Page 146 of 184 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 2749

I'd like to talk about the Magik/Colossus incident from UXN: I know Magik screw over Colossus almost the same way Belasco screw over Magik (some vicious cycle), so is there a chance Colossus might do the same thing, or will he finally break the cycle?

With the way the writers and editors are taking liberty with these characters, anything is possible (right or wrong).

But in a perfect world (minus Bendis, Loeb, Aaron, etc), I highly doubt Colossus would hurt anyone like Illyana did him. He's been the poster child for Emoanonymous for the past few years. Wait...he did hurt the whales by giving them lobster legs. I take back what I said. Colossus is a jerk and a cruel man. I'm glad his sister played him and that sooka Pryde kicked him to the curb.

On a side note (and to digress), Colossus is finally playable in Marvel Heroes (Beta). I took him up to level 12 last night. It was a very enjoyable experience. His current available costumes are: classic, modern, PF, Marvel Now and Acolyte. I read that someone had Avatar of Cyttorak drop during a boss fight. I'm inclined to believe that because Petey's helmet slot (don't ask...it's a game thing, and no he doesn't wear a helm in his regular costumes) is a pic of Juggy's helmet.
    Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Suiciety View Post
    Trust me, Robo, I'm leaning towards pessimism these days. So feel free to be negative if you wish, sir. ;)

In re to issue #4. Meh. The art was good, but Petey was drawn too small. Emolossus was in full effect in this issue my friends. I wanted the Nazi to shoot him instead of the wannabe Blobs. And seeing Petey getting owned by Deathlock was icing on the cake. And that brief exchange with Domino reminded me of his infamous whale w/lobster legs scene with Illyana.

I'm now fairly convinced that Petey will end up turning himself in based upon this issue.
    It we didn't have Emolossus this book wouldn't have had any emotion at all. The total nonchalant attitude of everyone on the team would have been even more bland if Colossus just went along with it. He was the only character with a unique voice in the issue. I wouldn't say that he's the same as he was prior to AvX, but he's never going to sign off on killing innocent people. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by 244 View Post
    I'd like to talk about the Magik/Colossus incident from UXN: I know Magik screw over Colossus almost the same way Belasco screw over Magik (some vicious cycle), so is there a chance Colossus might do the same thing, or will he finally break the cycle?
    I seriously doubt he'd turn his back on Illyana even after everything she's done to him. He's had some time to cool off after the immediate reaction of her betrayl. Can't see him not helping her. Heck, he's tried to help Mikhail several times after the guy wanted to kill him.
    Last edited by Rickbarry; 02-14-2013 at 04:47 AM.

I like your points, Rickbarry. I double that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickbarry View Post
    I seriously doubt he'd turn his back on Illyana even after everything she's done to him. He's had some time to cool off after the immediate reaction of her betrayl. Can't see him not helping her. Heck, he's tried to help Mikhail several times after the guy wanted to kill him.
    I wasn't implying that Colossus would have his revenge but what I mean is what if Colossus damns someone he's set up a relationship with. After reading your reasoning, you have a good point.

Man, it still breaks my heart what happened from UNX #18 and #20. I'm fond of the Magik/Colossus relationship. Unfortunately, Magik's past has destroyed her and her relationship with her brother and now Colossus has to experience the same self loathing his sister is going through as a result of their demonic corruption.
    Last edited by 244; 02-14-2013 at 07:15 PM.

I wasn't implying that Colossus would have his revenge but what I mean is what if Colossus damns someone he's set up a relationship with. After reading your reasoning, you have a good point.

Man, it still breaks my heart what happened from UNX #18 and #20. I'm fond of the Magik/Colossus relationship. Unfortunately, Magik's past has destroyed her and her relationship with her brother and now Colossus has to experience the same self loathing his sister is going through as a result of their demonic corruption.
    Colossus and relationship does not compute. Syntax error!

Petey needs to stay clear of relationships for a good long while. I just hope the writers and editors see it this way as well.

While Petey may be going through self loathing, remorse and regret, he is no Illyana. Homegirl took things in stride for the most part. Petey on the other hand, will almost never embrace his (past) darkness simply because the writers and editors prefer Emolossus nowadays.

