Page 104 of 176 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 2637

Thread: Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    This episode reminded me (as if it was necessary) how awesome Charles Dance is as Tywin. One of the most perfect castings of the show.

I wonder what non-book readers thought of that ending?
    WTF was that all about!?
    Oh wait... some one already.
    I thought there wasnt magic in this world and this chick starts spitting out shadow people and stuff!
    Or is she tied to the shadow people of the north? This is just some tactic to cause chaos below the wall for when they come attacking?

Did the witch just gave birth to the smoke monster from Lost ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    I thought there wasnt magic in this world
    Did you miss the chick not getting burnt by fire and then hatching dragon eggs?

Or the zombies, the "wendigo" looking creatures from episode 1 and 12, and the direwolves?
    The fantasy elements can be easily forgotten since the series is very grounded in a real feeling world but just remember that it isn't.
    Many of us could elaborate on what these shadow babies are, but tune in next week and let yourself be surprised instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Did you miss the chick not getting burnt by fire and then hatching dragon eggs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Groot View Post
    Or the zombies, the "wendigo" looking creatures from episode 1 and 12, and the direwolves?
    The fantasy elements can be easily forgotten since the series is very grounded in a real feeling world but just remember that it isn't.
    Many of us could elaborate on what these shadow babies are, but tune in next week and let yourself be surprised instead.
    I didnt mean any of those creatures when i mentioned no magic, i meant magic.
    Having creatures that have their own abilities does not equal magic.
    Movies that have Vampires and Werewolves doesnt mean that they have magic in them just because a person can turn into a big wolf. That's just an ability granted to the creature in that world.

Anyway, i have no problem if the world has magic it's just that was kind of a big shock. That was the strangest thing we have seen in the show yet.

I didnt mean any of those creatures when i mentioned no magic, i meant magic.
    Having creatures that have their own abilities does not equal magic.
    Movies that have Vampires and Werewolves doesnt mean that they have magic in them just because a person can turn into a big wolf. That's just an ability granted to the creature in that world.

Anyway, i have no problem if the world has magic it's just that was kind of a big shock. That was the strangest thing we have seen in the show yet.
    I just thought the people with glowing blue eyes and zombies, and dragons indicates magic.

I guess he has a point.
    Most of the things are just species not necessarily independent on magic, save for the zombies which I couldn't really explain otherwise.

Dead in a comic does not mean dead. No matter what THEY say.

Well....they have the 2 kinds of magic 1) Death magic and 2) Nature (old religion) magic which is genetic. Although, I count Dragons and back from the dead, flesh eating Zombies as magic too.

Quote Originally Posted by Groot View Post
    I guess he has a point.
    Most of the things are just species not necessarily independent on magic, save for the zombies which I couldn't really explain otherwise.
    Dany walked into fire and didn't get burned.

Wait.... there was that witch when Khal Drogo was dying casting that spell, right?
    I guess there had been magic already. Ignore me.

Wait.... there was that witch when Khal Drogo was dying casting that spell, right?
    I guess there had been magic already. Ignore me.
    Actually, the reason i didn't bring that up, was because even in the book they were sort of...not clear on whether or not that was magic.
    The show was pretty much the same in that reguard, she might have just been a nutball who killed a horse, Drogo might have been brain dead anyway, and she might have had a miscarriage.

Actually, the reason i didn't bring that up, was because even in the book they were sort of...not clear on whether or not that was magic.
    The show was pretty much the same in that reguard, she might have just been a nutball who killed a horse, Drogo might have been brain dead anyway, and she might have had a miscarriage.
    Well, i brought it up because if i remember correctly wasnt there wind and lights going crazy inside the tent?
    I guess she could have put on a show too.

Well, i brought it up because if i remember correctly wasnt there wind and lights going crazy inside the tent?
    I guess she could have put on a show too.
    Dany's point of view, she was half wacked out at that point in the story.
    Im not saying it wasn't magic, just that we didn't really see it.

In the Evil Force of Evil Chiasm's Avatar

I've only read books 2-4 once, book 5 not at all, and even I'm very WTF was that at the end? I don't remember that all. In fact, all I really remember from the books is who is still alive and who isn't by the end of book four. Kind of cool actually. I'd read the first book three times so I knew what was coming there, now I only have the vaguest of ideas.

It was last episode but one thing I do like better about the TV show, and something I do remember from the books, is how they are handling Theon. I didn't really understand his decision in the book but in the TV show it makes more sense.

Dany walked into fire and didn't get burned.
    Yeah. But there's not getting burned kinda magic, and there's smoke monster crawling out of some lady's vag magic. Kinda operating on two separate levels.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the sexual proclivities of the Baratheon boys in the books -- hinted at, but never made that explicit, were they? No confirmed nookie for either Renly or Stannis?
    The Punisher: I’m going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pants™ Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and you’ll die screaming! And I’ll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com