Page 142 of 184 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 2749

Quote Originally Posted by Robodojo View Post
    I know it. It's frustrating as hell to have Colossus demoted from the highest selling X-men book and then relegated to a title where the author almost seems like he's going out of his way to avoid using him. Pete goes from actively appearing in several books to being merely a bench player on a second tier x-title. Damn, seemed like this book had a lot of potential for Colossus.

On the bright side, if Colossus really does go into limbo (doubtful) when he goes to jail, we'll hardly notice.
    I know it. It's frustrating as hell to have Colossus demoted from the highest selling X-men book and then relegated to a title where the author almost seems like he's going out of his way to avoid using him. Pete goes from actively appearing in several books to being merely a bench player on a second tier x-title. Damn, seemed like this book had a lot of potential for Colossus.

On the bright side, if Colossus really does go into limbo (doubtful) when he goes to jail, we'll hardly notice.
    Yeah. I've no idea what the future holds for Colossus in this book, but he's clearly not being used as the solicits would imply. They might just be using him to help people pick up the book, get into the story and then dump him after the first arc. Stranger things have happened.

A tweet from hopeless about the issue itself. https://twitter.com/HopelessDent/sta...55503228456960

So maybe it's in the next issue? -Shrugs-
    Last edited by Rickbarry; 01-09-2013 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickbarry View Post

A tweet from hopeless about the issue itself. https://twitter.com/HopelessDent/sta...55503228456960

So maybe it's in the next issue? -Shrugs-
    Let me get this straight: Marvel and Hopless saw and new about the solicit for at least two or more months yet chose to allow false advertising to remain? Nice.

On a side note, Colossus is playable as his current
    X-Force self in the upcoming Marvel MMO. His outfit even has the clicky device. I assume it will help him get
    tea bagged by all. :)
    Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Suiciety View Post
    Let me get this straight: Marvel and Hopless saw and new about the solicit for at least two or more months yet chose to allow false advertising to remain? Nice.
    Nice like a sharp kick in the ass.

At this point, I actually hope that Colossus does go off to jail and exits this series. Let him sit in jail/limbo until a creator comes along who is interested in telling a story where Colossus is an integral part. Not a throw-in character, not a character you can plaster on covers but ignore within, not a character who silently stands around in the background and is interchangeable with any other brick. I'm talking about a story where Colossus being there is significant. Maybe that won't happen for a good long while, years even, but that wait would be preferable to the constant tease over the years that Colossus is going to be a part of something, only to have his involvement be marginal.

No offense meant towards Hopeless or his editors, though. I'm not criticizing their choices as much as finding them personally disappointing as a Colossus fan.

Trying to pay his debts Jess C.H.'s Avatar

The series is barely three issues in and most of you already seem to be giving up hope. I know that Pete isn't the star of the show, but it seems pretty obvious that Hopeless is gradually building up to something and Pete is going to play a significant part in his own way. He just happens to have 5 other characters not named Cable that he has to work in there angle. I think it's about to start picking up for us Colossus fans.
    "I dont care who you are back in the world."

Nice like a sharp kick in the ass.

At this point, I actually hope that Colossus does go off to jail and exits this series. Let him sit in jail/limbo until a creator comes along who is interested in telling a story where Colossus is an integral part. Not a throw-in character, not a character you can plaster on covers but ignore within, not a character who silently stands around in the background and is interchangeable with any other brick. I'm talking about a story where Colossus being there is significant. Maybe that won't happen for a good long while, years even, but that wait would be preferable to the constant tease over the years that Colossus is going to be a part of something, only to have his involvement be marginal.

No offense meant towards Hopeless or his editors, though. I'm not criticizing their choices as much as finding them personally disappointing as a Colossus fan.
    Agree with you here. Been saying it for quite some time if you read through my posts in here. Colossus had massive exposure as the Avatar of Cytorakk and one of the Phoenix 5 and yet he still wasn't given much weight in the stories or shown to be very impressive. Let the character take some time off/retire for a bit rather than go form being a A-list X-men to a bench player in a side book. When a writer comes along who genuinely LOVES the character, and I mean as much as Whedon loved Kitty, Morrison loved Scott/Emma and Carey loved Rogue. A writer who is willing to really explore him as a main character in one of the X-men books. Until then I don't see any point in plastering him as wallpaper to sell a few books.

