Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Pipeline - Mar 9, 2010

In the wake of last weekend's Amazon graphic novel glitch, Augie ponders the pricing scale for digital comics, wondering where exactly is the inflection point? Also, more great Jason comics and a podcast recommendation.

Full article here.

$0.60 a song? What a rip off. The cheapest eMusic plan is $12/month for 24 credits. Songs are 1 credit each, but most albums over 12 tracks long are discounted down to 12 credits. That's $0.50/song at most.

I half agree. $0.60 isn't too bad for one song as long as it's cheaper when you buy a whole album.

Personally I'd only consider paying to download an album when the price comes down to about 2 (which is about $3 US).

For comics I'd probably want to be at a similar price for an entire 150 page graphic novel - if (and it's a big "if") I ever start reading comics digitally.

Augie, thank you for the Priest interview links! Going there now, but had to say thanks first.

EM

Augie, I'd have tried to help you a bit with the auctions if I'd have known!

Also, you can order supplies for FREE from the USPS. Of course, they'll ship it to you too.
    - pmpknface

"Webs Away!!!"
    Read My CBR Articles!

Hey Jamie -- yeah, thought of that too late. I did once upon a time have a package of envelopes delivered to me at home when I was shipping out a bunch of stuff. Worked wonders. Should have done that again. Oh, well. I learned lots of lessons. The hard way.

Eric -- No problem. Enjoy. It's lots of fun, and it has me reading "Black Panther" Volume 1 TPB right now. Of course, part of that is for this coming week's column, where I needed something from it. You'll see...

-Augie