Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Palmiotti, Gray & Conner Off "Power Girl"

DC Comics announced today that the "Power Girl" creative team of Jimmy Palmiotti, Justin Gray and Amanda Conner is leaving the book following the release of "Power Girl" #12 in May. Palmiotti spoke with CBR News.

Full article here.

Wellsir, I reckon as how I'll be leaving Power Girl behind as well, then.

So it's not cancelled, then. Hmm. I wonder who's taking over?
    Locke & Key, Saga, Thief of Thieves

Default Gonna miss them

Damn, I was really enjoying Power Girl under the talented trio. It was one of the best books of the month. Of course, maybe this a book that Gail Simone will be coming onto post-Wonder Woman. Amanda just has that ability to render PG with that perfect "You're kidding me, right?!" look on her face, which suits her personality perfectly.

I'm surprised they don't cancel it since the style of the book is pretty much the only thing that is keeping it going.

Well, I'm not dropping it from my list at least until I find out who the new team is.

BANNED

Unhappy

This reminds me of what happened to Harley Quinn's book, another series that was a sexy and funny alternative to the rest of the line. The second the new team took over, so did the unwanted Darker And Edgier crap, leading to the book's demise. And since the DiDio era leans MUCH more heavily towards misery for misery's sake than the era Harley's book was in, "it's all just a little bit of history repeating".

Giffen, DeMatteis, and Maguire would be a great choice, in my opinion...along with covers by Adam Hughes or Frank Cho.

How does starting in the high 40's then dropping to the low 20's constitute as "hitting the ground running"? It was dying with them. Without them...well, look at this way: at 12 issues you got a nice trade.

Karma ran over Dogma grphxkindaguy's Avatar

Are the books sales even strong enough to let it survive after #12?!?

Damn. That's very disappointing.

Gonna wait to see who the new creative team is before deciding whether to drop this book.

Damn unless the new team is amazing it looks like i'm going to be dropping Peej. :/ Conner was my main reason for picking this up month after month.

That sucks quite amazingly. Replacing Conner will be hard enough, but having to find a great writer too will be difficult. Who will they choose I wonder... hopefully I wont find myself reading pointless angst with cringingly cheesecake art, or turn this into Superman-with-boobs.

I'll see who the new team is, but...I got a feeling that this one isn't gonna be staying on my pull post-May.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FemGeek View Post
    Superman-with-boobs.
    That position is already taken:

Quote Originally Posted by professorj View Post
    Giffen, DeMatteis, and Maguire would be a great choice, in my opinion...along with covers by Adam Hughes or Frank Cho.
    Indeed, this line-up might be the only way this title could likely survive such a creative team shake-up. DC is going to need LOTS of luck to pull this series out of its predetermined sales spiral.

Although I can't say I'm all that surprised over Conner's departure, because an artist with her kind of talent is tragically being wasted on this book.