Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: EXCLUSIVE PREVIEW: "Ultimate Comics Avengers" #6

Courtesy of Marvel, CBR presents an exclusive preview of "Ultimate Comics Avengers" #6 by the creative team of Mark Millar and Carlos Pacheco. The issue hits stores next Wednesday, April 21.

Full article here.

Looks great. Will definitely be picking this up. Looking foward to this conclusion of this arc. Will be my last issue ethough, as I just have no interest of the characters in next arc.
    I came for hawkeye and cap. I ended up enjoying everyone besides Nerd Hulk. All of my fav's will be appearing in New Ultimates. Shaem I can't pick it up due to terrible writing.
    Ready for the return of the one and only Spider-Man!!

as someone who hasn't read about the ultimates since ultimates 2 ended, is this arc worth checking out or has too much happened in between with these characters that i'd be lost?
    and i'm counting 1, counting 2, counting 3...

Quote Originally Posted by streator View Post
    as someone who hasn't read about the ultimates since ultimates 2 ended, is this arc worth checking out or has too much happened in between with these characters that i'd be lost?
    I think you could definitely pick up Ultimate Avengers without having read anything in-between. There is some stuff that you missed, but nothing that's too important to the plot. Plus, it hardly ever references it anyways, so continuity-wise you should be good.

Avengers definitely is different than Ultimates (more decompressed, less detailed art), but it's still pretty good. I think I would've enjoyed it more if I had read it all at once instead of suffering through the delays so I think you're in a better position than you would've been if you'd been getting it all along.

So yeah, if you enjoyed Ultimates, than you should pick up Avengers. It's just an action romp, but a pretty fun one.
    Last edited by Elayis; 04-15-2010 at 07:18 AM.
    Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived. After all, we're only mortal. - Jean-Luc Picard

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - The Guide

Quote Originally Posted by streator View Post
    yeah you'll be fine. if you read ultimatum you'll be fine.

ultimates 3 isn't necessary

and if you didn't basically if theyre not in the book loeb killled them off
    Ready for the return of the one and only Spider-Man!!

The preview was okay, I guess. While I still much prefer Miki's inks over Vines' (at least on Pacheco), this issue looks far better than Vines' past work. It's not nearly as blocky as it was, and a lot of the detail is still there, which I like.

As for the story itself, I'm actually kinda bored. I think we all know how this is going to end, so the constant chit-chat over how much of a badass the Red Skull is has become redundant, as has all of the needless posturing and prolonging of the final fight; just get it over with.

I'm really looking forward to the next arc, though. I'm excited as to what Millar will do with a PunisherCap, and I'm always enthusiastic about new Leinil art, particularly when he's drawing characters like these. The fact that it will often double-ship only sweetens the deal. I just hope there's more...filling... per issue. I've not liked how "light" each issue has been.
    Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived. After all, we're only mortal. - Jean-Luc Picard

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - The Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Elayis View Post
    I think you could definitely pick up Ultimate Avengers without having read anything in-between. There is some stuff that you missed, but nothing that's too important to the plot. Plus, it hardly ever references it anyways, so continuity-wise you should be good.

Avengers definitely is different than Ultimates (more decompressed, less detailed art), but it's still pretty good. I think I would've enjoyed it more if I had read it all at once instead of suffering through the delays so I think you're in a better position than you would've been if you'd been getting it all along.

So yeah, if you enjoyed Ultimates, than you should pick up Avengers. It's just an action romp, but a pretty fun one.
    i may check out the tpb at some point. i've been waiting for pacheco's return to marvel. i'd probably enjoy this arc for that as much as i would catching up on the ultimates.

Quote Originally Posted by JZ040488 View Post
    yeah you'll be fine. if you read ultimatum you'll be fine.

ultimates 3 isn't necessary

and if you didn't basically if theyre not in the book loeb killled them off
    i didn't read ultimatum, but i have a general idea of what happened.
    and i'm counting 1, counting 2, counting 3...

Junior Member UltimateMarvel_Fan501's Avatar

Anyone read this issue in full? Thoughts? I'm not sure if I really liked it. It wasn't terrible by any means, but it wasn't necessarily great either. I felt it was kind of anti-climatic. Also, what is the deal with fury at the end? Fury sounds like an absolute d*ck in this issue. I'm going to read it again issues 1 - 6 in it's entirety before I make any final decisions about the series.

I just finish reading it in full, I thought it was not that good but the past three issue haven't been that good. I thought the first 3 issues were great then 4,5,6 were just flat, and red skul reason for going after the cube was worse part.

I was so happy to see leinil francis yu pencils for the next issue, thats what I want to read.

Personally, I hope to see more of the Red Wasp. She seems interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by LemonJynx View Post
    I just finish reading it in full, I thought it was not that good but the past three issue haven't been that good. I thought the first 3 issues were great then 4,5,6 were just flat, and red skul reason for going after the cube was worse part.

I was so happy to see leinil francis yu pencils for the next issue, thats what I want to read.

The ending didn't make any sense. The whole issue for that matter.

bah so this arc finally ended
    the last issue lacks a proper ending, its rushed and ridiculous and also leaves too many questions unanswered

i thought issues 3 and 4 were the best of the whole arc, since they offered the best action
    and action is really all the UCA had to offer us so far

very very weak story, pretty inconsistent itself, not to mention the estabilished stuff from ultimates

millar got lazy to say the least
    or hes working on too many projects at the same time and just doesnt care enough to make any of his work make sense anymore
    hes the ultimatum syndrome personified
    cool concept, lazy (and stupid) execution

red skull altogather is just ridiculous
    the ending of the arc is a big wtf moment considering what was going on for the whole time
    red wasp is for the whole thing nothing more then a plot device
    nerd hulk is useless, he could very well be earased from the whole story
    gregory is being prepared for a future arc as far as i can tell, had nothing to do so far
    hawkeye is a joke
    as for cap i have mixed feelings

only war machine and black widow were interesting to me so far

fury was a wuss lacking control of the whole situation
    and yet its still implied that hes the man for the job

im not even interested in the spider since the way he was presented just reminded me of TAO from WildCATS

poor ultimate line

Yes, this ended way too easily. I agree that Millar got lazy, very lazy.

As did Pacheco.

Quote Originally Posted by truebelieverreviews View Post
    The ending didn't make any sense. The whole issue for that matter.
    The ending made sense but the execution was horrible.

spoilers:
    His impregnable shield can't stop a jet? But it could stop Hulk and Warmachine smacking him around?
    end of spoilers

BANNED

The issue was mostly pathetic .

I'm not a Miller hater but i'm beginning to think most of his work starts strong but loses steam quickly.

If you have the Cosmic Cube and you are that evil wouldn't you at least use your imagination a bit instead of just using it to brush off everyone who is trying to attack you?

That Bullshit confession at the end makes no sense either unless he was just saying that for a sympathy ploy.

How was Cap able to penetrate Skull's force field when noone else couldn't? makes no sense at all and Miller didn't even try to reason it out.

The art as usual is nice (i like the colouring especially) but occasionally some slight lapses in storytelling.