Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Cup O' Joe - Mar 5, 2010

Joe Quesada is back with a new Friday installment of Cup O' Joe where the Marvel E-i-C dives into the new management at the Distinguished Competition, his upcoming rock show and the future of the X-Men Universe.

Full article here.

YUCK at Acuna. Why couldn't they get someone who isn't doing an ongoing right now like Lark, or Hardman (swapping him out of Atlas with Pagulayan again)?
    "Everyone knows the Spider-Man board pays people to bus mentally I'll homeless people to public libraries so they can log onto the Internet to berate Steve Wacker." - darknessatnoon

West Indian

Cool Wolvie's Seed: The Lost Days

Hey Joe, I have asked this question for a WHILE to no avail, so here I ask again....

All this talk of Daken and X-23 (along with Jimmy Hudson in the Ultimate Comics X book) My question is "Will anyone ever reintroduce the idea of Wolverine's Savage Land son 'Erista' ?" (P.S. His creators are none other than Walter Simonson and Mike Mignola!!) In Wolverine: The Jungle Adventure #1(1990),after handling some business involving X-men baddie Apocalypse, Wolvie slept with a female chieftain named Gahck and UNKNOWINGLY sired a son with her. He was subsequently named "Erista' Check it out. Pleeeaase!Wolverine+Jungle kid, how cool is that? Think Ka-zar/Wolvie.
    I must know once and for all if anything will be done with this character or I'm going to have to get a job at Marvel & work my way up the food chain to eventually do it myself!
    Check out this link!
    http://marvel.wikia.com/Erista_(Earth-616)
    Thanks!!!
    Last edited by Trinivee; 03-05-2010 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Clarity

Quote Originally Posted by Trinivee View Post
    Hey Joe, I have asked this question for a WHILE to no avail, so here I ask again....

All this talk of Daken and X-23 (along with Jimmy Hudson in the Ultimate Comics X book) My question is "Will anyone ever reintroduce the idea of Wolverine's Savage Land son 'Erista' ?" (P.S. His creators are none other than Walter Simonson and Mike Mignola!!) In Wolverine: The Jungle Adventure #1(1990),after handling some business involving X-men baddie Apocalypse, Wolvie slept with a female chieftain named Gahck and UNKNOWINGLY sired a son with her. He was subsequently named "Erista' Check it out. Pleeeaase!Wolverine+Jungle kid, how cool is that? Think Ka-zar/Wolvie.
    I must know once and for all if anything will be done with this character or I'm going to have to get a job at Marvel & work my way up the food chain to eventually do it myself!
    Check out this link!
    http://marvel.wikia.com/Erista_(Earth-616)
    Thanks!!!
    Erista Appreciation Thread

http://forums.comicbookresources.com...ghlight=Erista

An if you want to ask Joe Q that post your question here :

http://forums.comicbookresources.com...d.php?t=274875
    Pull List : X-Men: Legacy T-Bolts Avengers Academy X-23 X-Factor New Avengers Jubilee U:X-Force Red Hood/Outlaws A:X-Men Static Gotham City Sirens Black Panther Suicide Squad Wolverine New Mutants

Okay- I'm starting to lose interest in Xmen- i may not stick around to see how this all plays out. i would like to know if that Wolverine/hercules mini that i saw art for a while back is actually going to see fruition.

West Indian

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake View Post
    Erista Appreciation Thread

http://forums.comicbookresources.com...ghlight=Erista

An if you want to ask Joe Q that post your question here :

http://forums.comicbookresources.com...d.php?t=274875
    Thanks for the look out mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Gitaroo_Dude View Post
    YUCK at Acuna. Why couldn't they get someone who isn't doing an ongoing right now like Lark, or Hardman (swapping him out of Atlas with Pagulayan again)?
    To each their own. I thought his Legacy work was phenomenal and I'm excited for him on Black Widow. In fact, he's a big reason why I'm picking it up.

I think his answer on swear words is ridiculus.
    myspace.com/artofsimplicity

I am an anarchist. Deal with it.

http://forums.comicbookresources.com...-the-beginning

Quote Originally Posted by Trinivee View Post
    Thanks for the look out mate!
    No prob...
    Pull List : X-Men: Legacy T-Bolts Avengers Academy X-23 X-Factor New Avengers Jubilee U:X-Force Red Hood/Outlaws A:X-Men Static Gotham City Sirens Black Panther Suicide Squad Wolverine New Mutants

Quote Originally Posted by Mundungus View Post
    To each their own. I thought his Legacy work was phenomenal and I'm excited for him on Black Widow. In fact, he's a big reason why I'm picking it up.
    I'm glad Acuna has fans. Even though I'm not one of them. His inking and coloring style ruins his pencils.

But I hope Black Widow sells very well. So Acuna can stay away from books I want to buy. I hope all of the Black Widow fans come out full throttle to buy and support this book.

Doesn't look like things will be getting better for the mutants in the Heroic Age.
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

Taste the Bitch Pudding. Green Griffin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mundungus View Post
    Me too, i love his work and is too a big reason i'm getting Black Widow. Those Previews pages looked amazing.

and Damn, i was hoping Mann was going to be the next artist on Thor.

Quote Originally Posted by marvell2100 View Post
    Doesn't look like things will be getting better for the mutants in the Heroic Age.
    You basically never want things better for the mutants though. Their whole premise sort of falls apart when things start looking too rosey.

Joe,

How soon are we going to be seeing some Marvelman ? Can you throw us a friggin bone here ? Anything ?
    I am what I am and that's all what I am

Quote Originally Posted by matthewaos View Post
    I think his answer on swear words is ridiculus.
    Probably because it's not even an answer, just an anecdote.
    Robert Eddleman
    Panels on Pages