Page 135 of 184 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 2749

Quote Originally Posted by snoopdogg View Post
    How did Cyclops get a boost?

Also, what do you guys think of Colossus getting magnetism powers? Not on the level of Magneto though.

It has do with being a vessel of The Phoenix. He tried his optic blast in a preview and it knocked him on his rear end.

Me finks Petey may get the following boost/upgrade(s):

A. Increase in strength, durability and invulnerability.
    B. Cyttorak-like armored spikes that offer him more durability, invulnerability and he can also shoot his spikes like projectiles.
    C. TK powers.
    D. Ability to increase his mass and size which offers him option A (above).
    E. Loss of his stupid Russian accent and using "da" all the time. Goodbye comrade.
    F. Ability to channel his inner Aaron and grow lobster legs/arms.
    G. Has an uncontrollable urge/desire to draw Rom and decides to pitch his shit to Joe Q. Marvel Then is Now!
    H. Joins a comic book fanboy site and uses the handle Iceman to rag on Colossus. Yeah, that's not really a new power, but it is a boost for his manhood. Meh...
    J. None of the above.
    Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do - Voltaire

Let's make it an educational thread.

Communism.

Scary word. Like a boogie man.
    Nobody is afraid of Capitalism, because everyone understand this word.
    Communism = Totalitarism = Capitalism
    Difference?

Capitalism = freedom of opinion, words = they can sue you for defamation
    Totalitarism = Communism = freedom of positive opinion = hatred for defeatism
    Capitalism = you're free to create, copyright, you have to worry for your work yourself
    Communism = you're free to create (unless it's anti-communism). Goverment gives & takes care of your work (better than copyrights)

Capitalism = bronx, racism, mob wars
    Communism = everyone is united against communism (unofficial) / everyone is equal (official) goverment is the biggest mob, no time and resources for creating mafia

Happiness
    Capitalism = you own things you buy. You create your own happiness. Most of times you get killed before you're happy.
    Communism = everything is yours (and your comrades). goverment takes care of you. They give you food, clothes, educate you, and help you achieving your hapiness.
    You won't drink coca-cola, you won't eat KFC, McDonalds, or Pizza Hut, but you still can be happy. It's more about what you define as "being happy". You create your own happiness from what you have avalaible.

I'm sorry, but I love to get political wherever I see words like "Commie", Capitalist, etc.

Police (capitalism) = Militia (communism) - no difference here. Militia is less violent and more competent than Police (but it's my opinion, it tends to vary. They'll both beat the crap out of you, but whatever)

Capitalism = you buy as much as you want, and as much as you have money. It's a different thing that what you buy is crap, but whatever
    Communism = you have bread, butter for free, but you have to wait in "traffic" to get your stuff. You have to wake up 5 AM, go to the nearest "shop" and wait. 3 hours for your turn.
    Last edited by chakal; 12-01-2012 at 05:42 PM.
    Say No to decompressed storytelling!

Bellechere for the win!!!

European Union: XXI Century New USSR
    I am anti-EU

The process by which Colossus gains additional mass from an unknown, perhaps extra-dimensional, force remains unknown
    THAT is what needs to be explored more than anything

to points a and d and maybe c in Suiciety's above post
    Last edited by steve2275; 12-02-2012 at 01:32 AM.
    COLOSSUS katya nightcrawler storm magik
    http://overpower.ca/tools/battlesites.php
    http://overpower.ca/downloads/
    "down with the machine" bray wyatt

Quote Originally Posted by chakal View Post
    Let's make it an educational thread.

Communism.

Scary word. Like a boogie man.
    Nobody is afraid of Capitalism, because everyone understand this word.
    Communism = Totalitarism = Capitalism
    Difference?

Capitalism = freedom of opinion, words = they can sue you for defamation
    Totalitarism = Communism = freedom of positive opinion = hatred for defeatism
    Capitalism = you're free to create, copyright, you have to worry for your work yourself
    Communism = you're free to create (unless it's anti-communism). Goverment gives & takes care of your work (better than copyrights)

Capitalism = bronx, racism, mob wars
    Communism = everyone is united against communism (unofficial) / everyone is equal (official) goverment is the biggest mob, no time and resources for creating mafia

Happiness
    Capitalism = you own things you buy. You create your own happiness. Most of times you get killed before you're happy.
    Communism = everything is yours (and your comrades). goverment takes care of you. They give you food, clothes, educate you, and help you achieving your hapiness.
    You won't drink coca-cola, you won't eat KFC, McDonalds, or Pizza Hut, but you still can be happy. It's more about what you define as "being happy". You create your own happiness from what you have avalaible.

I'm sorry, but I love to get political wherever I see words like "Commie", Capitalist, etc.

Police (capitalism) = Militia (communism) - no difference here. Militia is less violent and more competent than Police (but it's my opinion, it tends to vary. They'll both beat the crap out of you, but whatever)

Capitalism = you buy as much as you want, and as much as you have money. It's a different thing that what you buy is crap, but whatever
    Communism = you have bread, butter for free, but you have to wait in "traffic" to get your stuff. You have to wake up 5 AM, go to the nearest "shop" and wait. 3 hours for your turn.
    Let's not, but I'll dance with you since I'm Russian (technically Ukrainian since I was born in western Ukraine) and was born in the former Soviet Union.

