Page 36 of 148 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136 ... LastLast

Norman Osborn vs Norman Osborn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=si64d5GAHls
    The Green Goblin is the anti-Spider-Man
    Dr. Octopus is the anti-Peter Parker

I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar

What's really funny? The Ultimate Spider-Man version of Norman ended up killing Harry.

So, you know... (And this version of Norman did love his son.)
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

When Venom shows up, I hope Spider-Man doesn't beat him with "the power of love" in this series.
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    When Venom shows up, I hope Spider-Man doesn't beat him with "the power of love" in this series.
    Unlikely. Venom looks like it's an Dr. Octopus experiment. Ergo, it's not going to be a bigass villain that will be used to grab the attention out of everyone to get into the series. Use of a clever electric discharge will likely suffice and it's gonna be sweet.

@Video: So. Um. Ultimate Cartoon Osborn is much worse because he doesn't hate his son?...
    I thought it was kinda neat to have a Norman that has a redeeming quality...
    Thug: Tell... tell my wife i love her...
    Spider-man: No.

I know. It was so dumb and thoughtless to beat a creature that feeds on negativity and hate with the complete opposite of it.

At least SSM Venom wasn't a mindless monster like this one seems to be set up as.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    I know. It was so dumb and thoughtless to beat a creature that feeds on negativity and hate with the complete opposite of it.

At least SSM Venom wasn't a mindless monster like this one seems to be set up as.
    When did the symbiote feed on hate before? It's not Psycho-Man.

(It fed off of aggression. And actually, it didn't even originally do that. That was a rather hasty retcon.)

If you wanna talk about how aggression is a negative emotion, that's a weird sentiment when one of Marvel's biggest characters is The Incredible Hulk.

My Facebook page

Says the man who reads Sailor Moon.

And if a mental vision of your loved ones and the power of love is good enough for Harry Potter, it's good enough for Spider-Man.
    And I hope when you think of me years down the line
    You can't find one good thing to say.
    And I hope that if I found the strength to walk out
    You'd stay the hell out of my way.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulus B. View Post
    Says the man who reads Sailor Moon.

And if a mental vision of your loved ones and the power of love is good enough for Harry Potter, it's good enough for Spider-Man.
    I expect different things from Spider-Man than I do from Sailor Moon. (Besides which, Usagi tends to... you know, kill her enemies.)

But I never got into Harry Potter.

(My tastes in fiction are strange.)

My Facebook page

I expect different things from Spider-Man than I do from Sailor Moon. (Besides which, Usagi tends to... you know, kill her enemies.)

But I never got into Harry Potter.

(My tastes in fiction are strange.)
    If it's good enough for Star Wars?

Point is, the hero drawing strength at the 11th hour from love isn't exactly anything new or surprising. It's how it used that matters. And for my money, SSM used it well. USM should be so fortunate.

BANNED

Where did this love nonsense come from? Way I saw the battle it was more of a battle of willpower and the mind.
    Uncle Ben forming Peters conciseness was merely giving Peter a hand in overcoming his doubt and fear failing.

Point is, the hero drawing strength at the 11th hour from love isn't exactly anything new or surprising. It's how it used that matters. And for my money, SSM used it well. USM should be so fortunate.
    I don't really have a problem with people missing Spectacular or anything. But this passive-aggressive "Spec was so awesome and USM sucks and here's an example as to why" isn't exactly the most mature assessment.

(Spec was a fine show. But let's be honest. It wasn't perfect. And the Venom thing was corny as could be.)

They've also only shown two episodes of USM at this point. Not that I'm expecting some massive subversion of the tone we've had so far but I think letting them grow a bit more should be allowed. I think it's light and cute and trying to be fun. I also wouldn't rate it as my favorite Spider-Man release.

(For the record, I lost interest in Star Wars a long time ago.)

My Facebook page

I don't really have a problem with people missing Spectacular or anything. But this passive-aggressive "Spec was so awesome and USM sucks and here's an example as to why" isn't exactly the most mature assessment.

(Spec was a fine show. But let's be honest. It wasn't perfect. And the Venom thing was corny as could be.)

They've also only shown two episodes of USM at this point. Not that I'm expecting some massive subversion of the tone we've had so far but I think letting them grow a bit more should be allowed. I think it's light and cute and trying to be fun. I also wouldn't rate it as my favorite Spider-Man release.

(For the record, I lost interest in Star Wars a long time ago.)
    But passive-aggressive "SSM sucked too in places and here's why!" is?

(For the record, they both seem interesting enough. In their own ways.)

But passive-aggressive "SSM sucked too in places and here's why!" is?

(For the record, they both seem interesting enough. In their own ways.)
    I never was the most mature person on the planet.

(Agreed.)

My Facebook page

Paraphrasing, but, it was when Peter offered himself to the symbiote, it went something like
    "Not finding anything to feed off, are you? I know your secret, you use negative emotions to grow, so, i thought i'd give you the opposite, positive emotions."
    Basically, Peter not being angry at all and remembering all the good, lovely, stuff in his life defeated Venom in that part.

I agree it makes enough sense, it's corny, but it had enough context to work.
    And, i don't think Ultimate Cartoon Spider-man will be as good as Spectacular Spider-man, but i do know is that i'll enjoy UcSM as the comedy it is and would have hated to end up not enjoying a Not-As-Good-As-Spectacular action series it could have tried to be.
    Thug: Tell... tell my wife i love her...
    Spider-man: No.

I like Ultimate Spider-man......but....the slapstick humor and 4th wall breaking is getting REALLY annoying. It feels like I'm watching episodes of Teen Titans with Young Justice animation. Peter talks to himself waaay too much. I don't mind a little bit of comedy, but they go over board with it. Dang it, make them more serious. What's next, Spider-man getting hit with a cartoon mallet by Green Goblin?

Btw, the Stan Lee cameos are getting a bit silly now. It was cool back in 2000. I love the Stan man, but seeing him in EVERY marvel movie and Spidey cartoon is getting kinda ridiculous, I'm sorry .
    Last edited by Fanofthegoblins; 04-06-2012 at 11:53 AM.