Page 90 of 184 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 2749

Welcome Nickarooski. I didn’t really have a problem with WatXM 14 because they had already broken up. I knew this was going to be a nail in the coffin issue on the relationship and no matter how bad the whole thing was done, I am relieved. It’s been shown recently that when she is out of his life he gets way more panel time and character development. It’s been a great time to be a fan of Colossus even if we don’t always like the direction of things.

I agree Emma has shown signs of slipping into darkness for a while. My thought is Emma or Cyclops will die, but who knows for sure. Maybe Hope?

I don’t think that Marvel NOW Cyclops is the Cyclops we know. Could be someone else entirely or time traveling Cyclops.

In adjectiveless Colossus is drawn with a faded crew cut hairline. If you look close enough you can see it. I’m thinking the next time you see him in his human form he’ll have hair in crew cut style. Not Prof. X style.
    Last edited by JDUP01; 08-02-2012 at 08:44 PM.
    "A house divided against itself cannot stand"-Honest Abe

Great to hear from you, Nickarooski.

I was bummed that the x-offices decided to end the relationship. Mainly it saddened me because it undermines the heart of Colossus' story in Whedon's Astonishing X-men to know that the special connection Peter makes with Kitty ultimately amounts to nothing. That relationship was the emotional lynchpin for Peter and Kitty in what is probably the best X-men run since early Claremont days. Now the story for me is robbed of it's poignancy, particularly after the way Jason Aaron wrote that recent issue of Wolverine and the X-men. And if they actually kill Colossus off in AvX, then Whedon's work with Colossus will be completely ruined, for me at least.

And I never liked the bald look either. Seemed like such an arbitrary change to me.
    Last edited by Robodojo; 08-02-2012 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JDUP01 View Post
    In adjectiveless Colossus is drawn with a faded crew cut hairline. If you look close enough you can see it. I’m thinking the next time you see him in his human form he’ll have hair in crew cut style. Not Prof. X style.
    Yeah, that's not such a bad look. I take it that's more something that artist David Lopez introduced because it looks cool. We'll see.

Actually, Wood and Lopez's X-men is the most involved Colossus has been in an X-story in years. Really appreciate what Wood is trying to do with Colossus. Compare this portrayal to Jason Aaron having Colossus be so stupid he thinks Whales can't breathe out of water.

Quote Originally Posted by Robodojo View Post
    Yeah, that's not such a bad look. I take it that's more something that artist David Lopez introduced because it looks cool. We'll see.

Actually, Wood and Lopez's X-men is the most involved Colossus has been in an X-story in years. Really appreciate what Wood is trying to do with Colossus. Compare this portrayal to Jason Aaron having Colossus be so stupid he thinks Whales can't breathe out of water.

Yup, Wood is the man. Lopez art grew on me quick too. A good writer will do his or her job and write quality stuff for not only his favorite(s) characters but for ALL the characters. Hell, even Domino seemed ok in issue 33.

Welcome Nickarooski. I didn’t really have a problem with WatXM 14 because they had already broken up. I knew this was going to be a nail in the coffin issue on the relationship and no matter how bad the whole thing was done, I am relieved. It’s been shown recently that when she is out of his life he gets way more panel time and character development. It’s been a great time to be a fan of Colossus even if we don’t always like the direction of things.

I agree Emma has shown signs of slipping into darkness for a while. My thought is Emma or Cyclops will die, but who knows for sure. Maybe Hope?

I don’t think that Marvel NOW Cyclops is the Cyclops we know. Could be someone else entirely or time traveling Cyclops.

I don't know. About 90 percent of his development and screen time since his return has been related to his relationship with her. After the astonishing run it was his only character trait. Thats why it makes so little sense to break them up so fast and so dirty. An amicable end could have happened, but marvel doesn't do that they have to make one party look terrible. In this instance I don't think Kitty is coming off to well either. Her irrational behavior with Iceman doesn't make her look that good.

Though i guess it was good to see an end to the farce that was Storm and Black Panther. That marketing gimmick lasted far too long.

