Page 42 of 148 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    did marvel want to make these versions of Spidey and Nova really annoying?
    HEY its not annoying, its edgy !!

Quote Originally Posted by spideybr View Post
    HEY its not annoying, its edgy !!
    are u being sarcastic?

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    Eehh....technically. Marvel could have chosen to comission the show, but it would have cost them too much money.

Eehh....No. Why would they have chosen to split income AND creative control with Sony? Glad you're not running the show over there.
    "You're Iron Man and he just took it? Little brother walked in, kicked your arse and took your suit? Is that possible?" - Nick Fury

Everyone realizes that this is NOT Spectacular Spider-Man and IS a Disney cartoon starring Spider-Man made for children right? Deep breaths people, it's gonna be okay for Croms sake. Every parent that I know whose children watch this show says their kids love it, and the kid in me doesn't mind it at all ...so good job to Marvel for getting this right and generating interest in younger potential readers.
    Why should I want to make anything up? Life's bad enough as it is without trying to invent any more of it.

"First you take a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes you."

I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Schmed View Post
    Everyone realizes that this is NOT Spectacular Spider-Man and IS a Disney cartoon starring Spider-Man made for children right? Deep breaths people, it's gonna be okay for Croms sake. Every parent that I know whose children watch this show says their kids love it, and the kid in me doesn't mind it at all ...so good job to Marvel for getting this right and generating interest in younger potential readers.
    People are still upset that Spectacular got cancelled and are taking a lot of those frustrations out on this show. That this show is clearly aiming strictly for its primary demographic is seen as some sort of detraction (which is the weirdest damn thing to complain about).
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    People are still upset that Spectacular got cancelled and are taking a lot of those frustrations out on this show. That this show is clearly aiming strictly for its primary demographic is seen as some sort of detraction (which is the weirdest damn thing to complain about).
    Exactly...i try to avoid as much as possible all the usm cartoon threads around because all i see are spec sm frustration vent out to USM

USM is geared for kids and kids are loving the show.

Nevertheless if you hear paul dinis podcast in marvel....
    http://marvel.com/news/story/18414/d...loeb_paul_dini

Season 1 is all about fun and humor while as more season progress it would be more drama and more mature.

Paul Dini and the gang are going for the harry potter route where it goes darker as it progress.

So guys hold your breath...lets the kids enjoy at 1st. I am sure you will take your words back when USM becomes darker
    Last edited by pedroparkero; 04-08-2012 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmed View Post
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." - Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    I just saw the "Fury File" on Luke Cage and they didnt even give him an origin. They just say that "one day he found himself with powers." What kind of crap is that? They would have won a lot of points if they made him a troubled youth whose only way out was being used for some super power testing.

They better give him an origin eventually.
    Well to be fair, his origin is very stereotypical for a black character, which might be why they didn't go into it. Also, his origin wouldn't make much sense for this teenage version of the character (there's no way the law would allow experimental testing on an underage teenager in prison or in reform school/juvie).

Why do people keep defending USM by saying that it`s aimed at kids? Did i missed something? Was SSM aimed at adults?

I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UChess View Post
    Why do people keep defending USM by saying that it`s aimed at kids? Did i missed something? Was SSM aimed at adults?
    Yes. Yes, it was.
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

Oh alright then.

I just saw the "Fury File" on Luke Cage and they didnt even give him an origin. They just say that "one day he found himself with powers." What kind of crap is that? They would have won a lot of points if they made him a troubled youth whose only way out was being used for some super power testing.

Origin episodes for the team will happen in season 2.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." - Winston Churchill

I actually think its better if they just leave the origins alone, with the writing so far I don't expect them to come up with a new creative origin, and Luke's real origin doesn't make sense for this show, better to just leave it alone and keep it vague.

Also thoughts its great they said his skin was tougher than Adamantium guess we know who wins in a fight with Luke Cage vs Wolverine lol

Quote Originally Posted by UChess View Post
    Because sadly, some people wrongly believe that a kids cartoon has to have a lot of goofiness/silliness in order to be suitable for kids.

IMO, USM is a good idea that is partly poorly executed. This cartoon, creatively, seems to be over done and over thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Yes. Yes, it was.
    No, no it wasn't. Of course, if you're being sarcastic, then please ignore this post.