Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jamesfreeman View Post
    Pretty much. It was especially funny to see the dudes who kept arguing that GL is better known than WW.
    Nice respect for the dedicated people who post there. James.

Nobody is arguing is that Green lantern is BETTER known than wonder woman.

You could say that the Wonder woman in the TV SHOW and the One in the comics have little in common. Maybe they have the same symbol and the same colour hair but they are virtually different things and people like the two for different reasons.

I really can't wait for the Green lantern Movie. look at the remarkable success of the IRONMAN Movie.

Ask anyone on the street who Ironman is now and they will tell you who he is.
    Last edited by Karl O'Neill; 02-24-2010 at 05:36 AM.
    "You can't trust them as poets either. The true poet is anonymous, as to his habits, but these boys have to look, act, and apparently smell like poets"
    Flannery O'Connor on the beats.

This is one thing I do kinda hate here but also in general.

Why does love for one character somehow take away from another?

One guy complained there about people being angry about the Batman/WW pairing, and seemed to assume that that meant we all hate Batman. I don't hate Batman, I love Batman. But the two of them together is completely and wildly wrong for both characters, in my opinion.

Why does an extremely busy and successful WW board take away from GL? I LOVE GL. Creating this board was not easy. It took a lot of work and thought and a lot of effort from a lot of people. If a GL board is what you want, it shouldn't be that big a deal...the books are among DC's biggest sellers and more are coming. Make a plan, get some content, some reason for readers to come here to a GL board, and present it to Jonah. Having a successful WW board doesn't do a thing to prevent a GL board. If anything, it proves it can be done to have a character-specific forum that works.

That's my thinking. But I see this all the time--people think a Wonder Woman movie prevents a Teen Titans movie, or they think a Green Lantern film presents a Wonder Woman film, or whatever...it's just not so. One character's success in some way doesn't present another character's success.
    Black Canary owns your world.

Quote Originally Posted by General Grievous View Post
    Nice respect for the dedicated people who post there. James.

Nobody is arguing is that Green lantern is BETTER known wonder woman.

You could that the Wonder woman in the TV SHOW and the One in the comics have little in common. Maybe they have the same symbol and the same colour hair but they are virtually different things and people like the two for different reasons.

I really can't wait for the Green lantern Movie. look the remarkable success of IRONMAN.

Ask anyone on the street who Ironman is now and they will tell you who he is.

General, I thought you were perfectly fair.

I like GL. I think a GL board would be neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Gail Simone View Post

One guy complained there about people being angry about the Batman/WW pairing, and seemed to assume that that meant we all hate Batman. I don't hate Batman, I love Batman. But the two of them together is completely and wildly wrong for both characters, in my opinion.

Why does an extremely busy and successful WW board take away from GL? I LOVE GL. Creating this board was not easy. It took a lot of work and thought and a lot of effort from a lot of people. If a GL board is what you want, it shouldn't be that big a deal...the books are among DC's biggest sellers and more are coming. Make a plan, get some content, some reason for readers to come here to a GL board, and present it to Jonah. Having a successful WW board doesn't do a thing to prevent a GL board. If anything, it proves it can be done to have a character-specific forum that works.

That's my thinking. But I see this all the time--people think a Wonder Woman movie prevents a Teen Titans movie, or they think a Green Lantern film presents a Wonder Woman film, or whatever...it's just not so. One character's success in some way doesn't present another character's success.
    Bingo!!!

You made the effort to do with and we appreciate it.

They have options to get a board set up without detracting from the WW forum.

Just a note I forgot to add.

I collect Wonder woman (Sure Gail signed my comics in DUBLIN!), I read wonder woman, I love wonder woman.

Her animated Movie was awesome.

Wish for the love of god DC or warner would get her a live action movie as soon as possible. She deserves one.
    "You can't trust them as poets either. The true poet is anonymous, as to his habits, but these boys have to look, act, and apparently smell like poets"
    Flannery O'Connor on the beats.

Quote Originally Posted by General Grievous View Post
    Just a note I forgot to add.

