Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Krofft & Spears: Reviving Lost Kirby

The legendary children's television producers are on a mission to revive concepts created by the King of Comics - Marty Krofft & Jack Spears opened up about their plans with an exclusive look at unseen Kirby art.

Full article here.

Oh my god!
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." - Thomas Jefferson

... with the High Command Lemurion's Avatar

This is beyond huge - and from what I've heard elsewhere there are no current or future legal issues likely to show up with these characters either.

I'd rather see a revival of Thundarr The Barbarian as a comic, animation, or live action film. At least release the show on DVD. Hopefully this discovery will inspire them to do just that. I'm surprised the interviewer didn't ask about that.
    Last edited by redvector; 04-15-2010 at 05:47 PM.

+1 on Thundarr the Barbarian.
    Pull List:
    Incredible Hulk,Hulk,Punisher Max,Ultimate Spider-Man,Amazing Spider-Man,Thor,Captain America,New Avengers, Uncanny X-Men,XForce

I would love to see these works animated. wouldn't it be neat Ruby and Kroft could revive Saturday morning cartoons... just a thought lol. Animation , live tv, a or films would be just peachy keen!

Veteran Member

Hard to tell much from the article, but I'd love to see something good come out of this. They should get Grant Morrison to write "Skanner". But really, right now we have no idea about the nature or quality of any of these ideas, let alone what Ruby-Spears will end up doing with them. I'd love to see a run-down of all the story-concepts. Might make a worthwhile book, with Kirbys concept art.

Your readers may appreciate knowing that Joe Ruby and Ken Spears will be attending VOICE 2012 June 12-16. The world's only voice over convention is open to the public and tickets are still available. http://www.pitchengine.com/modernpub...ing-convention