Commie: hate, hate, hate that word. American kids called me that in school, but kids are generally cruel, so that's par for the course I suppose.

Let's not confuse Stalinism/totalitarism with communism. That's what the former Soviet Union had. Perhaps if Lenin had lived longer and especially if Trotsky was able to oust Stalin, things may have been different for the the Soviet Union (and the world).

Communisim at its core is more of a utopian vision, but it can never work. Yeah, the whole power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely thang. Capitalism is basically dog eat dog at its core. But I dig it, cuz I make a lot of money and have a shit load of disposable cash to use on comics, synthesizers, gaming and hookers. God bless America!

My parents (and family) never had to wait in line for food, toilet paper or anything else while living in the former Soviet Union. But that could have been because we lived in western Ukraine and things were a little different there at the time. My mom was a nurse and my dad a barber. We had a very large apartment and from what I recall (I left at an early age), we didn't struggle or have any wants.

The only cruelty I experienced was at the hands of Americans when I was a child, but cruelty still existed in the former Soviet Union and its aftermath. I'm not Jewish, but my parents told me a lot of stories of anti-semitism in western Ukraine (during and after the fall of the Soviet Union). The one story that stuck in my mind was when my mom visited the Ukraine (late 90's) and scared off a bunch of Ukrainian women who were being belligerent towards a lone Jewish female. She yelled at them and basically shamed them for acting in such an inhumane way. The "mob" dispersed soon after my mom confronted them. I'm so proud of my mom.

Bah! I've said too much. Back to Colossus! :)

The odd thing is that soon enough, with Marvel's sliding timescale Colossus will never have been a "commie".

Depending on how old you peg him to be (24, 25?), he would have only been a few years old when the Soviet Union dissolved. Within a few years he will not even have been born during the era of the Soviets.

Nice fountain of youth fictional characters enjoy.

Some people say that if Trotsky ruled instead of Stalin, things would change for better, but there still would be oppression.
    In other words, Trotsky was less cruel, but he still was one s.o.b. too. Me, I don't trust politicians / idealists / revolutionaries, never had, never will. Lenin was more humane, but who knows what would happen if he lived longer? All communists were tough and very serious guys not to mess with.

If we want to be precise, no country in the world can be 100% communist or capitalist. labor unions, equal rights for education, healthcare, minimum wage were all ideas of communism. If someone wonders why communism ever happened, the answer is easy: because of capitalism and its unfairness, like i.e. pregnant women, teens working 10 hours a day in bad conditions, and many times the work was dangerous for them, for a lousy pay. People got angry and wanted things to change. I'm curious if another revolution happen someday.

Claremont did fantastic job with Colossus, and pretty fair characterization instead of stereotypes. Colossus is probably the first major positive Russian hero in Marvel.
    Anyone remembers Proletarian (Colossus alter-ego)?
    Last edited by chakal; 12-02-2012 at 04:29 PM.
    Say No to decompressed storytelling!

Bellechere for the win!!!

European Union: XXI Century New USSR
    I am anti-EU

Last edited by steve2275; 12-08-2012 at 02:05 AM.
    COLOSSUS katya nightcrawler storm magik
    http://overpower.ca/tools/battlesites.php
    http://overpower.ca/downloads/
    "down with the machine" bray wyatt

He looks extra huge.

Actually, he looks exactly the way he should always be drawn. Finally an artist who gives a shit.
    "A house divided against itself cannot stand"-Honest Abe

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2...eries/1762041/

'The new series picks up with the powerhouse Colossus in a dark place, after having been possessed as part of the Phoenix Five in Avengers vs. X-Men and going evil while trying to save the world. While redemption is on his mind, joining Cable's X-Force may not be the best path toward that end, Hopeless says. "That idea is a big part of the book." '

Seems that ol Petey is going to be a player in the book. Yay for not being background fodder.

Thanks for the link, Rick. The last paragraph left me wanting - mainly because Hopeless didn't mention Petey. Fingers crossed that Hopeless will do right by Colossus

Newsarama has a spoiler free review up: http://www.newsarama.com/comics/best...ws-121211.html and it's brutal. Ouch!

It seemed really nitpicky. Who doesn't know who Cable and Hope are at this point? I mean...Hope is totally reviled on every message board. You can't get past a page without seeing a reference about her. He somehow hates the art, but everyone who saw the previews pretty much dug it.

I'll judge the book myself as everything the guy said I disagreed with entirely. Art looks fine and I know everyone. Boo on this reviewer.

Tha fudge?! Colossus is off the team as of issue 6?! He ends up in jail in the solicits!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=42630

Also...is that a Juggy glow coming from his eyes?
    Last edited by Rickbarry; 12-12-2012 at 09:29 AM.

So any cool Colossus stuff from X-Force?