Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Soul Eater Discussion Thread

For anyone who is interested in the Soul Eater series . . .
    Show me a bitter nazi and I'll show you a sour kraut.

Check out my gallery at :http://r-gonz.deviantart.com/

Soul Eater is one of my favorite manga and I look forward to reading it every month.

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

I absolutely love Soul Eater

The unique artstyle is great and versatile as it can alter from mundane and normal to cute and funny to shit my pants scary.

The characters are greatly realised and different from the majority of shounen titles I read.

I love reading new Soul Eater chapters mostly because you never quite know what's coming.

I just stared back up with Soul Eater, and I'm enjoying every chapter of it. So far, Death The Kid has become my favorite character. A perfectionist and a narcissist who is more concerned with symmetry then actually getting the job done.
    Have beer, will drink!

I enjoy the manga, but it's felt a little directionless since the end of the Baba Yaga's Castle arc. Hopefully things will pick back up again soon.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MegamiMiko View Post
    I enjoy the manga, but it's felt a little directionless since the end of the Baba Yaga's Castle arc. Hopefully things will pick back up again soon.
    Agreed, there's a lot of plot points that need resolving and the manga has kind of procrastinated recently rather than getting on with it.
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

On a serious note, what are your thoughts on the Clown? Both it and Asura have been stated to literally be madness incarnate, so I'm not sure whether or not it's a tangible manifestation of Asura's madness or if it's an entirely different entity. I've had my theories that it was what inevitably what drove Asura insane or that it used him as a vessel, but that's only speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    On a serious note, what are your thoughts on the Clown? Both it and Asura have been stated to literally be madness incarnate, so I'm not sure whether or not it's a tangible manifestation of Asura's madness or if it's an entirely different entity. I've had my theories that it was what inevitably what drove Asura insane or that it used him as a vessel, but that's only speculation.
    I've always believed that the Clowns are sort of rare natural occurence that can be created under specific circumstances. Asura on the other hand seem to have been a person beforehand that somehow became one with madness itself. At least, that's what I've always though.

Also, it wouldn't surprise me if Asura's reappearance has increased the possibility that a Clown might be created.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I've always believed that the Clowns are sort of rare natural occurence that can be created under specific circumstances. Asura on the other hand seem to have been a person beforehand that somehow became one with madness itself. At least, that's what I've always though.
    That's what makes it questionable for me, because Shinigami said that even he didn't believe that Asura was human before he became the Kishin.

I'm also curious about Eibon since he and his research have been a large plot point for some time but we've seen little of him aside from flashbacks.

About that, I lied. The Transient Guest's Avatar

Speaking of werewolves.....

Free is without a doubt my favorite werewolf, ice person in fiction.
    Siriel:
    Transient just likes to do that.

Why he keeps picking up ridiculous arguments and then try to defend them, I will never know.

Nefarious Cartoonist

Got the boxset for this recently- Funimation did a nice job, including the bonus sticker offered with the japanese dvd's, and using lots of artwork since the thinpacks are clear, so we have double sided covers. The artbox is a bit light, but it has artwork of Maka and Soul on the inner flaps which is a nice touch. Haven't watched it much outside of checking out the extras and playing the opening on the first episode, but the menus are animated which is a nice touch. Having read the manga in Yen Plus, I like the more streamlined designs of the anime a bit better, and the colour really brings the crazily designed atmosphere to the forefront.

Quote Originally Posted by Paploo the Ewok View Post
    Got the boxset for this recently- Funimation did a nice job, including the bonus sticker offered with the japanese dvd's, and using lots of artwork since the thinpacks are clear, so we have double sided covers. The artbox is a bit light, but it has artwork of Maka and Soul on the inner flaps which is a nice touch. Haven't watched it much outside of checking out the extras and playing the opening on the first episode, but the menus are animated which is a nice touch. Having read the manga in Yen Plus, I like the more streamlined designs of the anime a bit better, and the colour really brings the crazily designed atmosphere to the forefront.
    Do you have any info on when the Soul Eater DVDs, or any anime for that matter, will be released in Europe?

Nefarious Cartoonist

I imagine they'll be available when a European dvd company has licensed it, and if in England, when they can get the english dub materials from Funimation.

I know that German DVD manufacturers have run into numerous problems with bootlegging, so some like ADV Germany have shutdown. It's pretty bad that a region with such a thriving fandom can't support it's own anime community in a good fashion.

http://www.amazon.fr/Soul-Eater-Vol-...7285874&sr=8-9

http://www.kaze.fr/ Kaze has released an insane number of titles, and I know there are a few other publishers as well. They have lots of titles that aren't even available in R1 like Windy Tales.

It looks like it has been released on French R2 DVD from Kaze, and includes a japanese track, released in September. France probably has the largest catalogue of anime titles in Europe, though I think there's also a number of Italian publishers.
    Last edited by Paploo the Ewok; 02-27-2010 at 07:55 AM.