Page 92 of 184 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 2749

Quote Originally Posted by Nickarooski View Post
    I'm caught in between the two of you.

... I doubt any of the movie fans even know Colossus exists or that he even had a few cameo shots in X2 & X3.
    Now go back in time and redo those movies. Have Colossus doing the exact same things that you see the Terminator doing in the Terminator movies, but even larger scale, and BOOM, it's all over. We all know that Colossus is far more powerful than the Terminator robots, yet they don't use him that way. The Terminator is bad ass, and Colossus could easily be as bad ass. If in X2, instead of Wolverine telling Colossus to "Go take care of the kids" have him tell Wolverine to go take care of the kids, because we all know there wasn't a damn thing those soldiers could have done to harm Colossus. It would have stolen all the thunder from Wolverine.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wolverine beer.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	71.2 KB 
ID:	98514

I'm the best there is at what I do!!!

A COLOSSUS/MAGIK solo series makes sense they've been working together all through Uncanny and now are pretty much one of the stars of the whole AvX series. It would be great to see them continue to explore that dynamic more. Make it like that Supernatural series on CW, two siblings traveling the world battling magical, supernatural beings and show the dynmaic between the bickering siblings who love each other guest starring bunch of x-men/demons/cytorakk etc. Between Colossus/Magik fans their should be enough to support the book. I'd buy it in a heartbeat!

Quote Originally Posted by colossus34 View Post
    A COLOSSUS/MAGIK solo series makes sense they've been working together all through Uncanny and now are pretty much one of the stars of the whole AvX series. It would be great to see them continue to explore that dynamic more. Make it like that Supernatural series on CW, two siblings traveling the world battling magical, supernatural beings and show the dynmaic between the bickering siblings who love each other guest starring bunch of x-men/demons/cytorakk etc. Between Colossus/Magik fans their should be enough to support the book. I'd buy it in a heartbeat!
    ...........sold
    COLOSSUS katya nightcrawler storm magik
    http://overpower.ca/tools/battlesites.php
    http://overpower.ca/downloads/
    "down with the machine" bray wyatt

Think id rather see Petey sans supernatural forces period at the end of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Romus View Post
    Now go back in time and redo those movies. Have Colossus doing the exact same things that you see the Terminator doing in the Terminator movies, but even larger scale, and BOOM, it's all over. We all know that Colossus is far more powerful than the Terminator robots, yet they don't use him that way. The Terminator is bad ass, and Colossus could easily be as bad ass. If in X2, instead of Wolverine telling Colossus to "Go take care of the kids" have him tell Wolverine to go take care of the kids, because we all know there wasn't a damn thing those soldiers could have done to harm Colossus. It would have stolen all the thunder from Wolverine.
    Two twists of fate have seriously hurt Colossus' chance at being one of the most popular X-men.

1. Largely absent from the 90's X-men cartoon. Despite the fact that the cartoon itself was shitty, many comic fans who love x-men like Cyclops, Rogue and Storm say they grew up with these characters while watching this show. If Colossus had played a far more significant role in the series, it would have garnered him many fans who today are older and who buy comics.

2. Largely absent from the first two X-men movies. This is even bigger than the cartoon. We've seen what movie exposure means for a character's popularity. If Colossus had been included from the first movie on and given a decent amount of screen time kicking ass in his metallic form, he'd be popular as hell. That's a lot more eyeballs seeing him than simply the people who grew up reading comics.

Unfortunately, neither of these two things occurred, and consequently there are movie exposed characters that have much bigger followings than Colossus that otherwise probably would not have.

Quote Originally Posted by Robodojo View Post
    Two twists of fate have seriously hurt Colossus' chance at being one of the most popular X-men.

1. Largely absent from the 90's X-men cartoon. Despite the fact that the cartoon itself was shitty, many comic fans who love x-men like Cyclops, Rogue and Storm say they grew up with these characters while watching this show. If Colossus had played a far more significant role in the series, it would have garnered him many fans who today are older and who buy comics.

2. Largely absent from the first two X-men movies. This is even bigger than the cartoon. We've seen what movie exposure means for a character's popularity. If Colossus had been included from the first movie on and given a decent amount of screen time kicking ass in his metallic form, he'd be popular as hell. That's a lot more eyeballs seeing him than simply the people who grew up reading comics.

Unfortunately, neither of these two things occurred, and consequently there are movie exposed characters that have much bigger followings than Colossus that otherwise probably would not have.
    Sadly as crappy as it was I sometimes whish that PRYDE of THE X-MEN pilot cartoon had taken over instead of the Fox show, Colossus would have really taken off in popularity as he was one of the stars. The movies would have featured him more too if he had been more popular in the cartoon.

