Page 140 of 184 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144150 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 2749

Quote Originally Posted by Suiciety View Post
    Hopeless, Twitter: https://twitter.com/HopelessDent

Tom Petty‏@ColTighsflask
    @HopelessDent If Colossus had a Dr.'s appointment...would he be able to make it after issue 6?

Dennis Hopeless‏@HopelessDent
    @ColTighsflask Depends on the doctor.

Ugh! More coy and cryptic boosheeet for us. Meh...
    There's no way Colossus is gone by issue 6. He may be out of the loop for an issue or two but I think his capture will make for a jailbreak story.
    "A house divided against itself cannot stand"-Honest Abe

So far so good(ish) for me and CaXF. I like the fact they call him "Pete". I would prefer "Peter", but I know I am a huge Colossus homer, so I will let that slide. The power thing I am iffy about, but as long as Hopeless writes him in character, I am cool. I am a bit nervous that Hopeless and Jason Aaron are friends, and Hopeless may be leading us up to a hate-on Colossus moment, but I was one of the "Colossus will be killed in avx" folk. I was not happy how Cable has another win against Colossus, so fight-wise Colossus is 0-1 in CaXF.

Overall it has not been bad. Besides Forge and Dr. Nemesis, I don't care for the other characters, and if this comic will be my only monthly read with my favorite character, I cannot complain.

Just read #2 today on comixology. When does #3 come out?

Quote Originally Posted by Romus View Post
    Just read #2 today on comixology. When does #3 come out?
    I'm pretty sure it comes out on the 9th.

Yeah. Should get a preview this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnipitus View Post
    I was not happy how Cable has another win against Colossus, so fight-wise Colossus is 0-1 in CaXF.
    It’ll be a good year for Colossus fans. Colossus is back in full jobbing mode. Happy days are here again!

Seriously though, I don’t count that as a real fight. It was more of a “disagreement” between two badass vigilante teammates. That friction is what’s going to make for some good stories.

If Cable threw up his hands and was like "Ok, Pete, I am sorry for what happened", and Colossus stood down, then I would consider it a win. Sort of.

I don't think we are going to see a decisive Colosssus win for a while though. The preview of the cover of #6 has him in chains, and even with the glowing eyes and Kirby-crackle hand-cuffs, winners of superhero fights do not end up shackled.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnipitus View Post
    If Cable threw up his hands and was like "Ok, Pete, I am sorry for what happened", and Colossus stood down, then I would consider it a win. Sort of.

I don't think we are going to see a decisive Colosssus win for a while though. The preview of the cover of #6 has him in chains, and even with the glowing eyes and Kirby-crackle hand-cuffs, winners of superhero fights do not end up shackled.
    Cable is the star/lead of the book. He is a character who is supposed to be ultra competent, so having Colossus own him right off the bat would probably dispel any badass vibe that Cable usually has. Besides, Colossus whupping Cable would be fun for all us Colossus fans, but would it really serve much of a story purpose?

In any book like this, you can almost seed the characters by importance that will determine how much story focus they get. Cable is clearly 1. Hope is 2 (ugh). Colossus may be as high as 3, but that's yet to be seen. Given this, it's probably important for us to realize that characters 1 and 2 will be given a higher priority than the lower numbered characters, including Colossus. Which means the story is there to serve Cable and Hope before anyone else on the team. Hopefully Colossus will get some good story beats from whatever is left.

I certainly hope that's the case. He's been burned to the point where he's a solo act if it all goes wrong.

'Course we don't have to wait until issue six to find out. Surely the solicitations will let us know if he's around well before the issue is released, right?

Newsarama preview for Cable and X-Force #3:

Colossus Has Power-Problem in CABLE AND THE X-FORCE #3

Colossus' story seems to take place the page after this preview ends, judging by Hope's comment about Cable seeking help.

Quote Originally Posted by Robodojo View Post
    Newsarama preview for Cable and X-Force #3:

Colossus Has Power-Problem in CABLE AND THE X-FORCE #3

Colossus' story seems to take place the page after this preview ends, judging by Hope's comment about Cable seeking help.
    I'd hoped to see a lil Petey in the preview, but at least the intro was solid. "The one mutant that can help him stop this troubling future." Mildly excited.

Cable is the star/lead of the book. He is a character who is supposed to be ultra competent, so having Colossus own him right off the bat would probably dispel any badass vibe that Cable usually has. Besides, Colossus whupping Cable would be fun for all us Colossus fans, but would it really serve much of a story purpose?

In any book like this, you can almost seed the characters by importance that will determine how much story focus they get. Cable is clearly 1. Hope is 2 (ugh). Colossus may be as high as 3, but that's yet to be seen. Given this, it's probably important for us to realize that characters 1 and 2 will be given a higher priority than the lower numbered characters, including Colossus. Which means the story is there to serve Cable and Hope before anyone else on the team. Hopefully Colossus will get some good story beats from whatever is left.
    Yeah, you are absolutely right. I think my defensive reaction to seeing him get jobbed went overboard. It was not even like he was "jobbed", Cable just turned a switch on his suit. And I understand he is a secondary character in the series. Him being around will put seats in the house (the character is very popular despite having so many online detractors and writers who don't care for him), but I do have a feeling he will get more screen time inside the comic. Long ago I learned seeing him on the previews of covers does not count.

Well said, sir. I couldn't have worded it better.

In re to the upcoming jailhouse rock issue (6 for the visually impaired), I guess it would be cool if it took the entire team of the not so-Uncanny Avengers to defeat Colossus. Some thoughts:

Cap - can't do shit to Colossus. What am I saying? Cap will fling his shield at Petey and then trip him for a KO.

Havok - can't do shit to Colossus. I believe it's been shown before that his powers don't do anything to Petey. But I'm sure this will be retconned and he'll KO Colossus.

Rogue - interesting matchup. If the past holds true, she can't absorb Petey's power and thus KO him, but I'm sure that will be retconned as well.

Scarlet Witch - magic should have no affect on Colossus if Inferno holds true. But I'm not sure the true nature of her power(s) - i.e., mutation+magic. Either way, she zaps Petey for the KO.

Wolverine - can he or can't he slice through Colossus? That's been debated for a very long time. Demon possessed Wolvie sliced him up but good. So, I'm sure the same thing will happen with professor W. Petey will bleed.

Thor - revenge FTW. He's gonna rip Colossus a new asshole for bitch slappin' him down while PF and Cyttorak powered. Thor will two punch KO Colossus.

So, there we have it true believers. ;)
    Last edited by Suiciety; 01-06-2013 at 08:00 AM.
    Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Suiciety View Post
    Well said, sir. I couldn't have worded it better.

In re to the upcoming jailhouse rock issue (6 for the visually impaired), I guess it would be cool if it took the entire team of the not so-Uncanny Avengers to defeat Colossus. Some thoughts:

Cap - can't do shit to Colossus. What am I saying? Cap will fling his shield at Petey and then trip him for a KO.

Havok - can't do shit to Colossus. I believe it's been shown before that his powers don't do anything to Petey. But I'm sure this will be retconned and he'll KO Colossus.

Rogue - interesting matchup. If the past holds true, she can't absorb Petey's power and thus KO him, but I'm sure that will be retconned as well.

Scarlet Witch - magic should have no affect on Colossus if Inferno holds true. But I'm not sure the true nature of her power(s) - i.e., mutation+magic. Either way, she zaps Petey for the KO.

Wolverine - can he or can't he slice through Colossus? That's been debated for a very long time. Demon possessed Wolvie sliced him up but good. So, I'm sure the same thing will happen with professor W. Petey will bleed.

Thor - revenge FTW. He's gonna rip Colossus a new asshole for bitch slappin' him down while PF and Cyttorak powered. Thor will two punch KO Colossus.

So, there we have it true believers. ;)
    Every one of those would be a typical Colossus jobbing. I’m thinking with Colossus power in flux somehow that vest of his will get wrecked and he’ll get caught in his half human form. He’ll either have to surrender or he’ll get smacked. As long as he is having those power problems it’s going to be really easy to remove him from the battle. Unfortunately that’s probably the reasoning behind it.
    Still with a jailbrake, that should put Cable back in Colossus good graces. Colossus will come to realize Cable could have just left him locked up but he goes back for him. A good team building moment, no doubt.