Page 129 of 184 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139179 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 2749

Quote Originally Posted by Rickbarry View Post
    I think that's true, but if you've seen those characters lately have performed feats way out of the norm that their power sets should allow. Didn't Batman beat Darkseid through physical combat and Parker took a punch from a 100 tonner under the influence of Cyttorak and the Phoenix Force and somehow managed to get up.
    I don't think either of these feats is an example of why people love these characters, though. I also don't think they are indications of actual power upgrades, more just brain farts by the writers responsible.

Brain farts indeed, grandpa.

Check it homeys! I just picked up my pull list and AvX:C 4 was awesome (in re to Colossus)! Finally!! Thank you KG! Petey came across as intelligent, slightly sarcastic, somewhat condescending and full of disdain. I loved this part:

Storm: Whave have you been DOING here?

Colossus: Thinking. I am thinking of embracing pacifism. I am also thinking of the opposite. I am thinking and thinking deeply. It is perhaps an endeavor I should have embraced earlier. The heart is a sentimental organ. I trust it no longer. <SMASH>

So, I think it's pretty clear that Petey embraces destruction since he's joining Cable's team (cuz Cable sure as shit ain't 'bout pacifism). I so hope this opens the door to Petey and Cyttorak again. It would make some logical sense. The former avatar of destruction now openly covets destruction. Hopeless, please make this happen, sir!

Now we know Petey has told Mags and Storm to feck off. I wonder how Cable is gonna sell it to him...? Oh, in A+X 1, there appears to be some foreshadowing with Cable and Colossus. It may be a stretch on my part, but if it was a coincidence, then it was a mighty fine one. And who else loved seeing that sooka Magik cowering behind a feckin' rock...!? Ha!
    Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do - Voltaire

I agree that the "quiet" moments that show Colossus being thoughtful and having his own agenda go a long way to making the character more interesting.

However, I do think we need to see him take down a big name brick. Or even just a full fight scene, where he gets the upper hand. Both of the one panel "fights" with Venom (who I would hardly call a heavy hitter) was not enough. Having Colossus, at his normal power set, take down a few bad guys who are considered tough would go a long way as establishing him as a formidible opponent.

And it sucks when they use him in ads, like before "Fear Itself", where he, Thing, and Hulk are trying to grab one of the hammers. It's like they make him look like one of the heavy weights, but then a few months later he gets knocked around by Mr. Sinister's Victorian-era Celestial cannons.

Quote Originally Posted by Suiciety View Post
    Brain farts indeed, grandpa.

I so hope this opens the door to Petey and Cyttorak again.
    The only thing in this thread that's older than me is your desperate hope that Colossus will still be involved with Cyttorak in the near future. That story effectively ended in Uncanny X-men 20. Over and done with. Hopeless is gonna want to do his own thing with Pete, you'll see.

Oh, in A+X 1, there appears to be some foreshadowing with Cable and Colossus. It may be a stretch on my part, but if it was a coincidence, then it was a mighty fine one.
    Yeah, I definitely think it was a subtle nod towards Cable and X-Force.

What nod are we talking about? I didn't pick up A+X.

Quote Originally Posted by Robodojo View Post
    The only thing in this thread that's older than me is your desperate hope that Colossus will still be involved with Cyttorak in the near future. That story effectively ended in Uncanny X-men 20. Over and done with. Hopeless is gonna want to do his own thing with Pete, you'll see.
    Pffft...! Like the way you were right about Colossus being killed off, gramps? Watch...Petey is gonna go bad-ass, destroy everything and star in a mini with Honey Boo Boo.

Song time ya poofs! In keeping with Petey's "heart" theme....

Do you ever wonder how
    you'll ever get there when you never turn back around?
    If you could see, see me now
    would you call out? Would you call on out?
    Between four walls, can you hear the sound?
    If I ever was lost then I never was lost til now
    Can you see me from this height? Up in the clouds
    But I fall, I fall down

Though my heart bleeds
    Though my heart bleeds for you
    Though my heart bleeds
    I will live for love

Do you ever wonder how
    you've ever felt lost, if you've never been found?
    And if you could see, see me now
    would you feel just a little bit proud?
    Cos I keep on at this wall of sweat and tears
    I fall, but I won't stay down
    I see you every night, I see you here
    No I never was lost, I'm waiting to be found.

Pffft...! Like the way you were right about Colossus being killed off, gramps?
    Fair enough, but I'll be right this time, I know it. And then you can suck it (figuratively, of course. Don't want to give you any ideas).

What nod are we talking about? I didn't pick up A+X.
    There's a scene taking place in WWII where a young Trask is trying to insert a bunch of mutant "punch cards" into a Nazi Sentinel. In the guy's right hand we see him holding several of these cards, with Cable and Colossus being the only identifiable cards in that hand.

I suck well, djedushka and you're incorrect (as per usual) about the Trask scene. Other X-jerks can be seen as well. Cable's card was on top and you can see half of Colossus' face two cards below I think.

Colossus+Cyttorak will happen again! That peezda Illyana will get hers sooner or later! My cats are going on a diet - the feckers are eating me out of house and home!

you're incorrect (as per usual) about the Trask scene. Other X-jerks can be seen as well. Cable's card was on top and you can see half of Colossus' face two cards below I think.
    And your reading comprehension could use work, my friend. I was referring to his right hand only, which I specified. This is really important stuff, I know.

And your reading comprehension could use work, my friend. I was referring to his right hand only, which I specified. This is really important stuff, I know.
    You're correct. I apologize.

There's a scene taking place in WWII where a young Trask is trying to insert a bunch of mutant "punch cards" into a Nazi Sentinel. In the guy's right hand we see him holding several of these cards, with Cable and Colossus being the only identifiable cards in that hand.
    Thank ya. I'm mildly annoyed that Colossus isn't likely showing up in any comic for a couple months. Thunderbolts is coming out here soonish so I imagine I can entertain myself with the gun team before Cable's comic begins.

Thank ya. I'm mildly annoyed that Colossus isn't likely showing up in any comic for a couple months. Thunderbolts is coming out here soonish so I imagine I can entertain myself with the gun team before Cable's comic begins.

I think someone mentioned Colossus does not show up until issue #3? I could be wrong, but I could have sworn I read it on the boards, and too busy go back and check.

CABLE AND THE X-FORCE #3
    DENNIS HOPELESS (W) SALVADOR LARROCA (A/C)
    Artist Variant COVER by GABRIEL DEL'OTTO
    Where has Colossus been to post-AVX and what is wrong with his powers?
    Why are Cable and his team attacking a civilian company?
    These mysteries and more are revealed!

Note the bolded text. Natural conclusion is that this will be the first time Colossus is seen in the series.

Note the bolded text. Natural conclusion is that this will be the first time Colossus is seen in the series.
    That is what I was thinking of. I will still pick up the first two issues, and who knows, it might be a fun read. But I admit, I probably would have skipped it if not for the big C's inclusion. Still a little concerned about the power thing, but it might turn out to be a cool story.

Perhaps I'm being too optimistic here, but I don't think Petey's first appearance in CatXF will be in issue #3. We already know where he's been and what he's been doing circa AvX:C #4. So, it just doesn't make logical sense to hold back on him until issue #3. And if you guys are correct, then something must have happened to him pre-CatXF. And what could that be? If anything did happen, then it won't be documented/seen in any issue prior to CatXF #3 (assumption). So, again...just doesn't add up for me. But I've been wrong before so what the feck do I know.