Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Bendis Assembles his Avengers

This May, Earth's Mightiest Heroes assemble in the Heroic Age for the first time in writer Brian Michael Bendis and artist John Romita Jr.'s "Avengers" #1. CBR News spoke with the writer about his plans for the series.

Full article here.

Far out. That Spidey and Wolverine on the cover better not be a tease, though! I want them both on the team! Even if it means Wolverine has some personal teleporter device or whatever so he can be both in the X-Men and in the Avengers...

We Crossed The Line Brother Justin Crowe's Avatar

Sounds exciting. I'm in.
    I rule me.

Boosh and/or Ka-kow! Frisky Dingo's Avatar

Wondering how the whole Superhuman Registration Act issue will be swept under the rug this time...

Said all the right things for me, especially the giant respect for John Romita JR. Can't wait.

lol at the X-men dig. Are those books as big a mess as they look like right now?

============ Just say "NO!" to $4 books. ============

Romita & Janson = pure win!

Resident Curmudgeon

Quote Originally Posted by artiepants View Post
    lol at the X-men dig. Are those books as big a mess as they look like right now?
    Which glory day is he referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by artiepants View Post
    Which is funny because he just ignores what other people do whenever he wants.

All Terrain Slinky Driver BigEvilRobot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by randomengine View Post
    Which glory day is he referring to?
    Probably the point that there was Uncanny, X-Factor, and New Mutants, and no one drawing uncanny from watching movies on Cinemax and tracing screen caps.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    Which is funny because he just ignores what other people do whenever he wants.
    I know! and then it ends up being the most successful series of the last 6 years! Isn't it crazy??

I was very excited by all of this, until I read that the Hawkeye that we see depicted marvelously by Romita, will not look like that, and then I found myself truly cursing Bendis for that. Admittedly, its a minor thing compared to all of the great news, but I find that it just irks me. I've waited for Clint to ditch that annoying Ronin thing for far too long, and seeing him in his Hawkeye garb was just such a great thing, and then that sentenced poisoned it for me. Hopefully the new outfit will not be too different, but I find I am apprehensive.

fanboi from HeroesNHunks

not pleased with Romita Jr on art. This is an epic book and deserves one of the big guns. I've never found JRjr to be more than adequate. Hated his run on X-Men long ago. Didn't mind him on Kick-Ass but his style was more appropriate for a small book like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisky Dingo View Post
    Wondering how the whole Superhuman Registration Act issue will be swept under the rug this time...

The SRA will and should be swept away. The only two databases with the identities of the heroes were a hard drive at SHIELD that Stark gave a virus which Norman activated and Starks own brain, which was also erased.

Not to mention the SRA and giving Norman the power, that he's about to lose, was appointed by the ex-president.

The current president already stated he had more in store for Steve Rogers other than Captain America.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake V View Post
    I know! and then it ends up being the most successful series of the last 6 years! Isn't it crazy??
    When Deadpool has 4 books it's not crazy.
    It's common comic book promotion.