Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: C2E2: DC's "Brightest Day" Panel LIVE!

Geoff Johns leads the talk around DC Comics brand new bi-weekly event series "Brightest Day" and CBR News is there LIVE! to share all the action with CONSTANT UPDATES from the inaugural C2E2.

Full article here.

A fan gave a very reasoned and passionate explanation for why he thought the death of Roy Harper's daughter in "Justice League: Cry For Justice" was a bad story, focusing mostly on how the little girl showed how a superhero could have a normal child in their life with all the story potential held in that idea. The man said that such relationships were too rare in comics. In response, Robinson said he very much felt what the fan has said and promised, "In the next two years, you'll see another hero or heroine have a normal child" and that those dynamics would be explored in full.
    this is interesting
    so to replace Lian he will just make another one
    that will make it work
    Check out the Comicfrontline
    The Self-destruction of New 52 FINAL PART
    Click here
    Check out Batwatchhttp://batwatch.net/

Quote Originally Posted by ArnoldoAAD View Post
    this is interesting
    so to replace Lian he will just make another one
    that will make it work
    Couldn't we have just made a vengeance seeking cyborg anti-hero instead?

Oh wait we have like 8 million of those.

Robinson's just trying to cover his ass at this point, recall how he specifically described his new Justice League as "completely different from Cry for Justice".
    "but the 616 is set in America."

- Rotm

Later, a fan asked what the reasoning was for not bringing the Dibny's back, even in the so-called "ghost detectives" concept introduced in "52." Sattler said the two died "deaths we felt were important to the DCU." Johns soon added "They're together" which was what was important the the "52" writers who wanted to "give those characters the happiest ending we could with the stories being told."
    How did Ralph Dibny die again? His wife was killed by the clinically insane wife of Ray Palmer, and then something happened to Ralph afterwards.

Oh yeah, those are "deaths that are important to the DCU".

Them not being reintroduced as Ghost Detectives is a big pile of BS.

"Asked which characters will end up in which Green Lantern books with a third monthly joining the franchise, the panel said that Ganthet and Boodikka would be in "Green Lantern Corps" while the new "Emerald Warriors" would include Guy Gardner along with Kilowag and Arisia with Tomasi adding, "There will be a Red Lantern in it too."

So Arisia definitely has a place, Natu is probably in Corps, what about Vath and Isamot?
    Pull List: Action Comics, Green Lantern, GLC, GL: New Guardians, Justice League, The Flash, Batman Inc, Batman, Nightwing, Batman & Robin, Dial H, Animal Man, Frankenstien, Earth-2

Eats the cookies Apathetic-piggy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrisisKid View Post
    How did Ralph Dibny die again? His wife was killed by the clinically insane wife of Ray Palmer, and then something happened to Ralph afterwards.

If memory serves, he shot himself in an effort to imprison Felix Faust in the final parts of 52.

Veteran Member

So Arisia definitely has a place, Natu is probably in Corps, what about Vath and Isamot?
    I'm sure they'll continue to be in Corps, at least as long as Tomasi is writing. They're just more of "recurring cast members" rather than regular cast...

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrisisKid View Post

Ralph pull Neron and Felix in Dr`s fate tower
    Neron uses Ralph wedding ring as a bullet and kills him
    he later realize that Ralph had make some sort of spell with the tower that only could be lifted by him, which was impossible since he died leaving both neron and Faust prisoners
    Neron finally escape but the energy used to escape left him weak and was what trigger of the Reign in Hell miniseries

and the ghost detectives were introduced on a chp of Batman and the Outsiders
    Click here

I think the bit about bringing back characters like aquaman, max lord, martian manhunter, hawk, and osiris but not ted kord is crap. If they are doing a bunch of resurrections why do they have to bring back only characters I can't stand? Of course as a Blue Beetle fan, not a fan of the techno scarab boy, I am biased. Still it sucks for me.
    Justice prevails... evil justice!

Quote Originally Posted by bluebeetle73 View Post
    I think the bit about bringing back characters like aquaman, max lord, martian manhunter, hawk, and osiris but not ted kord is crap. If they are doing a bunch of resurrections why do they have to bring back only characters I can't stand? Of course as a Blue Beetle fan, not a fan of the techno scarab boy, I am biased. Still it sucks for me.

I can understand being pissed about Ted's death, but the Blue Beetle series was crazy awesome.
    "but the 616 is set in America."

- Rotm

I see Mia will not be in the new GA series.

Somewhere I see K-Dog SCREAMING...
    "I am not only the Queen of Heaven, but also the Mother of Mercy."
    -Our Lady to Saint Faustina

Quote Originally Posted by shrike View Post
    I see Mia will not be in the new GA series.

Somewhere I see K-Dog SCREAMING...
    Shhhh!!! He'll be here soon!

Eats the cookies Apathetic-piggy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Free-Man View Post
    Shhhh!!! He'll be here soon!
    What, is he like Candyman? K-Dog, K-Dog, K-Dog!

... Damn, nothin'.

Veteran Member

So basically, Green Arrow is a wanted man in his own city, and decides to hang out in the big forest in the middle of town. But the sheriff of the city is corrupt and the forest has a bunch of villains who have decided to take up residence there, despite it being easier to establish a villain hideout in an urban sprawl (not to mention the area where Green Arrow ISN'T hanging out in). Meanwhile, the citizens of the city somehow tolerate having a huge forest in the middle of it, despite it being an urban planning nightmare. Commute times will go through the room because you can't go through the middle of the city anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    So basically, Green Arrow is a wanted man in his own city, and decides to hang out in the big forest in the middle of town. But the sheriff of the city is corrupt and the forest has a bunch of villains who have decided to take up residence there, despite it being easier to establish a villain hideout in an urban sprawl (not to mention the area where Green Arrow ISN'T hanging out in). Meanwhile, the citizens of the city somehow tolerate having a huge forest in the middle of it, despite it being an urban planning nightmare. Commute times will go through the room because you can't go through the middle of the city anymore.
    i didnt thought about it that way

probably the city is just too busy reconstructing everything else
    they will build roads later :)
    Last edited by ArnoldoAAD; 04-18-2010 at 03:25 PM.
    Click here