As for who will die, id also put money on emma or cyclops. Though i would kinda like past Cyclops to see his present day self just so he can see what a raging hypocritical ass hes become. Kinda like the old south park episode "my future self and me"

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

I was liking the attention he was receiving in the earlier 500's of Uncanny X-Men, when Scott told him to do what he must to get over his past. I'm still on the fence about being the Avatar of Cyttorak, because although it given him a bigger role in recent months, it's steals away the originality of both him and Cain Marko. Then the writers make him so dependent on it. I agree with those of you who say he should have been given a power-boost in strength. Or maybe give him an arc in Uncanny X-Men where he's the focus of the story (and does GOOD, like the REAL Piotr does).

I guess, just growing up with the two of them always drawn together and the small "romantic" portion of me just enjoyed the couple. But I suppose you're right. The whole "Katya" tattoo he got on his chest was very displeasing for me. Made him look like he couldn't do anything himself without her. I know he's all about saving the ones he loves, which is one of my favorable aspects of Colossus, but he still deserves some personal spot light.

I'd like to see some more Colossus, Wolverine, and Nightcrawler team-up comics, like they use to have. Liberators was on of my favorite run of theirs. Also, a Colossus and Magik comic could definitely win some audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Order of Zeon View Post
    I don't know. About 90 percent of his development and screen time since his return has been related to his relationship with her. After the astonishing run it was his only character trait.
    Correct. A lot of panel time was dedicated to him and his heartache over the loss of "Katya". Now she's gone and now his role is expanded.

Good I think Colossus deserve to be with someone with a bigger breast.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=40276
    SJNeal offered up a challenge asking, "In 3 words or less, can you give us any clues as to the NOW! status of the following characters?: Wonder Man, Mockingbird, Dr. Strange and Colossus.

Alonso: Challenge accepted, SJNeal:
    Colossus: (1) Keep, (2) Ears, (3) Peeled.
    COLOSSUS katya nightcrawler storm magik
    http://overpower.ca/tools/battlesites.php
    http://overpower.ca/downloads/
    "down with the machine" bray wyatt

Quote Originally Posted by steve2275 View Post
    SJNeal offered up a challenge asking, "In 3 words or less, can you give us any clues as to the NOW! status of the following characters?: Wonder Man, Mockingbird, Dr. Strange and Colossus.

Ugh! I hate that cryptic shit! But it lends a small gimmer of hope for our boy, Petey.

Oh, and welcome Nickarooski! Always glad to see another Colossus homer...uhhh fan I mean. :P

In re to your question, I loathe Kitty Pryde. I'm so glad they're not together. Petey doesn't need romance in his life for a while.
    Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Suiciety View Post
    Petey doesn't need romance in his life for a while.
    nope
    just live to kick ass

or just take a break(and him being dead for a few years doesnt count)
    i mean he's been fighting almost half his life
    attend some art galla's
    concentrate on being a world famous artist
    Last edited by steve2275; 08-04-2012 at 09:35 AM.
    COLOSSUS katya nightcrawler storm magik
    http://overpower.ca/tools/battlesites.php
    http://overpower.ca/downloads/
    "down with the machine" bray wyatt

Does anyone else miss the "as immune to magic as he is physical harm" that Chris Claremont introduced a long time ago. I thought this was an awesome thing that set him apart from other strong characters. When was the last time it was ever mentioned?

Quote Originally Posted by Romus View Post
    Does anyone else miss the "as immune to magic as he is physical harm" that Chris Claremont introduced a long time ago. I thought this was an awesome thing that set him apart from other strong characters. When was the last time it was ever mentioned?
    I don't know. But it seems like all the X-men were depowered after CC. Except Wolverine of course.

Quote Originally Posted by steve2275 View Post

In the same link, if you scroll down it says...

In a broad sense, Prince Of Orphans wanted to know, "Will the Marvel NOW! initiative give us any solo titles not currently ongoing?"

Alonso: But of course. Keep you ears peeled.

Maybe this ties in to the "Keep Ears Peeled" for Colossus? Maybe that's what he mean't! I'm keeping my fingers crossed big time. If so, I'm buying 5 of every issue that comes out. LOL

ALSO

The sneak peek for X-Men #37 (http://marvel.com/comic_books/issue/40855/x-men_2010_37) says that
    "Colossus has his own agenda…will he leave the team to pursue it?"

This may also be a sign that he'll be having his own title. I'd LOVE for that to happen!
    Last edited by Nickarooski; 08-04-2012 at 05:39 PM.

Correct. A lot of panel time was dedicated to him and his heartache over the loss of "Katya". Now she's gone and now his role is expanded.
    And what is his character trait now? Psycho?