Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Street Fighter VS Mortal Kombat

Street Fighter VS Mortal Kombat on Monday (for those of who old enough to remember this)

Street Fighter VS Mortal Kombat on Tuesday.

Every character at his or her max ability.

What precisely is Mortal Monday? I tried googling it, but didn't get much beside an advertisement campaign. Was it the day Mortal Kombat hit the arcades, with everyone wanting to play it?

I'm a bit surprised I do not remember that ad, but now that I think about it, even though I was probably already watching German RTL, I was 5 at the time, so memories from those days may well have faded. (Don't pay attention to that vid's description. That's not Dutch. It's German. I know, because I'm Dutch.)

All Street Fighter characters vs all Mortal Kombat characters? Hmmm. That's a toughie. I think the Mortal Kombat characters are in the majority. Over 60 fighters as of Armageddon. I don't know that Street Fighter tops that even if you include the EX games. (Which you must, because Doctrine Dark and Pullum Purna are all sorts of awesome).

Then again, glancing at the SF characters, I would say that most of them have more impressive (super) special moves. And they have Gouki. But MK has a couple of sorcerors. Also, I'm going to assume that every MK fighter gets their latest weapon as standard equipment.

I am leaning toward MK... Though I've enjoyed both games lots, and consider Street Fighter the best in terms of gameplay, I think MK has so many more ruthless characters that will tip the scales in their favour.

Just imagine Bison, Sagat, Vega, and Balrog vs. Shao Kahn, Motaro, Kintaro, and Goro. That would be messy.

Default hm

Going by in-game showings, Street Fighter seems a lot more special moves heavy and can probably win it on that.

Otherwise, Mortal Kombat has demi-gods, fantasy style monster men, cyborgs, androids, and other such supertypes that are probably a bit beyond what the SF guys can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Avenger View Post
    Going by in-game showings, Street Fighter seems a lot more special moves heavy and can probably win it on that.

Otherwise, Mortal Kombat has demi-gods, fantasy style monster men, cyborgs, androids, and other such supertypes that are probably a bit beyond what the SF guys can do.
    ^ You forgot the One Being.
    Current Mood: Still Bored/Awkward
    Currently Playing: None (except for maybe my NES/SNES emulator occasionally)
    Madworld Respect Thread

Street Fighter Alpha 3 is the greatest fighting game ever. Street Fighter wins.
    Everything burns...

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Lentze View Post
    What precisely is Mortal Monday? I tried googling it, but didn't get much beside an advertisement campaign. Was it the day Mortal Kombat hit the arcades, with everyone wanting to play it?

I'm a bit surprised I do not remember that ad, but now that I think about it, even though I was probably already watching German RTL, I was 5 at the time, so memories from those days may well have faded. (Don't pay attention to that vid's description. That's not Dutch. It's German. I know, because I'm Dutch.)

All Street Fighter characters vs all Mortal Kombat characters? Hmmm. That's a toughie. I think the Mortal Kombat characters are in the majority. Over 60 fighters as of Armageddon. I don't know that Street Fighter tops that even if you include the EX games. (Which you must, because Doctrine Dark and Pullum Purna are all sorts of awesome).

Then again, glancing at the SF characters, I would say that most of them have more impressive (super) special moves. And they have Gouki. But MK has a couple of sorcerors. Also, I'm going to assume that every MK fighter gets their latest weapon as standard equipment.

I am leaning toward MK... Though I've enjoyed both games lots, and consider Street Fighter the best in terms of gameplay, I think MK has so many more ruthless characters that will tip the scales in their favour.

Just imagine Bison, Sagat, Vega, and Balrog vs. Shao Kahn, Motaro, Kintaro, and Goro. That would be messy.
    Mortal Monday was when MK was released on the SNES and Genesis. It was an epic day of epic proportions... provided you had the Genesis and knew the blood code (ABACABB)

it was back in 1992, so it was about 18 years ago.

How powerful are the MK demigods and sorcerers, btw?

And, how many characters are there if you actually take out the different palette ninjas?

Quote Originally Posted by The Zapper View Post
    Street Fighter Alpha 3 is the greatest fighting game ever. Street Fighter wins.

