Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Sanchez and David Head to the "Amory Wars"

We spoke with Coheed & Cambria frontman Claudio Sanchez and his new writing partner, scribe Peter David, about "In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth," a new 12-issue "Amory Wars" series from BOOM! Studios.

Full article here.

LA now, NYC born & raised Ziza9's Avatar

I'm a sucker for rock operas and things like Queensryche's Operation Mindcrime. This is what drew me to Coheed's music. That ongoing saga nature of each album. Hadn't picked up any of the other Amory Wars stuff, mostly due to budget. But with Blackest Night ending, I'm all over this when it comes out (new album and comic). I'll have to grab the older stuff as well.

I'm excited that they're finally making their way into what is still my favorite Coheed and Cambria album. I've enjoyed the musical aspects of the story immensely, and the Second Stage Turbine Blade portion of the Amory Wars was enjoyable. But I'm really looking forward to getting into the meatier parts of the story. And I hope they continue Amory Wars and write the old Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV graphic novel out of existence.

I also hope that the Year of the Black Rainbow novel ties in nicely to the Amory Wars comic series.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziza9 View Post
    I'm a sucker for rock operas and things like Queensryche's Operation Mindcrime. This is what drew me to Coheed's music. That ongoing saga nature of each album. Hadn't picked up any of the other Amory Wars stuff, mostly due to budget. But with Blackest Night ending, I'm all over this when it comes out (new album and comic). I'll have to grab the older stuff as well.
    If you still haven't picked up the Amory Wars IKSSE3, MTV Geek has a free hi-res preview up that you can look at and get yo geek on. Check it out. http://www.mtv.com/geek/comics/issues/?id=102