Page 139 of 184 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 2749

Healing factor - no.

Increased strength/invulnerability/durability - seems likely.

Energy projection/eye or hand blasts - fair possibility.
    Last edited by Suiciety; 12-26-2012 at 03:07 PM.
    Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Suiciety View Post
    Healing factor - no.

Increased strength/invulnerability/durability - seems likely.

Energy projection/eye or hand blasts - fair possibility.
    Hm. Energy projection, eh? I'm not sure how I feel about that. I prefer hand to hand combat but if Thor can fling a hammer around I guess Colossus can fire off a few lasers.
    "A house divided against itself cannot stand"-Honest Abe

Quote Originally Posted by JDUP01 View Post
    Hm. Energy projection, eh? I'm not sure how I feel about that. I prefer hand to hand combat but if Thor can fling a hammer around I guess Colossus can fire off a few lasers.
    I think people are guessing that because of the cover of issue 6. He looks like he's got some type of energy thing going on.

To each their own, certainly, but I don't understand how Colossus having energy projection powers or rapid healing powers or whatever will improve him as a character. Seems like compelling characters are created by being placed in interesting situations and making interesting choices within those situations. I wouldn't mind if they eventually made him stronger and more durable, but I'd prefer to leave it at that.

Ugh. Giving him some kind of blasty powers would be SOOOOO 1994. Gross.
    cpjudd.com

"Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

I think everyone is jumping the gun here. I'm not convinced there will be a power change at all.

Quote Originally Posted by snoopdogg View Post
    I think everyone is jumping the gun here. I'm not convinced there will be a power change at all.
    You may be correct. But something is mos def not right with the P5 (not sure why Mags is affected though, but whatevz). Currently only Magik has an obvious (I guess) upgrade. The cover to issue 6 certainly suggests some other power for Colossus. And he also appears to be in control of his armored form (no clicky item on his body) in that image. So...I think it's fair to assume we're gonna see something else in addition to his normal mutant power(s). Maybe...who knows really, right? Meh...

not sure why Mags is affected though
    I thought that was a huge story cheat on BMB's part. Should only be the P5 who have their powers effed up. It makes what happened to them less special to have someone tangentially associated with them also have their powers altered.

It'll be interesting to see if Hickman has Namor's powers going out of whack, too. Seems like he may find the plot point to be a pain in the ass to shoe-horn into everything else he's trying to accomplish with his story.

honestly, use that fragment of the phoenix force to play off "full of rage" in a manner that would make hulk proud.

Peter represents the heart of the P-5. A good man that was given the power of a god and was one of the most responsible in it's use.
    It was to the point that it was only his compassion for the only family his has left that had him lose his powers.

Whatever he does, it has to be big and epic with an to take advantage of his shiny visual.
    click here for some characters to use in rumbles

“We need to apply the science of communication to the communication of science.” - Preston Manning

Quote Originally Posted by Robodojo View Post
    To each their own, certainly, but I don't understand how Colossus having energy projection powers or rapid healing powers or whatever will improve him as a character. Seems like compelling characters are created by being placed in interesting situations and making interesting choices within those situations. I wouldn't mind if they eventually made him stronger and more durable, but I'd prefer to leave it at that.
    I agree with all of this.

He was always one of my favorite X-men! In the 80s version when I first started reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Robodojo View Post
    I guess for the same reason they are giving the P5 characters problems with their powers. It gives the writers something to work with. I’ve (finally) come to the conclusion big and small changes have to occur to these VERY OLD characters to inspire writers to be creative with them. Whether it’s making Cyclops an edgy rebel mutant leader, the pussification of Wolverine, or Colossus the Avatar of Cyttorak. Certainly we expect a writer to just do what he/she gets paid for and write something good. But these people are “artists” and need to be inspired. They get tired of the same old thing. It’s no knock on what Colossus is or has been. So far Hopeless looks promising. CaXF is the only title Colossus is in now. We need this writer inspired because we have no other (Colossus) options. You wanna know how quick things could go bad? Check out what happened to the Sooka Pryde in WaXM. That’s the perfect example of what can happen when a writer has nothing to work with.

It's really not that difficult for writers. Three simple fixes for Colossus:

1. Stop the jobbing.
    2. Stop the emo-ass whining.
    3. Keep him out of relationships for a while. The occasional booty call with his ex-lover Illyana is ok though.

Thus far all we know is that Colossus:

- killed former co-workers per directive from Cable. Yay! Death good. Sooka Pryde chest tattoo bad.

- he's guilt ridden over it and full of rage. Meh...kinda same old Colossus. Love it or hate it.

- he tried to kill Cable with two attempted head shots. Fail! He needs more target practice. Next time try tea baggin' the old foo'!

- he displayed his usual le emo-fail personality in the art museum. /cries - but, but, uncle Cable, I'm not a superhero no mo'. Why didn't they like my whales with lobster legs movement? Is it my fault Peter Parker is dead? Will Alan Wilder ever come back to Depeche Mode?

So, except for the occasional misstep, Hopeless is doing ok by Colossus. For now! Grrr...!

Hopeless, Twitter: https://twitter.com/HopelessDent

Tom Petty‏@ColTighsflask
    @HopelessDent If Colossus had a Dr.'s appointment...would he be able to make it after issue 6?

Dennis Hopeless‏@HopelessDent
    @ColTighsflask Depends on the doctor.

Ugh! More coy and cryptic boosheeet for us. Meh...

Will Alan Wilder ever come back to Depeche Mode?
    YES! Alan Wilder MUST return to Depeche Mode! If not for touring, at least for studio work.