Isn't the One Being like a borderline multiversal-level being that created the MKverse?
    Madworld Respect Thread

Quote Originally Posted by IssunBoshi View Post
    Isn't the One Being like a borderline multiversal-level being that created the MKverse?
    Who or what is a "One Being"? And since when the hell did MK operate on a multiversal level? Explain. With feats. You know the routine.

Regardless, even he loses to M. Bison on Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    Who or what is a "One Being"? And since when the hell did MK operate on a multiversal level? Explain. With feats. You know the routine.

Regardless, even he loses to M. Bison on Tuesday.
    http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/One_Being

Well technically what i meant by multiversal is that from the beginning of time the Elder Gods tore this guy's consciousness apart into six different realms and by realms, some might interpret them as "universes", so...
    Madworld Respect Thread

Who or what is a "One Being"?
    The being whose consciousness makes up the MKverse and it's various dimensions.

Quote Originally Posted by IssunBoshi View Post
    http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/One_Being

Well technically what i meant by multiversal is that from the beginning of time the Elder Gods tore this guy's consciousness apart into six different realms and by realms, some might interpret them as "universes", so...
    I wouldn't consider MK as multiversal. In order for it to be a multiverse, there should be different realities or timelines which make up each universe. The outer realm, the human realm and so on are more like different dimensions as opposed to an entire universe.

And that wiki fails, in that an "omnipotent" being lost.

The MK crew will be all like "Dude, we've got a god. Okay, sure you've got some impressive stunts but come on."

And Ryu will be a like "Yeah. That's why I brought a friend."

And the last thing the MK crew will hear is "BEHOLD! OPTIC BLAST!"
    "Until all are one."

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Actually, from the looks of it, the One Being didn't create anything.

According to ancient legend, in the beginning of time, there only existed the One Being and the Elder Gods. The One Being fed off of the essences of the Elder Gods, but eventually, the Elder Gods defeated the One Being, and, in efforts to weaken the One Being's omnipotence, the Elder Gods separated the One Being's consciousness into the realms and created six Kamidogu, which held the essence of the One Being.
    So, it was actually the Elder Gods who created the Realms out of the One Being's essence. Granted, he may still be more powerful on account of it took a group effort of the Elder Gods to do it, of course.

Not that the One Being matters, as I think the Elder Gods themselves seal the deal. Not that I'm an expert on Street Fighter, but I don't recall any of them being on the scale of the bigger MK characters.

Of course, let's make this an actual interesting match up, and toss out the Elder Gods and One Being. Maybe Akuma could go rounds with Raiden, but otherwise, I see the rest of the SF cast at least falling to Raiden, Fujin, and some of the other higher ups. Ryu and Bison might last a while longer, though. This is all assuming game feats, and none of the HK manga "blow up mountains" wank.
    Last edited by Sharkerbob; 03-21-2010 at 11:42 PM.
    It's a lie! My pants were off the entire time!

I've got a new site for RPGs: Total Pantaloonacy

Quote Originally Posted by sharkerbob View Post
    Actually, from the looks of it, the One Being didn't create anything.

So, it was actually the Elder Gods who created the Realms out of the One Being's essence. Granted, he may still be more powerful on account of it took a group effort of the Elder Gods to do it, of course.

Not that the One Being matters, as I think the Elder Gods themselves seal the deal. Not that I'm an expert on Street Fighter, but I don't recall any of them being on the scale of the bigger MK characters.

Of course, let's make this an actual interesting match up, and toss out the Elder Gods and One Being. Maybe Akuma could go rounds with Raiden, but otherwise, I see the rest of the SF cast at least falling to Raiden, Fujin, and some of the other higher ups. Ryu and Bison might last a while longer, though. This is all assuming game feats, and none of the HK manga "blow up mountains" wank.
    Even the elder gods, raiden and so on fall to M. Bison on Tuesday. It is inevitable.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Even the elder gods, raiden and so on fall to M. Bison on Tuesday. It is inevitable.
    I don't factor internet meme wank into my reasoning, unfortunately, so no, they don't and it isn't.
    It's a lie! My pants were off the entire time!

I've got a new site for RPGs: Total Pantaloonacy