Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Kirkman & Silvestri Talk "Pilot Season: Stealth"

Top Cow's "Pilot Season" event flies on with Robert Kirkman and Marc Silvestri's latest offering, "Stealth," arriving in stores soon. We spoke with them and artist Sheldon Mitchell about this aging superhero's story

Full article here.

I can see the ending of this comic coming a mile away. The son will take over as Stealth. And the suit will be revealed as being alien in origin.

Yeah, I was thinking the same. However, what is this "Pilot season"? Does it mean they plan only one issue, and if it sell well, they'll continue...like for TV shows?

Thumbs up Good guess....

Quote Originally Posted by NoCheesecake View Post
    Yeah, I was thinking the same. However, what is this "Pilot season"? Does it mean they plan only one issue, and if it sell well, they'll continue...like for TV shows?

Exactly...the whole idea is that the pilot issue that gets the most votes will spin off into a mini-series. There has been problems getting all the winner's minis out, due to creator's scheduling issues (IIRC), but I know they're putting out a Velocity mini, and that was a previous winner of pilot season.

-Pistols

What the hell happened to Twilight Guradian?

I read the Murderer one and I have another one or two on order. I regret ordering them.

What's the point? Top Cow didn't do anything with the first two winners. These new ones are coming out late as heck. And really, why do I wan't to spend $3 on a one shot story with no end that will never see the light of day? Much less 4 or 5 of them?

The one that I really liked from a previous year, Urban Myths, belongs to Top Cow and not the creator so nothing will ever become of that.

I'm done with Top Cow. The dudes who run it seem like nice guys from the podcasts that I've listened to, but what I've seen doesn't impress.
    Pull List Saga, Invincible, Walking Dead, Chew, Peter Panzerfaust, Superior Spidey, Animal Man, Aquaman, Harbinger, X-O Manowar

Cyblade and Velocity won the first Pilot Season event. We released a four issue Cyblade series. Velocity ran into some scheduling issues, but the first of four issues will come out in May.
    Genius and Twilight Guardian are both being worked on currently, but we're not soliciting them until we feel confident we can release them in a timely fashion.

Take care,
    Filip Sablik
    Publisher
    Top Cow Productions

Get Artifacts Volume 1 Trade for only $10!