Page 277 of 294 FirstFirst ... 177227267273274275276277278279280281287 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,155 of 4405

Quote Originally Posted by Young Avenger View Post
    Never implied that. The commentators at the event caught on to his style as well and made similar observations. His final battle wasn't against Yipes, it was against PR Balrog.

I play Frank on one of my main teams. Why the hell would complain about him? Did you read that post at all? It was listing his disadvantages. Frank needs to at least be LV.3 to not suck ass.

"Anything I haven't figured out how to beat is cheap". That's what I'm getting here.

Missiles is the go to assists for zoning characters for precisely that reason. My arrows, lasers, lances and other stuff won't work on ya if you keep jumping away to avoid it.
    this could go on and on and it's boring me. if you think 99% of the characters are balanced and assists do little to help players win then good for you. we see the same characters over and over, but no, there's no top tiers, and we see assists lending a significant hand in battle, but no, players always do their own dirty work. ok. "but this one guy won using underused characters." yea... and one of the best assists throughout every match. ok. i'm still not convinced by anything otherwise cuz i see no evidence of it.

@ "missles" ...what's the excuse for grounded characters? it has the same effect on them, doesn't it? or did you not know it was that versatile? it's just a cheap way to help spam. still a strategic move to you though? ok.

Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    @ "missles" ...what's the excuse for grounded characters? it has the same effect on them, doesn't it? or did you not know it was that versatile? it's just a cheap way to help spam. still a strategic move to you though? ok.
    What do you mean "what's the excuse?" It means it works better on them, or have you missed the fact that characters with poor mobility do poorly in this game? If you pick a team of Hulk, Haggar, Tron against Hawkeye/Morrigan/Doom, you just deserve to lose. Plain and simple.

Also, nobody ever said anything about this game being perfectly balanced or assists doing little. We just think you're horribly, horribly wrong with just about everything you say. You're not helping yourself, since just about all of your counter-arguments boil down to "I don't care what you say, it's cheap, your argument is invalid." Somehow, "hidden missiles isn't unstoppable" and "Jill isn't a terrible character" becomes "the game is perfectly balanced and there's no top tiers" for you.

God, if you play Street Fighter I bet you're one of those people that complain about Guile "spamming" Sonic Booms, or that Ken's shoryukens are unstoppable or some other nonsense.
    Last edited by Knight Lancer; 05-02-2012 at 08:07 AM.

Green Mist of Death Young Avenger's Avatar

I'll like to see how Sinner would react playing Skullgirls. I'm sure he'll love Peacock, Hornet Bomber and Napalm Piller assists and Ms. Fortune's NOMNOM loops
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian K. Vaughan
    Thanks. I don't know. I'm no Stan Lee, but I definitely know how to steal from him. Stan was the one who realized that great comics have nothing to do with powers, costumes, or continuity, and everything to do with using these heroes as timeless metaphors for something meaningful about our real lives.
    Quoted for truth

Help Save Ant-Man

you guys talk a lot. chill out my friends. : )
    Ororo Munroe: I have no powers, my body cannot fly. But I no longer mind, for in my heart and soul -- where it truly matters -- I soar higher than the stars!

I didn't mean that you all will stop talking though. : )
    Ororo Munroe: I have no powers, my body cannot fly. But I no longer mind, for in my heart and soul -- where it truly matters -- I soar higher than the stars!

I don't see how anyone could watch Marlinpie's Viper beat down on F.Champ, and believe that she's not the best female character (if not perhaps one of the only characters who can really contend with Zero for the top).

the demon king rules master of read's Avatar

Played against a few people on streams. Won a few mostly due to haggar and RR.
    COCAINE IS MY GOD AND I AM THE LIVING INSTRUMENT OF ITS WILL!!
    snowflame, new guardians #2
    wanna make some quick cash?

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    Played against a few people on streams. Won a few mostly due to haggar and RR.
    Those characters are kinda hard to use.

alright I've been practicing extensively with Jill and she is AWESOME!!!!

my new teams (in order of use) are:
    Jill, Deadpool, Strider
    Viewtiful Joe, Zero, Felicia
    Strider, Wesker, Vergil

still sticking with Storm/Sentinel/Morrigan or Wesker/Storm/Doom

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    still sticking with Storm/Sentinel/Morrigan or Wesker/Storm/Doom
    why do you like Storm so much?

Quote Originally Posted by ceroxide View Post
    why do you like Storm so much?
    That character loyalty. I mean, people still play with Hsien-Ko, despite everything.

As for Jill, at least some people can listen to reason...

the demon king rules master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Those characters are kinda hard to use.
    like i said, i've had training. now i can give a good fight with both of them. haggar's L ruffian toss has great range on the ground and gets in the other guy's face quick. his H ruffian toss is a good anti-air move. and dont forget DAT PIPE!

as for RR...............traps, traps, traps.
    COCAINE IS MY GOD AND I AM THE LIVING INSTRUMENT OF ITS WILL!!
    snowflame, new guardians #2
    wanna make some quick cash?

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    as for RR...............traps, traps, traps.
    there's a lot more you can do with RR, he mostly serves well as an assist but he has some good combos of his own

pesonally I like to have Nova on point while assist with RR and have Hulk as a third doing gamma wave

Quote Originally Posted by ceroxide View Post
    there's a lot more you can do with RR, he mostly serves well as an assist but he has some good combos of his own

pesonally I like to have Nova on point while assist with RR and have Hulk as a third doing gamma wave
    he really has a good log assist