Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Could the Joker carry his own book?

Nods to DaUltimateSheild with his Doom thread. Could an ongoing book starring the Joker find success?

I feel like if it was a light hearted joker, not exactly going a long with continuity, it could work for at least a bit then fade out. the Harley Quinn book kind of sucked, so I'm not sure.

If it was the current iteration when we last saw him then that would be a bit... dark for main stream comics.

He already did!

"If you live among wolves you have to act like a wolf."

Maybe, if Paul Dini wrote it. I've always enjoyed his take on the Joker the most. Just the right mix of unpredictability, terror and humor.

Whoa now, lets get Dini to stay current on his current two (soon to be three) before we even suggest a possibility of a fourth.

Eh, I don't think so. Unless it focuses on the people who interact with the Joker through each issue, not the Joker himself. I can't really imagine those thought bubbles...and I think the thing is, we're not supposed to...

Futurist Detective TonyStark1012's Avatar

I think he can. To me he's the all time greatest villian and if they did give him on ongoing they should put Azzreallo and Bremihjo on it.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRobin182 View Post
    Eh, I don't think so. Unless it focuses on the people who interact with the Joker through each issue, not the Joker himself. I can't really imagine those thought bubbles...and I think the thing is, we're not supposed to...
    Well, technically, he already has a supporting cast with Harley and a couple others. What if they gave a few of his henchman or people who work for him a more prominent role?

It'd be possible to do stories with the Joker interacting with them or him interacting with other inmates at Arkham.

Quote Originally Posted by []D[]/\/\[]D @ Nite/So-tite View Post
    Well, technically, he already has a supporting cast with Harley and a couple others. What if they gave a few of his henchman or people who work for him a more prominent role?

It'd be possible to do stories with the Joker interacting with them or him interacting with other inmates at Arkham.
    Yeah that would work too. As long as we have some sort of narrator that can kind of be the bridge from the audience to the Joker. Personally, I don't want to see what Joker is thinking...I think it would harm some of the mystery he has that adds to his whole image.

R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar

I always wanted to see a Joker/Two-Face buddy book.

Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

Free Umbra!

Peachy Keen Gabe De Los Muertos's Avatar

It would be stupid. Someone would need an irrational mindset. It would probably drive them nuts.
    Last edited by Gabe De Los Muertos; 02-22-2010 at 03:14 PM.
    Formerly DetectiveDupin.
    Tumblr
    Twitter

If it was written by Dini with Timm on art, it sure could work. I don't really see it working without that team though.

Valencia, Venezuela, feeling rather sucky. Or ducky.

It'd be very tricky.

For starters, for the series to have a remotely relatable at all lead, Joker would have to suffer some twist of his insanity to make him less of an out-and-out killing machine. Which can be done, because he's supposed to be everchanging with almost no limits of where could his mind go next, but at the second it's done, a large chunk of fandom will turn the Wahhh-Wahhhmbulance on and start the hatemail flow about how have they Flanderized Joker giving him a human side.

He could work if he was made a more or less more evil Deadpool-like figure, a trickster on the run or something like that, but the trial of fire would be doing it in a way that fans can accept.

BtAS style Joker? Yes
    "The Killing Joke" Joker? I don't think so. I think the joker works best as someone else's foible. Following him on a month to month basis would just feel.... wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by DetectiveDupin View Post
    It would be stupid. Someone would need an irratioal mindset. It woul dprobably drive them nuts.
    Im on it.