Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Jason Aaron Sharpens "Scalped"

Writer Jason Aaron shares details about "Scalp's" early influences, why he loves his leading men - Bad Horse and Red Crow - and why the "Unwanted" arc will leave another lead character with some very difficult choices.

Full article here.

I bought the first Scalped trade on Friday and then went out and got the second today (they didn't have the third or I would have purchased it as well) because I LOVE the story!! OMG!! This is the greatest book EVER!!!! I'm kinda upset with myself for not getting the trade sooner!

I am going to recommend Scalped to all my friends (comic readers and non-comic readers)!!

Is it just me or would Scalped make a killer movie?! I think it would ROCK!!!

Quote Originally Posted by eggie View Post
    I bought the first Scalped trade on Friday and then went out and got the second today (they didn't have the third or I would have purchased it as well) because I LOVE the story!! OMG!! This is the greatest book EVER!!!! I'm kinda upset with myself for not getting the trade sooner!

I am going to recommend Scalped to all my friends (comic readers and non-comic readers)!!

Is it just me or would Scalped make a killer movie?! I think it would ROCK!!!
    Scalped would make a great tv series on HBO or Showtime. It would make a good crime drama for either network.

I'm looking forward to the 6th Scalped trade. I think Aaron is looking at 60 issues for the whole series, so it's nice that we have a few more years left! :)
    "I figure the right thing starts at the beginning of the day, not after you've been caught." - John Crichton (Farscape)

It took me a couple years, but I became a regular and dedicated reader of the book. I don't see the point of talking about anything else as Aaron's best. But I haven't really read anything else he's written.

Scalped as a TV series would sort of be like what I always imagined the Sopranos should be.
    Comics Reader

THE EIDOLON NEVER HAD A GHOST OF A CHANCE - Read The Cloak of Shrouded Men.

Scalped is wonderful. I have been collecting a lot of the earlier issues that i missed (i started picking this up with #19). i agree that it would make a great TV show. It would be my favourite show since The Wire finished!

It was interesting to read about the initial idea coming from old Jonah Hex comics and the like. I had wondered where the original idea came from, its pretty unique. Being from the UK, we dont hear about or know much about the plight of the modern day Indian tribes living in America. Dont know if their society is more "open" to people living in America, ie. do most people know a Native Indian in real life? Or would Aaron have to do a lot of research into life on these reservations. Being white-caucasian, he could easily mis-represent the Native indian in these stories, and this could lead to accusations of racism etc. Or is RM Guera a native Indian and does he have input into the portrayal etc?

BANNED

great, great book. Love Guera's artwork - he might be my favorite comic artist now

anyone who is a fan of this would probably love the HBO series Deadwood (if you haven't already seen it)

I think Scalped is a fantastic book, I love it. And Aaron is a great writer.
    myspace.com/artofsimplicity

I am an anarchist. Deal with it.

http://forums.comicbookresources.com...-the-beginning