Page 111 of 176 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 2637

Thread: Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I just got around to seeing the last episode and man was it awesome. I'm continually amazed by how great the settings are, Quarth and Harrenhal totally blew me away.
    Those did look great. But what really struck me in the last episode was just how straight up evil Joffrey is. When he lifted up that sceptre in the scene with the two whores I thought he was going to have the one whore stick it where the sun don't shine on the other one.

----

This made me laugh:

Free your soul and let it fly....

That was a damn sadistic scene, I found myself cringing with each blow and I consider myself fairly desensitized to violence.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marie August View Post
    Or it implies that a boy is more threatening. In Dance of Dragons, Tyrion can be quoted saying that a male Targaryen heir would have a better claim than Daenerys. He wouldn't say "better" if she had no claim.

The news has reached the Eastern Kingdoms. People just don't believe it. They think it's superstitious stories.
    It's just medieval rules in practice, the sons before the daughters with the daughters claims made more credible by marrying other royalty or landed gentry as any good woman is in want of a good man and any good man of social importance wouldn't marry just any woman that could bring his own reputation down. So Dany has a claim but it would be much stronger if she had another house's backing or lineage dependent on her successfully taking the throne.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    That was a damn sadistic scene, I found myself cringing with each blow and I consider myself fairly desensitized to violence.
    same here...it was gratuitous, but I think they really want to erase any doubts about the type of person Joffrey really is
    Support your local roller derby league

I thought he was going to pull it out and start masturbating to the whore being beaten. That scene was way over the top.

BANNED

I think kid's private parts is where HBO actually draws the line since Sansa was not stripped to her waist and Joffrey didn't shag anyone or get his piece out even when he had ample opportunity. Kinky is one thing, sadism is another. I am looking forward to season 3 episodes 8 and 10 in particular since two events are set out to occur then that will really change the show's entire status quo.

Eh, the posters at imdb.com seem convinced Jack Gleeson (Joffrey) is 19 so he could have taken matters into his own hands. Maybe. I'd be surprised if the kid was north of 16.

Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    Eh, the posters at imdb.com seem convinced Jack Gleeson (Joffrey) is 19 so he could have taken matters into his own hands. Maybe. I'd be surprised if the kid was north of 16.
    I think Bronn and Tyrion assumed wrong on that one, kid isn't repressed or anything....he just likes hurting people
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    Even if the actor is 19, the character isn't. It may still be a line that HBO doesn't want to cross. I think he's only 13 in the books, though they might have aged the character for the show (as they did with the Stark children and Daenarys).
    Read my fairy tale webcomic, The Fox & The Firebird, at: http://www.fairytaletwisted.com

I am consistantly shocked by 2 things in this show
    1. It moves so friggen fast. I know there are a million characters so what they are doing is basicly "story point story point story point story point" for the entire show, so even when little happened, it felt like a lot happened. But christ that show always ends about 30 minutes before i assumed it would.
    2. The kid playing Arya is very very very very very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    2. The kid playing Arya is very very very very very good.
    I agree. I think her name is Macey Williams or something. Her and Dinklage are definately my to favorite actors on the show.
    Pull List: Saga, Danger Club, Invincible, Chew, Animal Man, Aquaman, Supergirl, Earth 2, Dancer, The Flash, TWD, Before Watchmen, Harbinger, and Swamp Thing

RIP Ronnie James Dio Deathstroke's Avatar

Yes, Maisie Williams is flat out awesome as Arya.

The scene withher and Tywin Lannister last night was frigging awesome!
    I'm on Twitter

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

~Superior Schemer~ Artemis Assassin's Avatar

Ok just watched the last episode and I particulary loved the bit where Arya was given the choice/option to have 3 people killed while still serving as a maid, that bit was really awesome with the funny assassin. Oddly enough the dude reminds me a bit of Gambit? Anyway I think it's too soon for Danny to get married again Oo

Gone

What´s the name of "a man" who speaks to "a girl"?

~Superior Schemer~ Artemis Assassin's Avatar

It's Jaqen