And I'm still annoyed that no one, and I mean no one, bothered to explain how Petey was going all evil when Marko never once showed any signs of possession. KG took liberty with the Cyttorak angle and not one editor (as far as I can tell) attempted to tell him that's not the way an Avatar of Cyttorak rolls homeboy. Meh...
    Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do - Voltaire

And I'm still annoyed that no one, and I mean no one, bothered to explain how Petey was going all evil when Marko never once showed any signs of possession. KG took liberty with the Cyttorak angle and not one editor (as far as I can tell) attempted to tell him that's not the way an Avatar of Cyttorak rolls homeboy. Meh...
    This bugs me, too. Considering the Juggernaut arc as a whole, this is how I'm feeling about it now:

The Good: Colossus' Jugs story was equally Illyana's story, as becomes apparent when you see how it's resolved. I like that Kieron advanced this sibling relationship beyond Colossus needing to protect his "little snowflake". How long has the same song and dance been going on with these two? Well, not anymore, and that's a good thing for both characters. Having the Rasputin siblings at odds with each other may be sad, but it's definitely not boring.

The Bad: While I like the nuts and bolts of what Kieron did with these two, I can't help but feel that Colossus got short-changed with this story arc. Simply stated, we weren't given enough time in his head to see how he was dealing with his possession. It all seemed to happen at a distance, with a predictable and under-written descent into madness for Peter. Yes, the degree to which Illyana orchestrated her brother's downfall was surprising to me, but otherwise the whole experience felt pat, and much of the potential of a hero like Colossus being possessed by Cyttorak was left unexplored. It's a shame that we couldn't have gotten just one issue that was told completely from Colossus' perspective. That would have gone a long way towards fleshing out this story for me. But nope, there were always things that had the higher priority, such as Sinister or Phoenix Fives or whatever else. As Suiciety says, meh.

The Ugly: Will this new status quo be followed up on at all? Bendis has promised that Magik will be getting a lot of attention in Uncanny X-men, but it remains to be seen how much her relationship with her brother will play a part in the story Bendis is telling with her. And on Colossus' end, who knows? All I know is that his presence in the Marvel Now! era seems much diminished, and it's hard to see him getting the spotlight to further explore his relationship with his sister.

Colossus and relationship does not compute. Syntax error!

Petey needs to stay clear of relationships for a good long while. I just hope the writers and editors see it this way as well.

While Petey may be going through self loathing, remorse and regret, he is no Illyana. Homegirl took things in stride for the most part. Petey on the other hand, will almost never embrace his (past) darkness simply because the writers and editors prefer Emolossus nowadays.

Self loathing was evident in Magik, but I agree that she seemed to accept the idea that she's a monster. She feels dead inside now. Colossus wants redemption so he was lucky the demon part of him didn't destroyed him completely.

As for going all demon because of the Cyttorak influence, I guess it's because Cain wasn't as messed up as Colossus before, or maybe Kieron Gillen has retcon the whole Cyttorak nature. If any of us remember about Magik's demon days, the more she let's her negative emotions consume her, the more demonic she becomes. It's like a metaphor to the whole jungian shadow archetype and probably one of Chris Claremont's favorite storytelling tool in terms of characters with dark sides.
    Last edited by 244; 02-17-2013 at 07:51 PM.

Self loathing was evident in Magik, but I agree that she seemed to accept the idea that she's a monster. She feels dead inside now. Colossus wants redemption so he was lucky the demon part of him didn't destroyed him completely.

As for going all demon because of the Cyttorak influence, I guess it's because Cain wasn't as messed up as Colossus before, or maybe Kieron Gillen has retcon the whole Cyttorak nature. If any of us remember about Magik's demon days, the more she let's her negative emotions consume her, the more demonic she becomes. It's like a metaphor to the whole jungian shadow archetype and probably one of Chris Claremont's favorite storytelling tool in terms of characters with dark sides.

I think it was a pleasant retcon that Colossus had to use all of his willpower to control the urges. It interested me, but AvX took away ten issues of Gillen's twenty issue run before Bendis snaked him on writing the series(Which judging from the first issue...sucked bad. We're lucky Colossus isn't on it. Stupid Magneto show already). The Juggernaut is a champion for a demon. There's gotta be some baggage to the power boon and it came across in the series limited run.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I follow Brian Bendis' tumblr feed as he links to lots of cool comic art. Sporadically he answers fan questions, and tonight he answered a question about Colossus. Interesting in light of what we were speculating before.

