Page 169 of 184 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169170171172173179 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 2749

Thanks for the update, maxi!

I wonder if he's referring to Hopeless...? Bah! There isn't much to work with here. Still...feck Bendis!! :)
    Last edited by Suiciety; 12-27-2013 at 03:59 PM.
    Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
    I understand your point, although I don't really have favorite comic couples. Colossus and Domino has actually been a pretty good one so far, in large part due to the absence of melodrama.

Unlike Scott and Jean or Peter and Kitty, Cable and Domino's romance never seemed all that important to the proceedings. It was there, but not very impactful. There is far more interesting potential for either character to find romance elsewhere, rather than rehashing one that didn't have much going for it to begin with.
    But see a big part of the no melodrama was only because Hopeless had Cable move on, otherwise there possibly would have been a fair amount of it.

As for Colossus I don't have a problem with the character in general, I just don't see him with Domino...and I'm not a fan of he and Kitty together either, I would have said Frenzy perhaps but always thought that she and Gambit were going to hook up opposite Magneto and Rogue...ah well.

As per my sig I have favorite couples that have been my favorite since my first comic book that I read years ago...I don't think any of them have changed a bit.
    W/B Warpath/Siryn Sam/Tabitha I'll go now............................................... ...

Quote Originally Posted by maxi_miceli View Post
    So, Bendis just said that he isn't answering any Colossus question because he fears spoiling someone else’s story, so that's why he was shutting down people's questions, not because he isn't joining the UXM

http://brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.com...about-how-fans
    I'm surprised so many people have been clamoring about the big guy's return. I wonder why he's so mum on the subject? Surely whatever he's going to be doing won't be that important as I don't think he's dying judging from Hopeless saying he'd use them again in another X-title.
    Last edited by Rickbarry; 12-27-2013 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30x33 View Post
    But see a big part of the no melodrama was only because Hopeless had Cable move on, otherwise there possibly would have been a fair amount of it.
    No offense, but you're losing me here. Yes, any time something happens in a story it's because a writer made it so. After 17 issues of this book, I never saw an ounce of romantic tension between Cable and Domino. Whatever romance they once had is long gone. And I'd even argue that while you may think they are a good match for each other, I think Domino functions much more impressively when she doesn't come across as Cable's woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickbarry View Post
    I'm surprised so many people have been clamoring about the big guy's return. I wonder why he's so mum on the subject? Surely whatever he's going to be doing won't be that important as I don't think he's dying judging from Hopeless saying he'd use them again in another X-title.
    It's interesting to see how people are reacting to Brian Bendis' veiled Colossus references. Seems like to me he is saying that another writer has plans for Colossus and Bendis doesn't want to spoil them by saying why Colossus isn't in one of his books. I don't think it's Hopeless, though. He recently said that he doesn't know where Domino or Colossus are going to be after X-Force. At this point, I can't even imagine where Colossus could wind up, if not with Cyclops crew then where?

It's interesting to see how people are reacting to Brian Bendis' veiled Colossus references. Seems like to me he is saying that another writer has plans for Colossus and Bendis doesn't want to spoil them by saying why Colossus isn't in one of his books. I don't think it's Hopeless, though. He recently said that he doesn't know where Domino or Colossus are going to be after X-Force. At this point, I can't even imagine where Colossus could wind up, if not with Cyclops crew then where?

Well there are really only two options that would 'shock' readers. One would involve him following Magneto and the other would involve him being a big deal in the Utopian book coming later next year. So I don't know, but the fact that he hasn't popped up yet and the writers reluctance to spill the beans on it? We might be in store for some fun involving the character.

Either that or he dies.

No offense, but you're losing me here. Yes, any time something happens in a story it's because a writer made it so. After 17 issues of this book, I never saw an ounce of romantic tension between Cable and Domino. Whatever romance they once had is long gone. And I'd even argue that while you may think they are a good match for each other, I think Domino functions much more impressively when she doesn't come across as Cable's woman.

I've never once seen Domino as being anything close to Cable's woman and I don't think that she's ever been depicted as that either, you didn't see an ounce of romantic tension only because Hopeless wanted it clear that Domino and Colossus were the pairing on the team and he didn't want there to be any tension. It's like if Jean came back and Emma and Scott were still together, the three were on the same team and there was no romantic tension between Scott and Jean because the writer was such a huge fan of Scott/Emma, if Hopless hadn't been pushing Colossus and Domino so hard there probably would have been tension.
    W/B Warpath/Siryn Sam/Tabitha I'll go now............................................... ...

I think Scott/Jean is on a different level than Cable/Domino.

if Hopless hadn't been pushing Colossus and Domino so hard there probably would have been tension.
    Yet there wasn't. And in fact there hasn't been for years. You don't seem to want to address that, though. Fact is, Hopeless is one of many writers who have chosen not to put Cable and Domino back together in a relationship. Why do you think that is?