They did the same thing with Ultimate Comics X-men #9. They promoted the return of Colossus and it was just two pages of him getting zapped by some sad little electro whips. Two times Marvel pulled a bait and switch on me.
    "A house divided against itself cannot stand"-Honest Abe

Quote Originally Posted by Jess C.H. View Post
    The series is barely three issues in and most of you already seem to be giving up hope. I know that Pete isn't the star of the show, but it seems pretty obvious that Hopeless is gradually building up to something and Pete is going to play a significant part in his own way. He just happens to have 5 other characters not named Cable that he has to work in there angle. I think it's about to start picking up for us Colossus fans.
    Maybe you're right, Jess, but after awhile being a Colossus fan feels a lot like being Charlie Brown when he goes to kick that damn football.

Maybe you're right, Jess, but after awhile being a Colossus fan feels a lot like being Charlie Brown when he goes to kick that damn football.
    That's true, but the pendulum swings back and forth and Piotr will be back on top soon enough.

o

Quote Originally Posted by Jess C.H. View Post
    I don't think we're demanding him to be the star of the comic. It's obviously Cable's show, but when an issue puts him on the front and the solicits state that it's going to be Colossus centered you kind of expect to see him. Instead we see him at the end of the comic getting sat on by a fat guy. Here's hoping you're right about things picking up.

I just checked out 2012’s top 500 comics. Looks like our Russian friend had a very good year:

#63 AvX vs #2, Colossus vs Spiderman. Second best selling vs.
    #71 AvX vs #3 The Rasputins vs Thing and Black Widow. Third best selling vs.
    #120 Uncanny X-men (v2) #11. Colossus vs Red Hulk. The top selling UXM of 2012.
    #177 Uncanny X-men (v2) #15. Phoenix Colossus attempts to break his deal with Cytorrak.
    #179 Uncanny X-men (v2) #20. Colossunaut vs Magik. Goodbye, Colossunaut. Hello, Emolossus.
    #242 Wolverine & the X-men #14. Phoenix Colossus vs Sooka Pryde.
    #290 Uncanny X-men (v2) #8. Hello, Demonlossus.

I’m going to miss 2012.

http://www.diamondcomics.com/Home/1/...ticleID=129965
    "A house divided against itself cannot stand"-Honest Abe

Good news is Cable & X-force sold incredibly well. Bad News...Colossus hasn't done jack!

Yeah...I think this is a fairly low point for Colossus.

- getting punk'd by Rulk.
    - getting punk'd by his emo-licious-self. Oh, Scotty baby, you don't understand. It's not my sister. I'm afraid of what I may do. <sniff> <sniff> *cue the razor blade and the bottle of ketchup.
    - getting punk'd by Cyke controlled Sinister <zap!>. Shit, getting punk'd by the Juggernaut helmet of le fail.
    - getting punk'd by Rulk again (in VS). * shoo fly, go play with Ben.
    - getting punk'd by Gambit clones.
    - getting punk'd by Aaron and Red Lobster.
    - getting punk'd by Spidey aka Aaron.
    - getting punk'd by his sister.
    - getting punk'd by the twoclick.com.
    - getting punk'd by Marvel solicits.
    - getting punk'd in issue six of CaXF whilst (English thang) doing his best "In Chains" Depeche Mode pose.

I'm sure I'm forgetting shit. At least I'm in Beta now for Marvel Heroes and can play as Colossus this spring. Wait...I'm sure he'll get nerfed and Rocket Racoon will own him. Yup...a lot to look forward to in 2013. :)
    Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do - Voltaire

That X-Force costume is horrific.

Wish he was in the other X-Force.

Amazing how much abuse he's had from X-writers post-CC; Lobdell, Ellis and Aaron have all treated the character appalingly.

The majority of the rest with indifference.

I always liked Colossus but Mutant Massacre, Fall of the Mutants and Inferno all made me fall in love with him.

Did most people miss these arcs?

Yeah...I think this is a fairly low point for Colossus.

...snip...

I'm sure I'm forgetting shit.
    Nice list. You just made me realize Colossus is the Rodney Dangerfield of comic characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadowsopranospimp View Post
    That X-Force costume is horrific.
    The orange is not working.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadowsopranospimp View Post
    I always liked Colossus but Mutant Massacre, Fall of the Mutants and Inferno all made me fall in love with him.

Did most people miss these arcs?
    Oh yeah. Other than Whedon's Astonishing run, I can't think of another Colossus story since those long gone Claremont days that's worth a damn.

Well the new previews came out today. Pete's still in the book, but apparently he might have dropped the soap. He's having a bad time in prison.