Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
    Strrrrrrrrrrrrex mailedbypostman1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cappa donna View Post
    You gotta give the heralds more credit than that. Morg has actually taken the fight to Thanos H2H.
    And surfer has taken the fight to thanos with energy blasts, and nothing happened.
    Now, that's not a fight he can take on his own, but if the heralds use all their best powers at the same time then they can win.
    How can 0 + 0 = 1? They can't really do anything, excepting the Destroyer.
    Strrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrex

You gotta give the heralds more credit than that.
    I do? Despite Thanos' insanely better feats than Morg? Despite Thanos' curbstomps of the Silver Surfer and flat out ignoring his shots? Despite that Thanos and the Surfer both took on the same guy, in the same issue, and one of them made a multi page fight of it and the other of them was dismissed in one blast?

They're most of them outclassed and not in a small way.

but if the heralds use all their best powers at the same time then they can win.
    The Silver Surfer unloading on Thanos got no results. His blasts are things that have scattered off of Thanos' hand. Various people in this fight are complete nonentities to Thanos on a level of power well beneath his, and resultingly have very little to contribute.

Most of the Heralds are background scenery to Thanos vs the Destroyer.

The idea about Red Shift bisecting Thanos is interesting
    Yes, it's interestingly moot in that it requires him getting close to a guy who can blast him to hell, think "Red Shift immobilized in block of force" and it happens, or screw around with his mind.

That and Red Shift cutting Thanos with his sword in the first place flies in the face of Thanos' durability.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 03-17-2010 at 04:26 PM.

You gotta give the heralds more credit than that. Morg has actually taken the fight to Thanos H2H. Now, that's not a fight he can take on his own, but if the heralds use all their best powers at the same time then they can win.

The idea about Red Shift bisecting Thanos is interesting. In theory he can, but that's not exactly an attack he's used on anyone but Annihilation cannon fodder. Heralds rarely use their powers in their most lethal applications. Can Thanos heal from being sliced up?
    Well, seeing as how from what I heard Thanos died from having his heart ripped out, I'd say not.

Quote Originally Posted by Awesome-X View Post
    Well, seeing as how from what I heard Thanos died from having his heart ripped out, I'd say not.
    By a guy who was basically Thanos Kryptonite.....
    Siriel; You have spectacularly failed to understand my post.

Strrrrrrrrrrrrex mailedbypostman1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holacik View Post
    Details, details.
    Strrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrex

Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post
    So has the speed issue been resolved yet?
    Basically, with The Watcher post....
    Siriel; You have spectacularly failed to understand my post.

BANNED

Basically, with The Watcher post....
    What did he say? Isn't the board rule that he has FTL reflexes, but not travel speed. So essentially he's immune to speedblitzing, but can't actually speedblitz?

I don't see why the Thanos speed issue is treated as something that can't be discussed. There clearly has not been evidence presented for his speed in a long time. Yet every single time this is brought up it eventually just gets dropped without anything really being done.

Basically, if we can't talk about it in this thread, where should we talk about it?
    Last edited by Surtur; 03-17-2010 at 06:44 PM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    Please stick to debating the topic at hand and not digress into off topic disussions about Board standards and practices in general which were derailing this thread.
    He said to stick to the Topic, and by questioning Thanos' speed we are doing exactly that.

Thanos' speed capabilities have established and accepted in previous threads involving him against opponents. Just stick to precedents as far as his capabilities are concerned rather than argue out the issue all anew.

To be fair, a lot of the reason the speed was accepted was because everybody thought there was a ruling, as opposed to actual evidence ever being shown.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    To be fair, a lot of the reason the speed was accepted was because everybody thought there was a ruling, as opposed to actual evidence ever being shown.
    That what I always thought. I thought this was such a polarizing issue because of the speedblitz issue that the mods just made him speedblitz-proof for the sake of maintaining his supremacy over really powerful elite top tiers. Has there been a ruling or not? If not then we can accept his avoidance of Surfer in the gauntlet grab feat as evidence that he has FTL reflexes. You'd have to be impossibly fast to avoid someone at that speed.

I thought this was such a polarizing issue because of the speedblitz issue that the mods just made him speedblitz-proof for the sake of maintaining his supremacy over really powerful elite top tiers.
    Do you think that the Silver Surfer could beat Thanos if he had a speed advantage on him?

What makes Drax the Destroyer the Kryptonite to Thanos' Superman? It's not as though Thanos is specifically vulnerable to anything. He's outside the laws of Order and Chaos. It's not as though Mentor and Chronos are uber-powerful cosmic beings that they can create something that can easily kill Thanos, even overlooking all of Thanos' upgrades since Drax's creation. Just because something is 'designed to destroy' something doesn't mean it'll succeed. How is it different to Odin designing the Asgardian Destroyer to battle the Celestials?