Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default REDESIGN The DC Universe!! WHoooohooo!

Hey guys, a few of us were posting redesigns in the Superman section and a few non-superman designs started slipping in. So here's a new place to post redesigns for all the DC characters. I'll start.

Superman:

A1, A2, A3, A4

B1, B2, B3, B4

C1, C2, C3, C4
    [/QUOTE]

I think i've settled on B4 and C1 as my favorites.

The idea for the above came from desire to remove the trunks but keep the primary design the same. So the issue came up, how do we break up the light blue color. After looking at the fantastic four costumes from the films i was impressed with how they made use of a variety of shades of blue and yet the designs don't feel overwhelmed by the color. I also looked at wet suits and was impressed with how they use multiple colors in non-traditional ways and found inspiration in that method.

So you have the top primarily a light blue color, very traditional supes, but along the obliquies and down into the legs you have darker shade of blue. Also a portion of the light blue dives below the belt as i felt it better integrated the top and bottom pieces together.

In keeping the belt the only justification i could think of is that the suit is actually two pieces, pants for the bottom and a shirt for the top rather than one piece like the FF4.

Overall i tried to keep it as close to the original as possible while changing up the lower half (primarily) to remove the shorts. the variations add pipings or various colors and dark arms. I'm not sure which would work best but i feel that a version of this costume could work well for a redesign. Whenever i settle on the design i'd like to try a detailed fully illustrated version. Anyway i wanted to explain my design a little bit. Thanks.

Next up Supergirl

Supergirl (i've got a few of her):

complete color change:

2 older designs i did before the above ones in which i like the sleeves better:

Now Captain Marvel:

now with dark pants:

[/QUOTE]

Credit to Alex Ross, but this design is just so awesome. Maybe a few tweaks in the insignia to make it look more like his current (Well, kinda current) costume, and it's golden.

Here's a more finished version of one of my early Superman designs at the top of the thread:

Know who REALLY needs a costume overhaul? Ultra Boy.
    Power - Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. But it rocks absolutely, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Zembo View Post
    Know who REALLY needs a costume overhaul? Ultra Boy.
    Nooo! Everyone is invited to Ultra Boy's gun show.

I have to say, I do prefer it when costumes look like clothes rather than paint.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRobin182 View Post
    Credit to Alex Ross, but this design is just so awesome. Maybe a few tweaks in the insignia to make it look more like his current (Well, kinda current) costume, and it's golden.

Nah. I saw it with a hood, and it made him look WAY too much like Moon Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Free-Man View Post
    Nah. I saw it with a hood, and it made him look WAY too much like Moon Knight.
    I'd probably scrap the hood then. And alter the insignia a bit.

New Supergirl Redesign:

BANNED

I like that look way more practical the the skirt or a bikini both of which DC is trying to eliminate.

Quote Originally Posted by Daybreak_st View Post
    Next up Supergirl

Supergirl (i've got a few of her):

This is really good. I like this much more than the costume she currently wears.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

I gotta say....like the Captain Marvel one a lot.
    We'd like to wish EZMOHR all the best in his future....ah forget it.

Quote Originally Posted by El Sombrero View Post
    This is really good. I like this much more than the costume she currently wears.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by EZMOHR View Post
    I gotta say....like the Captain Marvel one a lot.
    Thanks, hopefully i'll be posting a mock cover like the Supergirl one of Captain Marvel soon!

New Superman redesigns: