Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Thanos Appreciation

I just wanted to make a thread for fan of Thanos to talk about this character. In my opinion he is one of the greatest characters marvel has, whether as a villain or not. Often written off as a dime store
    darkseid, but he is so much more than that. Soem say darkseid is more terrifying since he doesnt have doubts like thanos does and is a more inhuman character, but i feel the fact than thanos has more human qualities makes him more interesitng. The philosphical death worshipper deserves more love and attention, and his own solo series was one of the best series I saw from marvel in the last 10 years ( say what you want about starlin's writing, he showed thanos in such a magnificent way, and his art was fantastic).

Hopefulll with "The Thanos Impreratve" we will see Him used to his full potential, unlike some writers whose use of him is just embarassing to read.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Trying to pay his debts Jess C.H.'s Avatar

Thanos laying the smackdown on Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman. Damn straight!

"I dont care who you are back in the world."

Certified Mar-Vell Zombie Comet Man's Avatar

One of the greatest villains of all time. So glad to see him coming back! Cosmic Marvel just doesn't seem complete without him.
    I seriously miss Captain Mar-Vell.

I really can't wait to see him with the cosmic landscape with all of my favorite characters. I hope he kills a few earth bound heroes in the process.

The Marvel Select Thanos figure-

Quote Originally Posted by colossalreign View Post
    that was a silver surfer story, right? i remember reading it years ago and loving it, what was it called, and has it ever been collected in a trade?
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Quote Originally Posted by gryhpon View Post
    that was a silver surfer story, right? i remember reading it years ago and loving it, what was it called, and has it ever been collected in a trade?
    You're right. That was Silver Surfer: Dangerous Artifacts. It was a one shot by Ron Marz and Claudio Castellini. As far as I know, it has'nt been put into trade form. It is actually pretty hard to find. I got my issue from the Mile High Comics site. Not a whole lot of Thanos, but if you're a fan of the Cosmic stuff, it's pretty enjoyable, and the art is absolutely beautiful. I love the scenes with Silver Surfer and Galactus.

Yup he's definitely one of the best villains in all of comics. I won't rank him at the absolute top, but he is my favourite villain. I remember in 1998 Wizard magazine released the 'Dark Book', which was dedicated to comicbook villains. On their Top Ten list, he ranked at #5, behind Kingpin, Magneto, Joker, and Dr. Doom (5-1 in that order). I saw IGN's Top 100 villain list and it was a joke. They had him at #42, (I think). That was ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord S View Post
    Yup he's definitely one of the best villains in all of comics. I won't rank him at the absolute top, but he is my favourite villain. I remember in 1998 Wizard magazine released the 'Dark Book', which was dedicated to comicbook villains. On their Top Ten list, he ranked at #5, behind Kingpin, Magneto, Joker, and Dr. Doom (5-1 in that order). I saw IGN's Top 100 villain list and it was a joke. They had him at #42, (I think). That was ridiculous.
    I dont have a problem with Thanos at #5 their, but Kingpin at #4?? I like Kingpins character, but I'm not even sure if he should make top ten.

Hah! Thanos had his name spray painted on his helicopter. Thats some serious badassery!

"Calm down, call Batman." - Greg Capullo

Waaay back in the Starlin days we got to see Thanos handily beat down Iron Man, The Thing and Thor- at the same time!
    Thor hits thanos in the chest with his hammer, only to get faceslammed into the floor.

Yeah- when you want total badass, accept no imitations.