Well there are really only two options that would 'shock' readers. One would involve him following Magneto and the other would involve him being a big deal in the Utopian book coming later next year. So I don't know, but the fact that he hasn't popped up yet and the writers reluctance to spill the beans on it? We might be in store for some fun involving the character.
    I think you're probably right about the fun thing. Bendis is indicating that something is going down with Colossus, and I am really looking forward to finding out what that will be.

Well it's kind of hard to get two characters together when one is dead or off on his own big storyline for a long stretch of that time, then when Cable came back Domino was in another book in an entirely different storyline. And I remember that one of the big questions that Hopeless got was whether or not Domino and Cable would get back together, so it's not a stretch...and some even want/think/hope that she joins his new team...so again obviously people thought that maybe the two might get back together.

As for Colossus, who knows maybe he'll be the next to go...not saying that I hope that he is or anything but...just saying that his next storyline might not be a good one, a writer could be using him in a way that many here wouldn't like, it's a possibility.

Yet there wasn't. And in fact there hasn't been for years. You don't seem to want to address that, though. Fact is, Hopeless is one of many writers who have chosen not to put Cable and Domino back together in a relationship. Why do you think that is?

I think you're probably right about the fun thing. Bendis is indicating that something is going down with Colossus, and I am really looking forward to finding out what that will be.
    LoganAlpha seems to get really upset when certain characters are with anyone other than his preferred ship. He constantly complains that Psylocke is with anyone other than Angel and now he's offended that Domino isn't with Cable.

As for Colossus, who knows maybe he'll be the next to go...not saying that I hope that he is or anything but...just saying that his next storyline might not be a good one, a writer could be using him in a way that many here wouldn't like, it's a possibility.
    No, that tired gimmick was used in Battle of the Atom. But perhaps the death of Domino would be used to restore Pete to his old emo self, eh? It’s a possibility.

How about a Colossus & Domino mini-series? Here’s what I envision: Dom and Pete go on a few missions together. There’s action, comedy and relationship stuff. Then things take a serious turn as Dom tells Pete she’s with child. Not long after Dom and Pete take on an opponent way too powerful for either of them to defeat. In the battle Dom’s luck runs out and she loses her life and the unborn child along with her. At this point, Pete seeking revenge re-sells his soul to Cyttorak. Cyttorak wanting his favorite avatar in thousands of years accepts him back with open arms. Juggolossus then takes his revenge in a most unmerciful way by destroying anything and everything in his path. End of mini.
    "A house divided against itself cannot stand"-Honest Abe

Quote Originally Posted by JDUP01 View Post
    No, that tired gimmick was used in Battle of the Atom. But perhaps the death of Domino would be used to restore Pete to his old emo self, eh? It’s a possibility.

How about a Colossus & Domino mini-series? Here’s what I envision: Dom and Pete go on a few missions together. There’s action, comedy and relationship stuff. Then things take a serious turn as Dom tells Pete she’s with child. Not long after Dom and Pete take on an opponent way too powerful for either of them to defeat. In the battle Dom’s luck runs out and she loses her life and the unborn child along with her. At this point, Pete seeking revenge re-sells his soul to Cyttorak. Cyttorak wanting his favorite avatar in thousands of years accepts him back with open arms. Juggolossus then takes his revenge in a most unmerciful way by destroying anything and everything in his path. End of mini.
    You Cyttorak guys. Ya gotta let it go and what's the deal with something tragic happening to Colossus or anyone involved with him?! It's been done to death!

You Cyttorak guys. Ya gotta let it go and what's the deal with something tragic happening to Colossus or anyone involved with him?! It's been done to death!
    Most people on this thread never seem to be bothered by more of the same. Besides that, there's nothing new under the sun. It's just how someone tells the story. Anyway, Dom doesn't really have to die. It just needs to appear that way long enough for Pete to do the deed.
    "A house divided against itself cannot stand"-Honest Abe

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher284 View Post
    LoganAlpha seems to get really upset when certain characters are with anyone other than his preferred ship. He constantly complains that Psylocke is with anyone other than Angel and now he's offended that Domino isn't with Cable.
    Nah, I'm just not going to jump on the bandwagon since it's something different, a pairing that lasted what...like 10 issues that I'm automatically supposed to love and support and get behind just because it's different, and Psylocke is being used to give the character of Fantomex a boost and imho written badly to do it....

And last I checked I wasn't the only one that gets upset when characters aren't with who I think that they should be...I'm just the only one attacked for it.

I'd be here for Domino dying but not getting pregnant. Petey should vacay to the Savage Land and finally meet Peter Jr. At this point I just think I would really enjoy him being an acolyte in Mags book and stay on the current trajectory of not being emolossus.
    Psylocke