Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: DC Comics Solicitations for June, 2010

DC Comics has released solicitation information and images for new comics and products shipping in June 2010, including "Green Arrow" #1, milestone issues of "Superman," "Batman" and "Wonder Woman" and more.

Full article here.

That Superman #700 cover is fugly. Why does Superman have no lips?
    This post was typed on recycled paper.

Static's once again missing from the TT cover. Getting real nervous.

I'm not sold on Batman, Superman,and Wonder Woman's milestone issues. It seems like a lot of these milestone issues turn out to be mini-parties for the company but lack good content.

At least Magog's still kicking (although I've a feeling this will be that book's final arc as well), but too bad about The Shield. Not surprising considering the sales figures, but still disappointing; it's one of my favorite titles from DC right now. On the plus side, I'm sure we can count on a slew of new books immune to cancellation thanks to the words, "Super," "Bat," and "Justice" being in the title, regardless of how bad they actually are.

I just hope Trautmann gets something else to fill the void left in his schedule. He was knocking it out of the park on The Shield.

- Manning
    "The conjuction of ruling and dreaming generates tyranny." - Michael Oakeshott

Boosh and/or Ka-kow! Frisky Dingo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by []D[]/\/\[]D @ Nite/So-tite View Post
    You should be more nervous that Felicia Henderson is somehow still on the book. There goes another month that the book will continue to stay off my pull list. Thanks for saving me the money DC but change the writer on "TT" and I'll come back.

Meh..... Average Month.

Ha, that R.E.B.E.L.S. cover is so cool, as is the Zatanna one. Completely gutted about the Shield, but the writing was on the wall I suppose. Hope the character finds a new home on a team or something somewhere and I too hope Trautmann gets another project from DC soon. I know I'll probably follow him anywhere.

WW 600 looks kinda disappointing, Supes might be okay, surprised Morrison's doing Batman.

Wanna get that Superman/Batman annual, Legion also seems pretty exciting.

Geoff John's latest efforts haven't been wowing me but Flash looks kinda cool.

Brightest Day looks incredibly...meh. Secret Six and Birds, very cool

I adore that Supergirl cover.

And I have High hopes for Booster Gold
    "Teal is just very quotable"
    - thwhtGuardian

JUSTICE LEAGUE: THE RISE OF ARSENAL #4
    On sale JUNE 23
    4 of 4
    40 pg, FC, $3.99 US
    Written by J.T. KRUL
    Art by GERALDO BORGES & MARLO ALQUIZA
    Cover by GREG HORN
    This issue changes the Arrow family forever! As Electrocutioner awaits his trial for his part in the destruction of Star City, Roy Harper needs to settle the score for the sake of his dead daughter. Only one person stands in his way: his mentor Green Arrow! Major ramifications for the rest of the DCU start here!
    Looks like Mia isn't going to get her wish.

Also, I think Marvel might be more often guilty of this--though I read more Marvel books, so I could be wrong--but solicitation copy writers should really leave that whole "this will change everything forever!" hyperbole on the shelf for a while. I can't imagine anyone actually believes it.

Well, I was really excited about these solicits until I came in here . . .

What a great month, and I think those milestone issues are perfect. A little deserved fanfare, but also includes a snippet of JMS story and what direction he's taking those titles (Supes & WW).

June 2nd:
    DEMO VOL. 2 #5
    SWEET TOOTH #10

June 9th:
    BATMAN #700

June 16th:
    BIRDS OF PREY #2

June 23rd:
    SUPERMAN #700
    THE BRAVE AND BOLD #35

June 30th:
    WONDER WOMAN #600

Trade-Waiting:
    BATMAN AND ROBIN #13
    AIR #22
    JOE THE BARBARIAN #6
    HOUSE OF MYSTERY #26
    SCALPED #39
    THE UNWRITTEN #14

Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman books look and sound amazing for June. It's going be an expensive month.

Look at those creative teams.

Wow.

Johns writing some wonder woman, JMS on WW and Supes, Morrison back on the main Batman Title.
    "You can't trust them as poets either. The true poet is anonymous, as to his habits, but these boys have to look, act, and apparently smell like poets"
    Flannery O'Connor on the beats.

Quote Originally Posted by []D[]/\/\[]D @ Nite/So-tite View Post
    Wonder girl and kid Flash aren't on there either... Sorry to see the Web is cancelled- I was just starting to get into that book. Hope this isn't the last we see of the hangman.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisky Dingo View Post
    You should be more nervous that Felicia Henderson is somehow still on the book. There goes another month that the book will continue to stay off my pull list. Thanks for saving me the money DC but change the writer on "TT" and I'll come back.
    I guess DC's hoping she'll improve? I dunno.

This off-world storyline does look interesting, though.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Wonder girl and kid Flash aren't on there either...
    The thing is, out of the two recent covers, Virgil is the only member of the team to not appear in any of them, especially ever since the solicit where his arc is supposed to end.

Small month, even with the milestone issues (which I'll hold off on).
    Sorry to see some runs go, but let's be honest with the Red Circle characters, they were poorly introduced to a new market. I'm happy they got some stories out but wasn't well thought out, like First Wave which has been given a mini to the audience.

7 books this month

Not even that interesting of a selection of trades by DC. C'mon...what's going on DC?
    "If you live among wolves you have to act like a wolf."