Page 50 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100 ... LastLast
Results 736 to 750 of 2211
  1. #736
    Spider Powered Time Lord Spider-Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Your argument doesn't make sense because you seem to think Sony is using Gwen and won't kill her as some kind of protest against Disney/Marvel. And if Disney/Marvel should then bow down to Sony's "protests."

    I really don't know what you are arguing.
    Huh?

    What are you talking about?

    I am saying that Sony won't kill off Gwen Stacy in the movie. You are saying they will.

    I am also saying (in response to you) that Disney will put Gwen in USM because their audience will be familiar with the character because she will appear in Sony's ASM.

    When and how did I not make that clear?
    SPIDER-MAN: Hey there, my name's Spider-Man, and this is my trusty sidekick Wolverine!
    WOLVERINE: *Growls*
    (Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes)

  2. #737
    I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    California
    Posts
    10,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Mike View Post
    Huh?

    What are you talking about?

    I am saying that Sony won't kill off Gwen Stacy in the movie. You are saying they will.

    I am also saying (in response to you) that Disney will put Gwen in USM because their audience will be familiar with the character because she will appear in Sony's ASM.

    When and how did I not make that clear?
    When I asked why you didn't think Gwen would die in the movies. You really didn't give any kind of discernible reason other than you think they won't just because.
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

    My Facebook page

  3. #738
    Spider Powered Time Lord Spider-Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    When I asked why you didn't think Gwen would die in the movies. You really didn't give any kind of discernible reason other than you think they won't just because.
    No. I said because the studio will not want to upset children.
    SPIDER-MAN: Hey there, my name's Spider-Man, and this is my trusty sidekick Wolverine!
    WOLVERINE: *Growls*
    (Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes)

  4. #739
    I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    California
    Posts
    10,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Mike View Post
    No. I said because the studio will not want to upset children.
    That reason really doesn't make sense. Uncle Ben will still die.
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

    My Facebook page

  5. #740
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    That reason really doesn't make sense. Uncle Ben will still die.
    If Uncle Ben returned, would Peter no longer be Spidey?

  6. #741
    Spider Powered Time Lord Spider-Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    That reason really doesn't make sense. Uncle Ben will still die.
    Boy comes home to dead body and is told his uncle was shot.

    Insane supercriminal throws living girl off a bridge, screaming in horror as she plummets to her certain death and her neck is snapped by her superhero boyfriend trying to save her



    Yeah. That's the same.
    SPIDER-MAN: Hey there, my name's Spider-Man, and this is my trusty sidekick Wolverine!
    WOLVERINE: *Growls*
    (Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes)

  7. #742
    I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    California
    Posts
    10,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Mike View Post
    Boy comes home to dead body and is told his uncle was shot.

    Insane supercriminal throws living girl off a bridge, screaming in horror as she plummets to her certain death and her neck is snapped by her superhero boyfriend trying to save her



    Yeah. That's the same.
    Actually, Gwen didn't scream. She was already unconscious when she was knocked off the bridge.

    Besides which, films have a history of doing things that have "upset" the kiddies. We all saw Bambi when we were young. (Face it, your reasoning just isn't all that good.)
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

    My Facebook page

  8. #743

    Default

    Even though I think the new series is okay for what it is, part of me thinks there may have been a slight mislead in terms of what this show really is as opposed to what it was initially presented as. Oh sure, we knew that much of it's continuity would be taking it's cues from the Ultimate Spider-Man comics. Yes, we knew there would be more of a "Marvel Team-Up" aspect to it, what with Spidey working with Nick Fury and SHIELD. Yes, we also knew there would be a lot of sight gags and fourth wall breaking--which, yes, is a lot more Deadpool than Spider-Man, but is this really all that surprising considering Joe Kelly, being part of the "Men of Action," is one the co-writers for the series? And, given the "Spider-Cycle" and the "Iron Spider" footage, we also may have guessed this was another way for Marvel to sell action figures and toys. However, what this show is really turning out to be is essentially a re-imagining of "Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends," only with different friends this time around. Not that I necessarily mind that (and I do think that the series did an amicable job in trying to sell the idea of Spidey being the de-facto leader of a bunch of fellow teenage superheroes and SHIELD agents, in spite of how much of a departure that concept is for a character like Spidey), but they might as well have just called this series "Spider-Man and his Ultimate Friends" instead of "Ultimate Spider-Man."

    EDIT: And a quick check at Marvel.com even has profiles going back a month on the characters of Nova, Iron Fist, Power Man, and White Tiger that under the heading "Spider-Man and his Ultimate Friends" to boot.
    Last edited by stillanerd; 04-15-2012 at 02:24 PM.
    Blog: Yes, I Am STILL a Nerd!

    Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

  9. #744
    Spider Powered Time Lord Spider-Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Actually, Gwen didn't scream. She was already unconscious when she was knocked off the bridge.

    Besides which, films have a history of doing things that have "upset" the kiddies. We all saw Bambi when we were young. (Face it, your reasoning just isn't all that good.)
    A - Gwen being awake/unconcsious is irrelevent. The act of throwing her off a bridge and seeing her die from a snapped neck IS violent. Far more so than Uncle Ben's death (even IF they show the shot that kills Ben which I doubt they will). And far too violent for average ignorant movie-going kids and parents looking to see a Spider-Man movie.

    B - Bambi? That movie from 1942? When the world was at war? When violence and violent imagery surrounded children around the globe? And when modern political correctness and Sony board of producers didn't exist yet?

    (Face it, your reasoning is entirely flawed)
    SPIDER-MAN: Hey there, my name's Spider-Man, and this is my trusty sidekick Wolverine!
    WOLVERINE: *Growls*
    (Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes)

  10. #745
    I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    California
    Posts
    10,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Mike View Post
    A - Gwen being awake/unconcsious is irrelevent. The act of throwing her off a bridge and seeing her die from a snapped neck IS violent. Far more so than Uncle Ben's death (even IF they show the shot that kills Ben which I doubt they will). And far too violent for average ignorant movie-going kids and parents looking to see a Spider-Man movie.

    B - Bambi? That movie from 1942? When the world was at war? When violence and violent imagery surrounded children around the globe? And when modern political correctness and Sony board of producers didn't exist yet?

    (Face it, your reasoning is entirely flawed)
    1: This isn't going to be a "G" movie. This is going to be a PG-13 darker and edgier Spider-Man film that is completely going to try and be Nolan's Batman films.

    2: Yes. Even the "G" rated films are not the lighter & softer fare you are treating them as. And this movie is going to be PG-13. Comparisons are already being made to Nolan's Batman films. Gwen is going to be killed and it doesn't matter that there will be kids in the audience.

    Edit: Remember that we've already had an X-Men movie where Wolverine stabs Jean Grey to death. (And yes, I know that movie was awful.)
    Last edited by Kevinroc; 04-15-2012 at 02:31 PM.
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

    My Facebook page

  11. #746
    Spider Powered Time Lord Spider-Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    870

    Default

    I'm from the UK, so I don't know what a G rated movie is. I'm guessing it's the equivilant to our 18 certificate.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    1: This isn't going to be a "G" movie. This is going to be a PG-13 darker and edgier Spider-Man film that is completely going to try and be Nolan's Batman films.

    2: Yes. Even the "G" rated films are not the lighter & softer fare you are treating them as. And this movie is going to be PG-13. Comparisons are already being made to Nolan's Batman films. Gwen is going to be killed and it doesn't matter that there will be kids in the audience.

    Edit: Remember that we've already had an X-Men movie where Wolverine stabs Jean Grey to death. (And yes, I know that movie was awful.)
    AAAAAAAAAND we're back full circle.

    We're just back to;

    "They will. They won't. etc."

    You're not going to convince me, I'm not going to convince you. End of.

    As I said, I'd love to be wrong about this, but I doubt I am.
    SPIDER-MAN: Hey there, my name's Spider-Man, and this is my trusty sidekick Wolverine!
    WOLVERINE: *Growls*
    (Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes)

  12. #747
    I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    California
    Posts
    10,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Mike View Post
    I'm from the UK, so I don't know what a G rated movie is. I'm guessing it's the equivilant to our 18 certificate.
    Fine, I guess we're done until the movies come out and prove one of us wrong. (Probably not the first one though.)

    That being said. "G-rated" movies are what is meant for entire families. If the Ultimate Spider-Man tv series were a movie, it would be "G." It stands for "General Audiences."

    "PG" is the next highest rating. Parental Guidance Suggested. Other types of family fair that are here.

    "PG-13" is where movies are suggested for kids 13 and up. This is where the Nolan Batman films are and where I expect The Amazing films to be. (This is also what the Raimi films were rated.)

    "R" films are the ones recommended for adults.
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

    My Facebook page

  13. #748
    Taste the Bitch Pudding. Green Griffin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    A place of Idiots nd Coconuts
    Posts
    8,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Mike View Post
    Excellent way of putting it
    Maybe it's because of Man of Action being behind the episode i seen and the fact that Iron Fist is voiced by the same guy that does Kevin on Ben 10, but it just seemed like it was trying to hard to be like those other shows.

  14. #749
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    13,772

    Default

    Nova is such a jerk! Harry will become venom????? Overall good epsiode.

  15. #750
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Mike View Post
    A - Gwen being awake/unconcsious is irrelevent. The act of throwing her off a bridge and seeing her die from a snapped neck IS violent. Far more so than Uncle Ben's death (even IF they show the shot that kills Ben which I doubt they will). And far too violent for average ignorant movie-going kids and parents looking to see a Spider-Man movie.

    B - Bambi? That movie from 1942? When the world was at war? When violence and violent imagery surrounded children around the globe? And when modern political correctness and Sony board of producers didn't exist yet?

    (Face it, your reasoning is entirely flawed)
    Kids saw the Batman movies and they literally had a woman blow up. Plus a man's face melts. I think falling of a bridge is rather tame. Hell Spiderman had more violent things happen to him in the original trilogy (so did the villains) and that was a more campy set of movies. Plus your point on Bambi is weak, violence for children is probably at its peak at the moment, and has never been more accepted. Nudity is different but you know that is another argument all together.

    Anyway saw the show, its decent. Still can't stand Peter's voice actor, and the bits are a little off, but I can respect they are trying new things. Probably won't watch it, but it seems to fit the target demographic decently. Also I don't see them adding Gwen as the cast is already quite cluttered.
    Last edited by charlesthehammer; 04-15-2012 at 05:38 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •