Default Ultimate Avengers 3 in Trouble

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com...lar-vs-marvel/

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Millar
    I'm just starting Ultimate Avengers 3, issue 5, and it's the arc I'm maybe most proud of. As trailered forever, this is vampires in the Ultimate Universe attacking mutants and Blade brought in to help the Avengers as heroes go down one by one.

Now someone's sent me a link to an X-Men event out two months previous that's exactly the same idea.

Seriously.

What do I do? This is what JRJR and I were going to do 5 years ago before Enemy of the State and I've been talking about it in interviews (and on here) since Ultimate Avengers launched. Blade's even on the cover to issue 1 as I've been excited about this since I had Blade painted on an ice cream truck in 1978.

I don't want to pull the issues as they're part of a complex plot that runs through my entire four arc run, but I'm almost finished now. I'm writing issue five of six and they're really, really good.

How the Hell did this happen? It wouldn't have been as big a deal if I hadn't started the series yet, but it's almost done and just going to look foolish following an X-Men event. Am honestly just so disgusted with this as I've talked about it many times. Thoughts on what I should do next?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Millar
    ...and all is well. It seems there was something of a communications problem between the Ultimate U and the Marvel U, which is understandable because they don't share the same continuity. Anyway, the similarities between these storylines were evident, but with a few tweaks these are being cleared up and Marvel have been great about it.

The extra good news is that Ultimate Avengers 3, the arc guest-starring Blade, has now been pulled forward by a month or two and fans of the book are going to get lots of double-shipping.
    Leinil, fortunately, is just finishing off issue six of six on Ultimate Avengers arc two so we're in great shape and you're pretty much getting two issues a month of the Ghost Rider/ Punisher arc which starts in two weeks time. I love this arc and Leinil has drawn the Hell out of it so everybody's happy. Including me.

Marvel took the miscommunication problem very seriously and we sorted it all out today with a couple of conference calls. We're also now about the start the big-name artist I've been very keen to get on this as early as maybe next week. Just as a fan, I'm excited about working with this guy and you should be excited about him too. Thanks to Panic, Joe, Dan, Axel, Ski and Bogie for sorting this out so efficiently. It looked like a disaster yesterday, especially when everyone was in transit to Chicago and I only knew what I'd read online, but it's all worked out great.

Best,
    MM
    Last edited by Chaos_Alfa; 04-16-2010 at 02:20 PM.

The second quote may be one of the best things I've seen in the past year regarding the UU - 2 issues per month of UA2? If it actually stuck to that, it'd be awesome. Not to mention the fact that Yu is basically done with UA2, meaning no more delays.

Delays are something that I really don't think the Ultimate line can afford right now, although I was really happy to see that New Ultimates was #8 and Ultimate Avengers was #15. Sure, it kind of sucks that Loeb is selling well because it will mean he'll probably get to stay on, but it at least shows that there's still good interest in Ultimate comics.

It really sucks that Millar didn't know about this X-Event going on, but I don't think it should affect it too much. Considering the fact that vampires are currently "cool" (I think?), maybe it will even help sales. I'm not personally the biggest fan of vampires, but Millar sounds really confident about it, and I really like that he's got this whole 4-arc story planned.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

Peachy Keen Gabe De Los Muertos's Avatar

I don't read the X-books anyway.
    Formerly DetectiveDupin.
    Tumblr
    Twitter

good news, I can understand how millar felt, but it kinda ruins the surprise of his arc now.

Hey, it's Nate Grey! That's cool, I was hoping he'd be showing up again soon after that Dark X-Men mini.

It was just a hilarious non-important meltdown on behalf of Millar.

Nothing to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post

It really sucks that Millar didn't know about this X-Event going on, but I don't think it should affect it too much. Considering the fact that vampires are currently "cool" (I think?), maybe it will even help sales. I'm not personally the biggest fan of vampires, but Millar sounds really confident about it, and I really like that he's got this whole 4-arc story planned.
    I can see it working better in the Ultimate U and under Millar than in the X-books

I've been foaming at the mouth for this third arc simply due to the rumor that Ultimate Wolverine will make an appearence. So glad it's moving forward.

ah, nevermind. i misread

Cannon Fodder King

Double Shipping? Yeah!