Default Why did Johns leave Teen Titans?

I always thought it was just a workload issue, but in the Blackest Night #8 spoilers, some are suggesting that it had to do with having Kid Flash taken from the book (to become Flash, which he was opposed to) and taking Tony Daniel from the book to do the final arc of the Flash book.

Is there more to the story that anyone knows about. Teen Titans was damn good under Johns' pen.

From what I hear, it's because of the death of Superboy, the removal of Bart Allen, and Tony leaving.

As bad as his last arc was and as much hype as DC put around it you would think he set the title up to fail.
    I like what he did with Kid Devil and Ravager but I felt like he hated the book when flash had to leave.
    Currrently Reading- Suicide Squad,Justice League,Batwoman,Batman,Batman and Robin,Detective Comics, Wonder Woman,Batman Eternal,Mighty Avengers,All new X-factor,Justice League 3000 and Harley Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    As bad as his last arc was and as much hype as DC put around it you would think he set the title up to fail.
    I like what he did with Kid Devil and Ravager but I felt like he hated the book when flash had to leave.
    Can't really blame him considering nothing worthwhile came from killing Bart. The Same can be said for killing off Connor, unless you think Cassie turning into an unlikeable character because of her moping and self doubt was worthwhile.

If only he would come back. Then the title could be actually good again.

DC has ruined the book for him.
    They have either killed off or destroyed the characterization of a lot of the characters he likes.
    Currrently Reading- Suicide Squad,Justice League,Batwoman,Batman,Batman and Robin,Detective Comics, Wonder Woman,Batman Eternal,Mighty Avengers,All new X-factor,Justice League 3000 and Harley Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    DC has ruined the book for him.
    DC has ruined the book PERIOD. I think editorial mucks around with that book more than any other which is why the quality has remained so poor and it seems as if the same story is being told over and over and over again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by scott lantern View Post
    I always thought it was just a workload issue, but in the Blackest Night #8 spoilers, some are suggesting that it had to do with having Kid Flash taken from the book (to become Flash, which he was opposed to) and taking Tony Daniel from the book to do the final arc of the Flash book.

Is there more to the story that anyone knows about. Teen Titans was damn good under Johns' pen.
    He was being screwed around by DC editorial just like his sucessors on the book. As for his departure, it was probably having Daniel taken off the book in the middle of the story and replaced with a 2nd rater.

Editorial pretty much ruins everything going on in the book because Didio is apparently such a big fan of the titans.
    Either way I officially dropped the book when ravager left the team for the 4th time in 3 years. They lost me for good when they killed Kid Devil.

It really did seem like DC mucking him over with Infinite Crisis decisions; killing off Connor and aging Bart.

Personally, I have a feeling the title will be slugging along to issue 100, which will be next year. I'm willing to bet there will be a relaunch with Johns being the writer once more.