Page 121 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 2211
    Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by XxSnakeProxX View Post
    comedy is cheesy
    Well yeah, it's Spider-Man. It's kind of his thing.

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    Well yeah, it's Spider-Man. It's kind of his thing.
    Then the fact that I've mentioned the show's comedy being cheesy shows just how ridiculous it is.

Elder Member

Then the fact that I've mentioned the show's comedy being cheesy shows just how ridiculous it is.
    It just tells me that it's Spider-Man.

I watched an episode of this finally.

Can't say I liked it very much at all. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I watched an episode of this finally.

Can't say I liked it very much at all. :/
    The audience must be 7 year olds. I hope they like it.

So I'm trying to get back into the show after having quit watching it after the Hulk debut episode with Mary Jane. I like the action, and the comedy is sometimes really funny. But there are times when the story is moving too fast, action is too long and redundant, and comedy is cheesy. I'm still waiting to see if the show will be a bit more like Spectacular in terms of having everything in it, such as drama, romance, action, comedy, mystery, etc. Is the show right now the same as when it began, or is it trying to take it more seriously now??
    Its pretty much the same with some minor improvements. If you didn't like it before you probably still won't. And this show will never be like Spectacular Spider-Man, and it's not really trying to be either.

It just tells me that it's Spider-Man.
    Spider-Man's comedy is usually intellectually cheesy. This comedy is on par with a second grader's. In fact, my brother, who is in second grade, finds his jokes rather stupid. The show sucks.
    "Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"With great power comes great responsibility."

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darman456 View Post
    Spider-Man's comedy is usually intellectually cheesy. This comedy is on par with a second grader's. In fact, my brother, who is in second grade, finds his jokes rather stupid. The show sucks.
    May I remind you that the person currently writing Spider-Man made the joke "Peter Parkour". There's nothing intellectual about that.

Picked up the DVD of this show the other day and gave it a bash. Not bad -- seemingly geared for a young audience, but good for what it is.
    I did not enjoy it as much as I enjoyed the previous animated effort, Spectacular Spider-Man. It's a shame that one bit the dust.
    Be careful when speaking. You create the world around you with your words.

Spider-Prime's only fan. spider-prime's Avatar

If Ultimate Spider-man was just Disney and it's creators making the show. I wouldn't care that much about it being bad. But, when you hear all who is making it. Then the real question of WHY happens. WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?

Quote Originally Posted by spider-prime View Post
    If Ultimate Spider-man was just Disney and it's creators making the show. I wouldn't care that much about it being bad. But, when you hear all who is making it. Then the real question of WHY happens. WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?
    Same here. It simply hurts even more when you read the credits at the beginning of the show.....makes me cry.
    Favorite Titles: Guardians of the Galaxy, Thor:God of Thunder, Batman, Superman Unchained, Green Lantern

Elder Member

I'm not really getting the complaints here. I look at what Spider-Man has been since 2008 to present and look at the show and the only difference I see is that Peter's younger.

Spider of the Shadows Assassin Spider's Avatar

This week's episode works if you think of it as a 22-minute distillation of zany buddy cop comedies where the free-wheeling rookie and the hardened veteran are forced to work together despite not liking each other very much and gradually grow to respect one another's capabilities while still being annoyed by one another and taking down the bad guy. In that respect, it's ok.

And as for greats like Paul Dini and Brian Bendis performing well below their established capabilities on this show, blame the same person most fans already blame for this show not being as great as it could be --- Jeph Loeb. Say it with me, with your mouth aimed towards the sky: LOOOOOOEB!
    Back in black, the hunter is ready to claim his prey.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin Spider View Post
    This week's episode works if you think of it as a 22-minute distillation of zany buddy cop comedies where the free-wheeling rookie and the hardened veteran are forced to work together despite not liking each other very much and gradually grow to respect one another's capabilities while still being annoyed by one another and taking down the bad guy. In that respect, it's ok.

And as for greats like Paul Dini and Brian Bendis performing well below their established capabilities on this show, blame the same person most fans already blame for this show not being as great as it could be --- Jeph Loeb. Say it with me, with your mouth aimed towards the sky: LOOOOOOEB!
    Only if we can praise him when S.H.I.E.L.D. drops.

I'm not really getting the complaints here. I look at what Spider-Man has been since 2008 to present and look at the show and the only difference I see is that Peter's younger.
    Wow, where do I begin:
    -Theyre trying to make him like deadpool, imagining wacky scenarios in his head during altercations and talking to the audience.
    -His humor is farrr too immature and cheesy, truly cringeworthy stuff. I know Spidey has a history of cheesy jokes, but the joke being cheesy is part of his delivery, and not his real humor.
    -He's using a motorcycle that shoots webs.....nuff said.
    -There is no drama or romance, which are MAJOR staples in the Spidey mythos.
    -He's part of a teen team of characters that are supposed to be adults when he was in high school(except for Sam) which bothers many fans, me not so much.
    -The cut aways from current events to past events or imaginary events in Spideys head rivals those of family guy, constantly losing the plot in a mess of fast paced childish humor and intense action.
    -Some fights go on for farrr too long.
    -Spidey truly behaves like a douche. In the comics he makes mistakes unwillingly, but the show has him do things that any human being would know is a bad idea and will lead to trouble.

These are my main issues, none of which are elements of Spidey in the comics. I can truly see why people enjoy it, but I just cant after having enjoyed Spectacular.
    Favorite Titles: Guardians of the Galaxy, Thor:God of Thunder, Batman, Superman Unchained, Green Lantern