Page 50 of 179 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

BANNED

I just love this

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    I wasn't clear on something, and I don't recall if the book was either: Jaimie orchestrated the whole rescue and paid the girl, but was Tryion getting marrying her supposed to be part of the deal?
    No, it most definitely was not. Hence Tywin's drastic intervention; there was no way he would tolerate a Lannister being married to a whore.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Cercei (?) ... you know, Joffrey's mother ... seemed to be surprised at the command to execute Ned. This, in itself, seems surprising as there would be no way a spoiled and egocentric jerk could bare to let Ned live, even in exile. Sansa not seeing it is one thing, she's incredibly dense, but Cercei should have been a better judge of character - especially of her own incestous offspring.
    Spoliers for the book follow:

spoilers:
    There was quite a bit in the book dealing with this; basically, a deal was done whereby Sansa was used (and I do mean used) to trick Ned into the false confession. That's why Sansa was smiling through the whole thing, right up until Joffrey called for Ser Ilyn. The deal was that he would be sent to the Wall in return. However, Joffrey, being the stupid, arrogant little shit that he is, went off-script and decided to have him executed instead.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Ned's younger daughter seems to have her head screwed on right. Stuck in a hostile city, she didn't break down or cry - she did her best to get by. Catching her own food, for starters, even if it was pigeon.
    Arya's story has only just begun. She's one of my favourite characters.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

Quote Originally Posted by Inkthinker View Post

Honestly, I'm surprised more people didn't figure that Ned was doomed because he was being played by a fairly high-profile actor like Sean Bean. That man wants to do other things, I'm sure, so a single season is all he'd likely want to sign up for.
    .....you mean like anna paquin, or thomas jane? .....waitaminute
    DC League 2007 team Ion Dr Light Faith Animal Man CM3 Guardian Mr Miracle
    Marvel League 2006 champion Exodus Karnilla Living Lightning Talisman Arclight Karma Phantazia

Sean Bean has done high profile things like straight to dvd movies lately.
    So...i dunno if that's why he took the role.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundermonkey View Post
    I just love this

I could easily watch a whole episode of Tyrion pimpslapping Joffrey over and over again!

Splendiferous Spider Hero ImmortalIronFist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Oh, and I have a theory on who's Jon's mother. I don't know if book readers will think it's completely wrong, but I think it's Lyanna (sp), Ned's sister. And Ned isn't the father.

From what I understood, the Mad King killed Stark's father and brother, and also kidnapped Lyanna, right? So, while she was held captive, she was raped by someone (either the king himself or his son), and got pregnant. She died of childbirth or complications from it, and asked Ned to raise him. He said he was his own because having Targaryen blood means Jon would become a target.

What do you think?
    One change to that theory is that some people think she ran off with Rhegar (mad king's son) because she loved him and Robert couldn't handle the truth.

And to the people saying Jon doesn't look like a Targaryen, the only reason Targaryens pretty much all have white-blond hair and violet eyes is because of many generations of inbreeding...much the same reason why so many of them are flat-out crazy.
    Hey, that tiger is flying a spaceship.

BANNED

But if Jon is blood of the Dragon his hand wouldn't have been burned when he grabbed the lantern he threw at the "other". Dany's hands weren't burned when she grabbed the egg that was in the fireplace.

Gone

I just don´t see what would be the point of making Jon a Targaryan.
    He´s already a Stark (somewhat), isn´t that enough?

Bastards turned royal bloods is such a tired cliché.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundermonkey View Post
    But if Jon is blood of the Dragon his hand wouldn't have been burned when he grabbed the lantern he threw at the "other". Dany's hands weren't burned when she grabbed the egg that was in the fireplace.
    it doesn't work like that. those were totally different incidents

Can't get enough of this show. Loved it so much I bought the book, and am more than half way through it. And that is from a guy who doesn't read novels. Last one I read was probably in high school because I HAD to.

Game of Thrones is written so well, and I'm glad I have something to keep me entertained in between the episodes each week. I look forward to the final episode, to the series on Blu-Ray and season 2! :D

Being a Targaryen doesn't make one immune to heat and fire, or Viserys would still be alive.

Dany is special. They took pains during the show to demonstrate that Viserys could be burned (like in that scene with the prostitute and the candle) while Dany has resistance, both in the scalding hot tub scene and the moments with the hot eggs in the fire.

Jon may not be a Targaryen, but his burns don't automatically rule out the possibility that he's Rhaegar's son. I thought it was very telling that Ned told Jon before they parted that "you have my blood," not "you are my son."
    Last edited by Saturn Girl; 06-15-2011 at 10:48 AM. Reason: Hit submit too soon
    Currently reading: The Walking Dead, Invincible, Irredeemable, Incorruptible, Morning Glories, Chew, Birds of Prey, Secret Six, Teen Titans, Ultimate Spidey, Avengers Academy, Batgirl

Gone

Quote Originally Posted by Saturn Girl View Post
    Being a Targaryen doesn't make one immune to heat and fire, or Viserys would still be alive.
    I doubt even Daenerys would have survived that crowning.

Being a targaryan can give you a high tolerance to heat (in SOME cases like Daenerys), but it doesn´t mane you immune to fire.

The point of what Saturn Girl is trying to make is not that Danerys would have survived the "crowning", but rather that the "heat resistance" or tolerance doesn't necessarily manifest in all Targaryans.
    Stay away from the chimps. You can't reason with them and you'll just end up with monkey shit all over your clothes.

Internet hypocrisy #47: Being the undisputed scourge of trolls until the troll supports your side of the debate and then becoming silent.

Plenty of pure-blood Targaryens have died in fires or fire-related incidents, including Aemon's brother and his first son, which sadly put the Mad King on the throne.
    Slayven ftw.

"Looksky! Birdplane!"