I collect Wonder woman (Sure Gail signed my comics in DUBLIN!), I read wonder woman, I love wonder woman.

Her animated Movie was awesome.

Wish for the love of god DC or warner would get her a live action movie as soon as possible. She deserves one.
    You didn't need to add it, even if you hated WW it wouldn't make your pov less valid.

It's just that this board doesn't prevent a GL board for a moment.

Scrumtrilescent

Was it really that difficult to get a WW board made here? I don't see why a GL board couldn't be made at all. Especially now.
    Insert deep or humorous quotation here.

Peachy Keen Gabe De Los Muertos's Avatar

That was me, but I think there's a fair bit of contempt for Batman from some people here from the comments they post. Since Batman is the top franchise right now, that may be a reason. But you can't say that there isn't contempt, there is people saying negative stuff about the character which shows that they have a one-sided understanding of the character. I know there are some people here that like him but don't want them to be together, and they're fair when they voice their opinions. But when people dismiss Bruce as some sort of heartless person and/or play up the paranoid criticisms, then it gets out of hand.
    Formerly DetectiveDupin.
    Tumblr
    Twitter

Yeah, before Blackest Night started I asked the mods to see if they could create a GL board, and they replied that there wouldn't be enough traffic to warrant one. But given how many BN threads we all have seen in the DCU forum, and now 3 monthlies, and Brightest Day I think now is the best moment to start up a GL board.

Peachy Keen Gabe De Los Muertos's Avatar

You didn't need to add it, even if you hated WW it wouldn't make your pov less valid.

It's just that this board doesn't prevent a GL board for a moment.
    The OP probably compared the large interest in both franchises. He probably said "Why does this character have it's own board when this character continually outsells the former?" That's why WW was singled out.
    Formerly DetectiveDupin.
    Tumblr
    Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by DetectiveDupin View Post
    That was me, but I think there's a fair bit of contempt for Batman from some people here from the comments they post. Since Batman is the top franchise right now, that may be a reason. But you can't say that there isn't contempt, there is people saying negative stuff about the character which shows that they have a one-sided understanding of the character. I know there are some people here that like him but don't want them to be together, and they're fair when they voice their opinions. But when people dismiss Bruce as some sort of heartless person and/or play up the paranoid criticisms, then it gets out of hand.
    Buddy, if you can be a bit fair, I think only ONE poster actually posted what you clain to be a "Hater". Also I thought it was also uncalled for when you said the Wonder Woman forum are a vicious bunch. That was also untrue and unfair

The rest of us do not hate Batman. We just don't agree on a "Supposed Pairing". That s about the gist of it.
    Last edited by nightforce; 02-24-2010 at 10:51 AM.
    I am most definitely a WONDER WOMAN FAN!!

Quote Originally Posted by another_version View Post
    Yeah, before Blackest Night started I asked the mods to see if they could create a GL board, and they replied that there wouldn't be enough traffic to warrant one. But given how many BN threads we all have seen in the DCU forum, and now 3 monthlies, and Brightest Day I think now is the best moment to start up a GL board.
    I agree,

Can we start a pettition then to get a Green Lantern board up?

Quote Originally Posted by nightforce View Post
    I agree,

Can we start a pettition then to get a Green Lantern board up?
    Yeah. What the best plan would be is to start brainstorming what some Proposed threads would be, and to get people to vote for it. Once we have those then the best thing we can do is appeal it to the mods.

I'll contact General and a few others that might want to help out.

I'll start an "Official Green Lantern Board Thread" in the DCU forum.

Hope to see you there!

Quote Originally Posted by another_version View Post
    Yeah. What the best plan would be is to start brainstorming what some Proposed threads would be, and to get people to vote for it. Once we have those then the best thing we can do is appeal it to the mods.

I'll contact General and a few others that might want to help out.

I'll start an "Official Green Lantern Board Thread" in the DCU forum.

Hope to see you there!
    Point me to a link so I can vote.

Quote Originally Posted by nightforce View Post
    Point me to a link so I can vote.
    Here you go!

http://forums.comicbookresources.com...d.php?t=309944