion that her attraction to a black male is somehow indicative of negative stereotyping is nonsense.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    That's not post-racial.
    No, that was sarcasm.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    It reminds me of how Kennedy and Willow were instantly drawn to each other for seemingly know reason other than that they were both lesbians. It didn't matter if the characters made sense together, they were both lesbians so it's assumed to be automatic.
    Because people who don't "make sense together" are never attracted to each other in real life?

  9. #1959
    Observer Vibranium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    19,267

    Default

    This is why I stick with escorts....too many variables
    Support your local roller derby league

  10. #1960
    Elder Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    16,902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    I think you all are seeing something that isn't there
    I don't think so. There was some pretty clear flirtation between Zatanna and Robin in their first adventure together. Certainly there was no active pursuit, but the signals were just as clear as they were early on between Wally and Artemis.

  11. #1961
    Best In The World Legato's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    84,468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    I don't think so. There was some pretty clear flirtation between Zatanna and Robin in their first adventure together. Certainly there was no active pursuit, but the signals were just as clear as they were early on between Wally and Artemis.
    In the beginning there was supposed to be a love triangle between Megan, Kid Flash, and Superboy before Kid Flash found interest in Artemis. They didn't get to the Kid Flash/Artemis angle till his crush on Megan got scrapped, along with the triangle. Unless they really pull the trigger on Zatanna and Dick all we have is nothing but speculation
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

  12. #1962
    Power Corrupts Jabare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    16,978

    Default

    No there been clear hints at flirtation between Zatana and Robin, which will inevitably build to something Weisman wouldn't put it in the show if it wasn't.


  13. #1963
    Senior Member G. Boney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    N.C.
    Posts
    2,163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    (A) So? (B) How do you know what they have in common? This didn't appear to be the very first time they'd met. Maybe she was attracted to him based on his personality in previous meetings. Or maybe she took one look at him and just thought he was hot. Either way, the suggestion that her attraction to a black male is somehow indicative of negative stereotyping is nonsense.
    The bold part, a billion times.

    This is something that I've seen several times on various boards whenever black comic characters interact, romantically or otherwise. For some reason it makes some viewers/readers uncomfortable. Very strange.
    "Moving to Dakota to avoid superheroes is like moving to Quantico to avoid the FBI." -- Dwayne McDuffie

    My comic: https://www.facebook.com/pages/MYTH-...31161003585134

  14. #1964
    Elder Member Jared's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    10,767

    Default

    I'm not sure negative stereotyping is really the right term. It's just, too typical, you know.

    BTW, has there ever been an interracial romance on a kid's cartoon?
    "Family Guy jumped the shark when i stopped getting high every time i watched it. " - Alex

  15. #1965
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    221B Baker Street
    Posts
    18,005

    Default

    Off the top of my head, there's Green Lantern and Hawkgirl. I don't think interracial romance is that rare on cartoons.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •