Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default How to Salvage Colossus?

Let's face it. Colossus has hit a wall. Reader interest in the character is at an all-time low. His suicide was ignominious and his rebirth a disappointment to everyone who wanted to see a Jean-Emma catfight.

The character is a prop; a non-entity. His brother Mikhail became a more relevant force in the MU than Piotr, and his sister, dead for 20(?) years, remained far more compelling to fans. He's the opposite of Women in Refrigerators as he exists to make his sister and his girlfriend seem deeper and Storm more sensitive. When he killed himself, the pay-off was an entire issue of Kitty ranting at Xavier about how she is sick of Shi'ar frozen dinners.

Several attempts have been made to rehabilitate him, including him turning him into a gay drug addict in the Ultimate Universe which was ruined when they saddled him with Northstar as a boyfriend (as if Peter couldn't do worlds better than that guy). David Hine tried to show that he was "insane" by heredity.

Even on Nation X the guy is floundering. In a recent issue about farming, it was little Snowflake who headlined not Piotr. I mean, a FARMING story and Colossus didn't appear (though he did appear in the previous story where he taught the New Mutants how to use a tractor, but after that it appears that Sam and Ilyanna took over farming duties)! WTH? They can't even kill him off because no one cared the last time he died. It's an in-joke in the books themselves that this character is stuck in his glory days.

How Would You Rehabilitate Colossus?

Last edited by darknessatnoon; 10-23-2011 at 11:27 PM.

Magnificent Bastard worstblogever's Avatar

Let him find out that the Magik in the New Mutant's isn't really his sister, just a demonic copy of her.

Then, she seduces him like some kind of crazy succubus and he's like, "Good thing she's not technically my sister!" But then Kitty Pryde walks in on it when she gets out of the bullet. Drama ensues, including racial slurs for no reason.

Okay, it might not "salvage" him, but it would get fans talking.

CBR's Cerebra: Mutant Tracker
    Updated Tuesdays.

X-Poster of the Month: January 2014
    - the best there is at what i do -

I'm just glad they ditched the Rogue romance subplot.

I would like to see him be able to transform other things into the organic metal, expend that energy field that transforms him to other objects...sorta like Kitty...they could be the ultimate power duo. She phases something and he transforms it into organic metal.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    I'm just glad they ditched the Rogue romance subplot.
    They realized that romance with Rogue has the opposite effect of "interesting."

I want to see CLASS 100 COLOSSUS

He the freaking strongest guy on the team (not including a wet Namor) but he never does anything. WTF
    Destiny's Child - "If" - Here

Quote Originally Posted by darknessatnoon View Post
    They realized that romance with Rogue has the opposite effect of "interesting."
    You're the worst friend I have.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    You're the worst friend I have.
    Happy Birthday!

He should go back to painting nudes of Psylocke.

Let him take over Cyclops's jetpack. And maybe give him a cape as well.

Maybe not the best title for a thread concerning a big metal man, darkness.

Piotr is one of those X-Men who I feel would benefit endlessly from leaving the X-Men. He and Nighcrawler could make great avengers, or could hang out in europe. And, seeing as both have quasi-mystical backgrounds, they would be great for combatting mystical threats with the right team.

Colossus has never been interesting. He's a big, dumb, nice guy. He only functions properly as a second stringer- like Strong Guy. Never make him the star.

Or make him gay.

Kill him. And keep him killed. He's beyond rehabiliting if turning him into a gay drug addict won't even work.

Put him back in Astonishing. He was one of my favourite things abiut Whedon's run.

Magnificent Bastard worstblogever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMighty View Post
    I want to see CLASS 100 COLOSSUS
    Marvel should just put out a one-shot that's 24 pages of him bench-pressing a 757 jet, and he's immediately on the A-List.

CBR's Cerebra: Mutant Tracker
    Updated Tuesdays.

X-Poster of the Month: January 2014
    - the best there is at what i do -