Page 2 of 294 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AbdulAziz View Post
    What proves to you this isn't a rumor? Anyone can tell about it
    The guy who reported this is the same guy who leaked the SSF4 roster last summer. Of course well see what happens in May since it's still a rumor.

Hopefully is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Atom View Post
    I don't see the point of an MvC 3, really. I don't really see how it could possibly get anymore crazy than MvC2. 60 characters? 70? 4-person teams? 8 HC meters? It'd still get whittled down to like 8 high tier guys anyway. And if they scale it back dramatically to just a few characters and try to balance it out, it wouldn't be the same game, anyhow.
    70? Are you kidding? That be horribly unbalanced. That was MvC2's problem.

The new game ( if it's being made) will be with 3D model and with the TvC engine(or the SF4 If we're lucky). There wouldn't be any space for 70 characters.Heck, they'll replace some of the old characters and have a more updated roster.
    Last edited by Venom Melendez; 04-12-2010 at 07:16 PM.

I couldn't care less about balance, I hope there's 80 characters. Marvel vs Capcom is just a crazy fun button masher anyways, not a 'serious' fighting game.

Should this game come out, I'm expecting a slimmed down roster. While they may build a new engine for the game, I'm expecting them to either used the SFIV or TvC engines, the latter continuing the tradition of tag battles. Roster would probably be somewhere between 16-30 characters, consisting of A listers and movie characters on the Marvel side (Spidey,Cap, Snikt-bub, Hulk, Iron Man, Thing, MAYBE Deadpool) with Capcom HOPEFULLY giving us some love from Monster Hunter, Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, Phoenix Wright aside from the usual fighting game regulars.

A versus game with 16 characters is a waste of everyone's time.

Imagination and Bravery Double 0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    A versus game with 16 characters is a waste of everyone's time.
    Agreed. Crossover games should have at least over twenty character.
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

http://naijamanexe.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kamikaze10 View Post
    Agreed. Crossover games should have at least over twenty character.
    I think even that is too little. A crossover game should have 40 characters at least. 20 for each side.
    From now on we're poison to you Spider-Man. That's why we call ourselves... VENOM!!!

Imagination and Bravery Double 0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Venom View Post
    I think even that is too little. A crossover game should have 40 characters at least. 20 for each side.
    I very much disagree with that. Too many characters can turn a game broken and unbalanced. In short, turn a good fighting game into a MUGEN game.

The better crossover games IMO (the earlier Capcom crossovers) were able to have either around or a little over 20 characters, and they were great.

Sure the CvS games are fine and they have a lot of characters, but MVS2 suffered because of how many characters were in the game on multiple fronts.
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

http://naijamanexe.tumblr.com

I very much disagree with that. Too many characters can turn a game broken and unbalanced. In short, turn a good fighting game into a MUGEN game.

The better crossover games IMO (the earlier Capcom crossovers) were able to have either around or a little over 20 characters, and they were great.

Sure the CvS games are fine and they have a lot of characters, but MVS2 suffered because of how many characters were in the game on multiple fronts.
    Hell, that's part of the fun.
    "I think we can help. Mercedes is black; I'm gay. We make culture." - Kurt, Glee.

Green Mist of Death Young Avenger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnarCHris View Post
    Should this game come out, I'm expecting a slimmed down roster. While they may build a new engine for the game, I'm expecting them to either used the SFIV or TvC engines, the latter continuing the tradition of tag battles. Roster would probably be somewhere between 16-30 characters, consisting of A listers and movie characters on the Marvel side (Spidey,Cap, Snikt-bub, Hulk, Iron Man, Thing, MAYBE Deadpool) with Capcom HOPEFULLY giving us some love from Monster Hunter, Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, Phoenix Wright aside from the usual fighting game regulars.
    Who from Monster Hunter could be in a vs game? The series has no characters. The boss monsters and the cat helpers are the only recognizable "characters" series has. As a playable character Rajang is the only one I see working.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian K. Vaughan
    Thanks. I don't know. I'm no Stan Lee, but I definitely know how to steal from him. Stan was the one who realized that great comics have nothing to do with powers, costumes, or continuity, and everything to do with using these heroes as timeless metaphors for something meaningful about our real lives.
    Quoted for truth

Help Save Ant-Man

Quote Originally Posted by Young Avenger View Post
    Who from Monster Hunter could be in a vs game? The series has no characters. The boss monsters and the cat helpers are the only recognizable "characters" series has. As a playable character Rajang is the only one I see working.
    If Capcom tossed a random VS from Lost Planet into TvC, I'm sure they could work a Monster Hunter character into a game if they wanted to.

Just give him some popular items from the game (Frank West style) and go nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferago View Post
    I couldn't care less about balance, I hope there's 80 characters. Marvel vs Capcom is just a crazy fun button masher anyways, not a 'serious' fighting game.
    Of course, you're iin the minority. A big roster causes the game to broken. Besides, it would be in 3D and there isn't any space for a big roster.

Also, alot of the old characters will probably be replaced (Many of them aren't relevant anymore). Which good, they need to represent the rest of the MU.

Quote Originally Posted by Venom Melendez View Post
    Besides, it would be in 3D and there isn't any space for a big roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferago View Post
    Actually it's still a highly played tournment game.

The problem with 20 characters though is that there isn't enough diversity on both fronts. I believe Marvel vs Capcom suffered because there weren’t enough variety of characters to choose from because of how big each universe is.

And 40 characters isn't too much. Tekken 6 has over 40 characters and Super Street Fighter IV has 35 and their qualities still look good.
    From now on we're poison to you Spider-Man. That's why we call ourselves... VENOM!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    If Capcom tossed a random VS from Lost Planet into TvC, I'm sure they could work a Monster Hunter character into a game if they wanted to.

Just give him some popular items from the game (Frank West style) and go nuts.
    This, esstienally. You could have a generic male or female hunter, and it will print money for Japan. The moon loves it some MH.

Quote Originally Posted by Venom View Post
    The problem with 20 characters though is that there isn't enough diversity on both fronts. I believe Marvel vs Capcom suffered because there weren’t enough variety of characters to choose from because of how big each universe is.

And 40 characters isn't too much. Tekken 6 has over 40 characters and Super Street Fighter IV has 35 and their qualities still look good.
    Tekken in general should NEVER be used a measurement of quality. Most of those characters are just gender swaps (Eddie/Christie for example), no different from the old Mortal Komnat ninja days.

I think 30 is probably a safe bet though. 15 characters from each universe, plus maybe 1 or 2 boss characters that are unlockable. I imagine the roster being brought back into 50-60 range in future sequels, assuming MvC3 isnt terrible.