View Poll Results: Are you interested in seeing a romantic relationship explored between Bruce & Diana?

Voters
277. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes

167 60.29%
  • No

110 39.71%
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Earth Fun (Party Earth) Mr_Wayne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostman View Post
    And Number Two? The guy who's definetely more popular than Superman?The guy who sells more books than Superman? Has an up and running very successful movie franchise while Superman needs to borrow BATMAN'S creative team to even have a chance at being successful? Batman's number one, and has been for a long time now...

Didnt you get the memo?
    Lucious! Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by WorstThingUS View Post
    Superman was the first, all characters are descended from him, he's pop culture shorthand from Boston to Bangkok. You can wear the "S" any place on this planet and people will know it. His place atop the heap in unquestioned and transcends all else.
    You can say some of those same things about Batman. One of the reasons Nolan claims to have even been inspired to recreate the film franchise was when he saw a young child standing next to a soldier in Afghanistan with a Batman t-shirt on in a newspaper. Covered in dirt and all. World wide notoriety, appeal, and instantly being recognized is Batman's MO.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostman View Post
    Superman is not popular anymore. Superman is lucky if he's still the third most popular DC comic character right now. People know George Bush, dosent mean they like him. Superman has been coasting on his rep for a long time now, and truth is that Batman surpassed him as DC's golden boy long ago.
    It may be a hard pill to swallow but Batman is definitely number one. He's DC's go to character for the automatic "cha ching" $$$! Lots of older comic readers will still try and hold on to those years where Superman was the number one hero. The reality is that when it's all said and done, when DC/WB wants to churn out another hit, they look to Batman. Their number one character.
    I've always wanted to diversify the DCU, but usually when I do it, James Robinson comes along and kills them all. -Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Wayne View Post
    It may be a hard pill to swallow but Batman is definitely number one. He's DC's go to character for the automatic "cha ching" $$$! Lots of older comic readers will still try and hold on to those years where Superman was the number one hero. The reality is that when it's all said and done, when DC/WB wants to churn out another hit, they look to Batman. Their number one character.
    I respectfully disagree.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

You can say some of those same things about Batman. One of the reasons Nolan claims to have even been inspired to recreate the film franchise was when he saw a young child standing next to a soldier in Afghanistan with a Batman t-shirt on in a newspaper. Covered in dirt and all. World wide notoriety, appeal, and instantly being recognized is Batman's MO.
    Actually you can't. A simple bat on your shirt can mean anything as bats actually exist and have different meanings all over the world. The three most recognizable pop images on the planet are Mickey Mouse, Coca Cola and Superman. Warner Brothers has a separate Superman division for the sole purpose of marketing him. When VH1 did their list of current pop culture icons in America, Superman came in at #2---behind Oprah and ahead of Elvis.

You should stay away from numbers because Spider-Man, The X-Men and Wolverine have bad news for you. And by this logic does that Green Lantern is number one because what's going on with him now? Does that mean you can say "Jean Loring" to a 70 year-old-woman and have her know what you're talking about? No. Can you say "Selina Kyle" to a 70-year old woman and have her know what you're talking about? No. But if you say "Lois Lane" she knows exactly what you're talking about. That's how you know you're number one. All heroes descend from him. Without him there are no superhero comics. You might as well claim Sherlock Holmes isn't the number one detective in pop culture because of the popularity of Spenser. Or James Bond isn't number one because of Jason Bourne. Certain characters have made much an impact their position is unassailable. Just because you see 100 hundred bat-titles on your comic book store shelves that doesn't change. You see, comic book stores are just a small part of something we like to call "the world." It wasn't Batman who got a speech about him in Kill Bill.

So again, when #1 got married and became off limits to Wonder Woman, they went to #2. Well, after dabbling with an Aquaman flirtation
    Last edited by WorstThingUS; 02-26-2010 at 07:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WorstThingUS View Post
    Yes. I'm making it up. And that lame ass idea is the best I could could up with. Sigh. Anyone want to help me remember the issue for the cynic here because I'm not going to go dig it out of the closet. But the one I remember clearly is when her ship trapped her inside by giving her what she wanted and that was Superman and they had a fantasy life of marriage and kids. But if it makes you feel better it was Batman who helped break the illusion.

I'm pretty sure Miley Cyrus outsells both Elvis and The Beatles right now, but it doesn't mean they don't sit atop the heap and always will any more than Green Lantern's current high sales suddenly make him number one. Superman's position in culture and comics is and always has been figuratively and literally the number one guy. Who else could have a prime time TV series for a decade where he never even puts on a the costume or uses his name? That's how popular Superman still remains.

The Justice League cartoon is pretty much the reason why some of the folks are behind these two totally unaware of WW and SM history in each other's comics. That was the story in Luke's run. WW 141.

There is so much superman/wonder woman stuff over the years.To say Diana feels nothing for Superman is a misnomer. Plus she said clearly to both of them in Busiek's Trinity at one point she had been attracted to them both.

ultra neo-noir anti-hero lukababic's Avatar

Ok, here's a pic I which don't know where it's from, so could someone enlighten me.

Also, I am a fan of Bruce-Diana romance, so as I recall there are:

DC - Trinity (where Bruce kisses Diana at her dismay)

Jla #190 (or something, where Diana goes to Martian's Daytripper machine where she sees what life awaits her if she chooses Bruce)

WW Hiketeia (already posted in this thread, he kisses hers leg)

JLA - Something-Arc (where they go to the past and kiss just before they're all dead or something)

Anything else I'm missing?

Quote Originally Posted by lukababic View Post
    Ok, here's a pic I which don't know where it's from, so could someone enlighten me.

Also, I am a fan of Bruce-Diana romance, so as I recall there are:

DC - Trinity (where Bruce kisses Diana at her dismay)

Jla #190 (or something, where Diana goes to Martian's Daytripper machine where she sees what life awaits her if she chooses Bruce)

WW Hiketeia (already posted in this thread, he kisses hers leg)

JLA - Something-Arc (where they go to the past and kiss just before they're all dead or something)

Anything else I'm missing?
    Well, the list of SM/WW "moments" is infinitely longer and more substantial.

There is a basic attraction between BM and WW, but for the most part, pooling these "moments" (kissing her knee? I recall her standing over him with her foot on his head too. That doesn't seem too romantic) together to justify a romance is grasping at straws a bit. I'm not totally against them giving something a try, but it's not going to last. Maybe they just need to get this "What if?" out of their systems so they can both move on to where they should be (though I thought they had taken care of that with the dream-machine thing in JLA...oh well, they just better not try to drag it out past its due date). It seems more gimmick-y than logical.

It seems that most of the support for BM/WW is "Why not?" rather than "For this reason a), b), c), etc"
    Last edited by BirdofPrey; 02-26-2010 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofPrey View Post
    Well, the list of SM/WW "moments" is infinitely longer and more substantial.
    To say the least:

You know I get people ship who they want to but many of these people never followed WW books.Permit me to help for those who deny there is any sm/ww history.

Hmmm...no. Supes/WW, Bats/Catwoman.
    I have this idea for the next X-teme Games Gold Medal Event--Bear Tickling. Its like Bull riding but more X-treme! You are timed on how long you can tickle a bear before he attacks you.

-Excelsior

And that is only some images. Not to mention the sub text with the images. Worstthingsus is right. He is not making anything up.

Check out this blog and you'll see some more and that's not even all of the stuff over the years. Diana was attracted to Supes first and they decided to keep it platonic. Supes felt he was not in her league ( he has said it more than once over the years) and she was clueless about men at the time.

http://www.matchingcolors.capesandtights.com/index.html
    Last edited by hellacre; 02-26-2010 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    And that is only some images. Not to mention the sub text with the images. Worstthingsus is right. He is not making anything up.

Check out this blog and you'll see some more and that's not even all of the stuff over the years. Diana was attracted to Supes first and they decided to keep it platonic. Supes felt he was not in her league ( he has said it more than once over the years) and she was clueless about men at the time.

http://www.matchingcolors.capesandtights.com/index.html
    Yeah it the Boyscout she always wanted. Batman as Morrison said the second choice. Although Bats is more about sales right now. I mean DC could justify Bats romancing Canary or even PG tomorrow if they wanted. That's how big the bat is.

Catwoman or Zatanna. But Selina will always be the one.

Batman sticks his tongue down WW throat and she nearly cracks his skull in but but who is she seeing after that "hot" kiss? Heavens she thrills when she sees Superman.

Would Kingdom Come be taken into consideration?

Hey it's not real . It's just earth 22 , so it does not count apparently like the dream machine is not real or the illusion.

Let's go for a hot spar.

This is hotter.