Mr. Bendis, considering you apparently passed on including Colossus in your Uncanny X-men cast, does that mean you are uninterested in the character, or that you won't want to use him down the road? Thanks
    thorgen

Oh, I am very interested in the character and very interested in him relating to the other ex Phoenix force, including his sister, but that is a story for another day.
    Yikes, pretty scary when you read between the lines. "Very interested in the character" is Bendis code for "Colossus is a huge poser." And "that is a story for another day" clearly is his way of saying that Colossus fans can suck it because he's gonna kill the son of a bitch ASAP.

PS. Nice to see Bendis is pretty cool to his readers. Don't always see that with creators.
    Last edited by Robodojo; 02-19-2013 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robodojo View Post
    As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I follow Brian Bendis' tumblr feed as he links to lots of cool comic art. Sporadically he answers fan questions, and tonight he answered a question about Colossus. Interesting in light of what we were speculating before.

Yikes, pretty scary when you read between the lines. "Very interested in the character" is Bendis code for "Colossus is a huge poser." And "that is a story for another day" clearly is his way of saying that Colossus fans can suck it because he's gonna kill the son of a bitch ASAP.

PS. Nice to see Bendis is pretty cool to his readers. Don't always see that with creators.

You think so? I actually think that shows promise that he realizes the dynamic Colossus would have with the other members of the P5 and his sister. That's a great little arc just waiting to happen, but he's gotta do other things first. -Shrugs- He was pretty much the only one of the p5 that didn't commit war crimes. Any panels with Cyclops (killing Xavier) and Magik (Mega burned) would practically write themselves.

You think so? I actually think that shows promise that he realizes the dynamic Colossus would have with the other members of the P5 and his sister. That's a great little arc just waiting to happen, but he's gotta do other things first. -Shrugs- He was pretty much the only one of the p5 that didn't commit war crimes. Any panels with Cyclops (killing Xavier) and Magik (Mega burned) would practically write themselves.

Stupid double post, but I did find this. Apparently Colossus does turn himself in, but Cable continues to troll him.

http://marvel.com/news/story/20157/t...nt=story-20157
    Last edited by Rickbarry; 02-20-2013 at 04:24 AM.

You think so? I actually think that shows promise that he realizes the dynamic Colossus would have with the other members of the P5 and his sister.
    I was being sarcastic, poking fun at myself since I wrote earlier in this thread that I thought Bendis had shown himself to be disinterested in Colossus in the past. I would say his quote here shows that he's either changed his view, or that was never his view to begin with.

edit: to be clear, I'm saying that yes, that's a good quote for Colossus fans.
    Last edited by Robodojo; 02-20-2013 at 08:00 AM.

I was being sarcastic, poking fun at myself since I wrote earlier in this thread that I thought Bendis had shown himself to be disinterested in Colossus in the past. I would say his quote here shows that he's either changed his view, or that was never his view to begin with.

edit: to be clear, I'm saying that yes, that's a good quote for Colossus fans.
    Mhm, did you see the link I put up? Trolling Colossus is reaching epic proportions. Magik, Cyttorak and Phoenix Force have dogged him for a couple years. Now he turns himself in and Cable & Co. won't leave the guy alone. Poor guy.

Mhm, did you see the link I put up? Trolling Colossus is reaching epic proportions. Magik, Cyttorak and Phoenix Force have dogged him for a couple years. Now he turns himself in and Cable & Co. won't leave the guy alone. Poor guy.
    At some point the man has to look in the mirror and ask himself why he allows others to work him over so often. Stop being a victim, and start being a (metal) man.

I'll go ahead and copy/paste the relevant Colossus portion of what Rick linked to from Marvel.com.

Marvel.com: On that note, letís segue over to CABLE AND X-FORCE; who on the team is dealing the best with being on the run, and why? Who's having the worst time of it?

Dennis Hopeless: Cable and Domino are pretty good at this sort of thing by now. I donít know how proud they are of being good outlaws, but itís a fact.

Colossus is definitely having the worst time of it. Heís dealing with a lot of guiltóold guilt and new guiltóand wants to atone. Thereís a simple solution to all of this, but itís tough to save the world from behind bars. Pete is torn between his guilt and his loyalty to X-Force and their mission.

Marvel.com: How is it that Colossus is captured and hits jail? How's he going to feel about that? And why will prison be difficult?

Dennis Hopeless: He wants to make amends, do his time and move on from all the guilt. He likes prison in a weird way. Itís as though a weight has been lifted from his chest and he can breathe again. The only thing particularly difficult about jail is that Domino, Cable and X-Force wonít leave him alone in there.