Default Gay Mormon Ty Mansfield Is Getting Married! To a Woman...

Found this on Queerty (warning to fair-hearted CBR members, there are some shirtless men on the site...)

http://www.queerty.com/gay-mormon-ty...oman-20100415/

Aww, look how 'happy' they look....

Ty Mansfield is known for writing the anti-gay Mormon book called A Quiet Desperation

"Published in October of 2004, this anti-gay message explains that for a gay Mormon, suicide is more honorable and justified than engaging in a homosexual act. Mansfield’s co-authors are the parents of Stuart Matis who, at the age of 32, committed suicide because of an inability to reconcile his Mormon upbringing and his own homosexuality. They also continue to support LDS leaders, who perpetuate discrimination against the LGBT community.

As a practicing family therapist and doctoral student in Marriage and Family Therapy at Texas Tech University, Ty and his beliefs perpetuate a false hope that sexual orientation can be changed and that by way of Mormon doctrine homosexual lifestyles should be rejected and treated as an abhorrent practice. Through inaccurate and false counsel about homosexuality, in the past, gay men were advised to marry women claiming the temptation would subside.

Mansfield and his fiancée Danielle Palmer have announced their wedding date as May 22nd 2010 in the Salt Lake City LDS temple.

Mansfield has said in the past:

"He would never suggest marriage as a way of trying to banish same-sex attraction. "I know some individuals who feel they have overcome the attraction, have married, and it's not a problem for them anymore. . . . I know many more who have the type of life they want — married with a family. They still experience the attraction, but that's all they see it as." Though he understands his own dynamics, he says he's not sure if his attractions will ever leave him entirely. He has only a smile and a polite "no" for fellow Latter-day Saints who try to line him up with women, and no definitive answer for those who ask if he'll ever marry. Some he knows have left the church and are living a homosexual lifestyle. When they ask why he doesn't just give in, he answers, "I feel I'm being true to my eternal self."

If you read about him, he's clearly disturbed. I don't blame him. I blame his cult (Latter Day Saints) for driving him to this senseless decision. One of his friends Stuart Matis killed himself because he couldn't handle being a gay Mormon.

God I hate the Mormon Church.

Like marrying a woman when you know you're gay worked so well for this guy:

lost in the cyber dungeon The Xenos's Avatar

Well that's damn disgusting. I guess these Mormei are operating on some other planet of non-logic.
    Xenos

I feel bad for his wife, to be honest, cuz you just KNOW that ain't gonna last.
    "I am not only the Queen of Heaven, but also the Mother of Mercy."
    -Our Lady to Saint Faustina

Quote Originally Posted by shrike View Post
    The marriage might have a longer shelf-life if she's a three-input woman, but even that won't permanently quell his natural urge.

Obviously, this blue part here is the land...

Quote Originally Posted by shrike View Post
    They'll have six kids in five years. Each one is proof that he put it in her, and that'll be enough to get the bishops to pat him on the head for being a good boy.

As for the wife, I just wonder what she's getting out of the deal. He's pretty now, but wait a few years till he has a paunch and a bald spot. Suddenly his long lunches and mysterious trips to the grocery store won't be so forgivable.