I personally got introduced to him in that old arcade game in the late 80's he was the best character in that game and kicked the most butt. Shows proof that kicking butt and showing Colossus doing awesome things is what will garner him mroe fans, not this emo crap every writer puts him through.

Sadly as crappy as it was I sometimes whish that PRYDE of THE X-MEN pilot cartoon had taken over instead of the Fox show, Colossus would have really taken off in popularity as he was one of the stars. The movies would have featured him more too if he had been more popular in the cartoon.
    Good point. Had Colossus been featured in the 90's cartoon, it's more than likely that the movie people would have had more awareness of him and may have included him. Shit.

I personally got introduced to him in that old arcade game in the late 80's he was the best character in that game and kicked the most butt. Shows proof that kicking butt and showing Colossus doing awesome things is what will garner him mroe fans, not this emo crap every writer puts him through.
    No disrespect to you or the Ruskie, but Colossus was NOT the best character to play in the Arcade game.
    Storm and Nightcrawler were, for their mutant powers alone (covered WAY more screen and took out way more opponents)

Much luv.
    cpjudd.com

"Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

Quote Originally Posted by yanapryde View Post
    No disrespect to you or the Ruskie, but Colossus was NOT the best character to play in the Arcade game.
    Storm and Nightcrawler were, for their mutant powers alone (covered WAY more screen and took out way more opponents)

Much luv.
    Well the balancing in that game made no sense. Colossus didn't even have the strongest normal attacks. Hell i think everyone's default punch was the same.

With the announcement of Xavier's son Legion becoming the lead of a book called "Legacy", I'm really hoping that means Professor X will be the big death in AvX (as opposed to Colossus, obviously). With Wolverine and Cyclops taking over the role as the leaders of the mutant race, Professor X's purpose as a character has been basically eliminated. And he's always been a character who had far more impact for what he represents than what he's currently doing. That would only be enhanced by his death, right?

Two factors still favor him, though.

1. With the 05 coming back, Bendis may want to revisit the Professor X as mentor theme. It's a regressive and derivative approach, but then again so is bringing back the 05 to begin with.

2. Marvel may not want to kill off a character who has become the co-lead in Fox's X-men franchise.

Otherwise, Prof X seems prime for the killing to me. Sorry, baldy, but I'd rather anyone get the ax before Colossus.

Trying to pay his debts Jess C.H.'s Avatar

Lol. It looks like someone photoshoped my body onto Hugh Jackmans face.
    "I dont care who you are back in the world."

Trying to pay his debts Jess C.H.'s Avatar

I loved that 80's arcade game! I wish they would show Colossus' transformation energy burst in the comics too. Like most, I never really thought that Colossus could carry his own series, but after seeing so many of the other Marvel B-listers that have been given a shot, I'd have to say he's just as worthy as anyone else to be given a series. I think the Colossus & Magik idea is a great one. As far as writers go, I really dont know who would be best for it, but I would like to challenge Jason Aaron to write a better Colossus than he has thus far. I love the Ed McGuiness idea for art. I think he would be perfect for it. I know a lot of people like to bash on Greg Land, and he isn't exactly one of my favorites either, but I have to say that he has definitely drawn one of the better renditions of the big guy in recent years. Bianchi would be interesting too, but I dont think he's the type of artist that can keep up with a monthly series. I also think Adam Kubert would be awesome for a Colossus or Colossus/Magik series.
    "I dont care who you are back in the world."

I agree a Colossus and Magik series would be great.

The two of them going up against big time magical threats would really push the two magically powered powerhouses to the limit. Hopefully the also explore Pete's connection to Cyttorak more. Illyana and Piotr going against the Exemplars or preventing invading hell lords in Limbo and Earth would be awesome. The two siblings all armored up tapping into their dark powers unleashing hell on their opponents would give me great joy. They both also would be battling with crossing the line and being consumed by the corrupting influence of their powers.

Although more fans mean more spotlight, I don't really mind the fact that he lacked presence in both the 90's cartoon and the X-Men films. It allows me to indulge in my favorite character in the Marvel Universe without having to worry about seeing an endless amount of movie related artwork and hear attention craving high school females post picture's of his actor all over facebook and tumblr with titles like "I <3 Colossus". Although Marvel & DC movies both have been very enjoyable for myself, it continues to rub me the wrong way when I'm seen in the same boat as someone who claims they "love" super heroes but couldn't carry a half decent conversation about the true characters that are merely portrayed through the director's eyes in the movies. Maybe that's just the fact that I am easily annoyed by those who think they know everything or that I enjoy knowing that if I ever have a conversation about Colossus with someone, I won't be thrown off by what they say because they'll more than likely know their information the right way. By picking up a damn comic and reading. But that's just me.

I personally believe the "Colossus-and-Magik-facing-the-supernatural" comic idea is genius. Let us hope that the writers of Marvel are able to think of it as well.