View Poll Results: Which version of One More Day would you have preferred?

Voters
194. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Joe Quesada's version (the one Marvel released)

79 40.72%
  • JMS's version (see Post 39 and links in Post 46)

115 59.28%
Page 91 of 91 FirstFirst ... 41818788899091
Results 1,351 to 1,359 of 1359

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne 26 View Post
    Apart from making Peter and MJ split up, what other things did One more day do? Like most people the continuity stuff gets to my head alot. Did OMD delete years of the past Spider-man comics or did it just change certain events over the past years?
    The event itself just made them unmarried. Everything happened except they were dating (and apparently the pregnancy didn't happen), so the only story that was hit really hard was the clone saga of the 90's. So it depends on how you feel about that. Of course the more meta things that happened was basically bringing Harry back to life, and a concentrated effort to make Peter "more youthful".

JMS responded to the cheap shot.

Your behavior was dickish. I became a better writer after He-Man. You will always be a dick.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Not fond of JMS, but that's how I'd react.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

Quote Originally Posted by Jake V View Post
    I call BS. He should be defined as the guy who wrote the worst Superman story in decades and then gave up writing it halfway through.
    As well as write one of the most boring FF runs the world has ever seen. And his Thor was incredibly slow and decompressed. Was it good? Yes. Was it great? No. Walt Simonson's Thor blew his Thor out of the water, and was far more compelling than anything JMS did for the book. Hell, Dan Jurgens book was far better too, imo. And I really didn't care for his Amazing. It was decent, but wasn't this huge magnum opus that his fans seem to make it out to be.
    X-Poster of the Month: May 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Top Ten Magic Bitches

Anyone who voted for JMS's version of OMD is more so a vote of how bad the Joe Q version is. The JMS version just sounds awful, really wonderfully awful.
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...ews&GCat=68251
    Original Art Collection

Don't pay cover price for comics, I don't. Use DCBservice.com

both pretty bad but JMS just did the deal with the devil as a final F you to corporate cronies although they were too dumb to realize it and they ok'ed it.
    FAdam K- How do you read comics and sit around on this board and not know who Gorilla Man is after the last couple of years??

Boycott #1 issues!!!!!

Where is red hulk's moustache?

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Anyone working in an artistic field will have some clunkers on their resume. That's the main reason I think it's problematic to say that JMS should be defined by his most controversial work.

It's a cheap trick that a critic can use to diminish an artist. And it's a standard very few artists can be held to.

The Uwe Boll comparison is particularly egregious because Uwe Boll's problem isn't just that he's done bad work. But that he hasn't done good work.

Even if you hate OMD, JMS has some well-written projects (Thor, Midnight Nation, Spider-Man: Coming Home, The Twelve, Brave and the Bold) to his name. If a critic wants to diminish him, he'll have to pick those works to attack rather than the stuff that more people are likely to agree was bad.

This particular critic also targeted a work because of what happened rather than how it was told. His comments would have applied just as well to the story JMS wanted to tell.
    It's fair game to define him on it because unless they put a gun to his head he went along with it and he should have known better.
    FAdam K- How do you read comics and sit around on this board and not know who Gorilla Man is after the last couple of years??

Boycott #1 issues!!!!!

Where is red hulk's moustache?

Quote Originally Posted by satchmo the dragon View Post
    It's fair game to define him on it because unless they put a gun to his head he went along with it and he should have known better.
    It's a dumb standard, because most artists have some blemish on their record.

Daniel Day Lewis is one of the most respected actors on the planet (I'm sure he has some detractors but that's more due to the subjective nature of criticism than anything else), but Nine was a critical and commercial flop.

The main exceptions are either people who die prematurely with perfect oeuvres (Jimi Hendrix, James Dean, Seth Fisher) or a handful of talent who were unsuccessful commercially in their lifetimes, which meant they didn't have the opportunity to be prolific (Charles Laughton's career as Film Director.)
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne 26 View Post
    Apart from making Peter and MJ split up, what other things did One more day do? Like most people the continuity stuff gets to my head alot. Did OMD delete years of the past Spider-man comics or did it just change certain events over the past years?
    Several non-marriage genies were put back in the bottle.

The public forgot that Peter Parker was Spider-Man.
    Aunt May forgot that Peter Parker was Spider-Man.
    Harry Osborn came back from the dead.

This probably did upset the readers who prefer a commitment to change approach, and who saw that as a large part of the appeal of the Spider-Man franchise.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?