Page 97 of 148 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 2211

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    Writer of Teen Wolf, Batman: The Long Halloween, Ultimate X, Avengers: X-Sanction, Batman: Hush, etc.

Did you not see the Dr. Strange episode? It had an incredibly touching moment with Uncle Ben.
    I saw On Demand, just today in fact. It had an okay moment with Uncle Ben. However, I think that The Spectacular Spider-Man did a better job with a touching Uncle Ben moment in episode 12 of the first season. Peter says why he became Spider-Man to Nightmare and how his loss taught him that. However, at the beginning of the show, Fury basically tells Spider-Man that he knows nothing about responsibility, something which he tells Nightmare he had after Uncle Ben's death. Which completely undermines the necessity of Peter even being on a team with a bunch of superheroes to receive training in the first place. Plus, the touching moment with Uncle Ben felt out of place with an overall over-the-top (even for USM) silly episode.
    "Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"With great power comes great responsibility."

Quote Originally Posted by Darman456 View Post
    Coming from the guy who saw the movie THREE TIMES, he doesn't steal the web fluid, he purchases it from OsCorp. I don't know why they would give it to him, but there were boxes from OsCorp that look they came in the mail. He also purchases the suit as well. However, Peter designs the fabric and sews it onto the suit (you can tell because, at the end, it's all patchy).

MARVEL did a terrible job with this show. It goes against everything Peter Parker is. Peter is supposed to learn responsibility from Uncle Ben's death. Instead, Fury tells Peter that he hasn't been using his powers responsibly. They make Peter look like an imbecile in this show so that they can make the plot in each episode from Peter's mistakes. He's the loose cannon on the team. Nova, and he's the loose cannon. Peter is also shown to act silly all the time. The only time the show is part of the way on track (in terms of Peter's characterization), is when he's Spider-Man. And even then, the show fails to establish any laughable humor during the breaking-the-fourth-wall experiences. And when that happens, it's completely unnecessary because that could easily be said out loud to make the show more like a Spider-Man show. All the rest of the characters are completely one dimensional and hardly go anywhere. All the "character development" in this show is done off screen. We hardly ever see Aunt May, which gives off the vibe that she hardly matters in Peter's life, when, in truth (yes, even in the Ultimate Comics where she can take of herself), she matters. A LOT. In this show, you can hardly tell that this woman is the one his comic book counterpart died for. There is absolutley none of the classic girl troubles in this show. The only time it even touches on that is what his relationship with MJ used to be, which goes back to the elementary school teasing of girls have cooties.

You can't even compare this show with any of the previous shows. This show is a disappointment on so many levels. The only good show that MARVEL has going for it now is the Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes which will, more than likely, be cancelled for a show set to match the utter ridiculousness of Ultimate Spider-Man. MARVEL better try to redeem itself with the new Avengers and Hulk cartoons (due out next year) and the second season of Ultimate Spider-Man, otherwise I've lost complete faith in MARVEL television.
    get ready for more dissapointment. I heard rumors that Disney wants to do the Next Avengers cartoon the same way they are doing Spiderman. I hope to god those rumors are false.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deadman25 View Post
    get ready for more dissapointment. I heard rumors that Disney wants to do the Next Avengers cartoon the same way they are doing Spiderman. I hope to god those rumors are false.
    Nope. It's a continuation of Earth's Mightiest Heroes and the footage got MASSIVE praise when it was shown at SDCC.

Nope. It's a continuation of Earth's Mightiest Heroes and the footage got MASSIVE praise when it was shown at SDCC.
    Why? Was the room full of people that would rather see Ice Age 4 than The Dark Knight Rises?

Elder Member

Why? Was the room full of people that would rather see Ice Age 4 than The Dark Knight Rises?
    Nope. Why are you dissing on a show you haven't even seen yet praise the show is is continuing?

Nope. Why are you dissing on a show you haven't even seen yet praise the show is is continuing?
    Because they plan on making it like Ultimate Spider-Man, which is god awful. And I heard that received plenty of praise at Comic Con when it was first announced, too.

Elder Member

Because they plan on making it like Ultimate Spider-Man, which is god awful.
    Says...? Because I follow every major news site and NOWHERE has this been said.

Elder Member

Preview of the next episode!

Written by Bendis! Very pumped!

I admit that I loved the previous Bendis written episode with Wolverine the most, that was a real treat. This one looks great as well.

I don't remember them saying SHIELD made TAA, it seemed more like they were storing him...like Howard the Duck XD

Have you been to high school classes? That's how they split people up. I dug the hell out Harry and Danny, I like how they're friends now after Harry was so cold toward them earlier (character development!).
    to be fair Danny's friends were douches to him first.

on topic- the show is a mixed bag. Its not the worst thing ever but its the weakest of its peers and makes me worried for Avengers assemble.

BANNED

http://marvel.com/news/story/19083/u..._ep_15_preview

It's a bad sign when all these new gadgets are all things Spider-Man ALREADY DOES!

At least Batman, the Brave and the Bold made a parody of creating crappy gadgets for toy selling. This is saying that Spider-Man needs a web canon...something Spider-Man already does!

"Sorry, this video is unavailable in your location"
    F*** this $#%^, I hate it when this stuff happens
    Blogger

I am obsessed with the idea of completely erasing Spider-Man from every Marvel continuity

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    http://marvel.com/news/story/19083/u..._ep_15_preview

It's a bad sign when all these new gadgets are all things Spider-Man ALREADY DOES!

At least Batman, the Brave and the Bold made a parody of creating crappy gadgets for toy selling. This is saying that Spider-Man needs a web canon...something Spider-Man already does!
    I actually really liked that other clip for this episode, then I saw this and my hopes were shattered again. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    I actually really liked that other clip for this episode, then I saw this and my hopes were shattered again. :/
    Why do you even bother with this show?
    Blogger

I am obsessed with the idea of completely erasing Spider-Man from every Marvel continuity

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz Abbasi View Post
    Why do you even bother with this show?
    Gotta stick around to see if your favorites show up.