Page 116 of 179 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126166 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 2684

Thread: Game of Thrones

Was the dragons getting stolen in the book? We couldn't recall that.

Assimilation or Death Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Was the dragons getting stolen in the book? We couldn't recall that.
    No, they weren't.
    That's right! Al Gore invented the internet, let's all go kick his ass!

I got your inconvenient truth right here, motherf*&%!

Donald M.

Imagination and Bravery Double 0's Avatar

"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

http://naijamanexe.tumblr.com

Assimilation or Death Omega Alpha's Avatar

Ah, it never gets old, or any less pleasant.
    That's right! Al Gore invented the internet, let's all go kick his ass!

I got your inconvenient truth right here, motherf*&%!

Donald M.

What a brilliant episode!

Building Theon like they have was essential to how loathesome his actions are.
    Rodrick went out like a champ, truer words were never spoken my poor miserable Reek...
    I do like that Theon has inner struggles.
    It will be a nice contrast to monsters like Ramsay who come off as one-dimensional to some.
    Very happy to hear the Bastard of Bolton as confirmed.

The riot was intense. Loved the Hound in it, his makeup even seemed better.

I believe Petyr definitely spotted Arya but tucked that card in his sleeve.

I loved the Spice Merchant's condescension to Daeny. He goes over some very reasonable equations and she huffs, puffs and says "umm... but... DRAGONS!". It couldn't have been more perfect to have that spat back in her face.
    Favourite change ever.

We need gifs of Joffrey being hit in the face with shit.

I have to say, I love that The Hound has a soft spot for Sansa.

Plus Geoffrey was hit twice... and one was with cow shit so it was doubly awesome
    I AM FOREVER- Master Shake

I mean I liked Face-Off, but I didn't go to college either.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    No, they weren't.
    I think i know why they did it, if the rest of the story flows normal, but i just wanted to make sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    I never really thought of Renley as the good guy. He really has no legit reason to be claiming the throne, other than his bf told him he'd make a great king while pleasuring him.
    I think Renly's point of view about his claim is supposed to be that no one really has a good claim to the throne. Not even the Targaryen's since they originally took the Iron Throne by conquest. And Robert took it with his own rebellion. So if the throne has to be won by conquest, why shouldn't Renly be king? He figures he'd be the best option. And it's better to have a good king, than the one with the best "claim."
    Read my fairy tale webcomic, The Fox & The Firebird, at: http://www.fairytaletwisted.com

Quote Originally Posted by Marie August View Post
    I think Renly's point of view about his claim is supposed to be that no one really has a good claim to the throne. Not even the Targaryen's since they originally took the Iron Throne by conquest. And Robert took it with his own rebellion. So if the throne has to be won by conquest, why shouldn't Renly be king? He figures he'd be the best option. And it's better to have a good king, than the one with the best "claim."
    He was on the small council, he was a real relative of the king, and most importantly, he had the biggest army.

RIP Ronnie James Dio Deathstroke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kamikaze10 View Post
    I totally cheered when he smacked the shit out of that pussy Joffrey.
    I'm on Twitter

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

~Superior Schemer~ Artemis Assassin's Avatar

Completly adored this episode, and on the one hand I liked that we saw Danny act immature in this bit, she mostly seems to mature for her age and I guess she is, but that shows that she still has some ways to go before she can become an actual queen.

As for Joffrey: After this episode I think Arya's assassin might not even be necessary, he makes people hate him all by himself and it was awesome that Sansa actually spoke her mind for once. I mean I get that it's necessary for her to act loyal, but it was long overdue to see her show how hurt she is. Well, I'm glad that she seems to have found some allies.

Quote Originally Posted by KiFF86 View Post
    I have to say, I love that The Hound has a soft spot for Sansa.

Plus Geoffrey was hit twice... and one was with cow shit so it was doubly awesome
    A little shit for that little shit.

Didn't Tyrion go full-on beating his nephew in the book? Unless I'm mis-remembering but I was a bit disappointed that he only slapped him again. I can understand though, at this point in the TV show their feud is near the boiling point. If Tyrion were to go full-on beating the king, it would be hard to excuse Joffery not executing him there on the spot. The audience already knows he gave the warning to his mother about laying their hands on him.

Not that the above is a complaint of the episode. I really, really enjoyed it. I actually somewhat like Theon, so it was difficult watching the opening scene and reliving that moment over again (although there were some changes from the source material). But I thought it was done very, very well. Rodrick said it well with his last words, Theon is so completely lost. I had to pause the show after that scene for a few moments before I could continue. Having read the books, you'd think expecting what you know what happens will lessen the impact of seeing it visually but it still hits hard. Watching Theon go turncloak to the point of no return this episode had the same effect to me as seeing Ned executed. Those were both events I knew were coming, that even as I watched this show I naively and subconsciously hoped the writers would change their fates. Of course they wouldn't though as they were major parts of the story. But man, its just sad. Theon is truly a pathetic weak-willed, weak-minded creature. I hoped for better with him.

I usually rewatch the episode the next day, but the opening scene has me putting it off. It was pretty heavy.
    Last edited by the_coldest_sun; 05-07-2012 at 04:27 PM.

Does Tywin know that he has Arya. From what I heard of the books he doesn't. But little things in the scene seems to make me think he does.
    I AM FOREVER- Master Shake

I mean I liked Face-Off, but I didn't go to college either.

Finally watched this week's episodes. I called it: four boobs.