Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Jerwa & Oeming: Return of the Fox

Brandon Jerwa and Michael Avon Oeming land on the same page to create a kung-fu kicking, Alex Toth-inspired version of the classic Red Circle vigilante the Fox in the co-feature pages of DC Comics' "The Shield" series.

Full article here.

This is cool stuff.

In my mind, you couldn't have a better guy writing martial arts/espionage than Brandon. The various ninja-centric issues he did of G.I. Joe were always high points. And to top it off ... his "paramilitary/espionage" stuff is really solid as well, and feels like it will intersect perfectly with Trautmann, and then down the road with Rucka (The listed characters - Shiva, Richard Dragon - are in Rucka's Question sandbox). Bronze Tiger might not require a Suicide Squad cameo to do ... but it could be cool anyway, down the line.

I like Oeming's artwork. It looks like it'll have very dynamic flow, which is a good fit for action and martial arts.

I'm much more curious about The Fox than I was about Inferno.
    "Everything hs changed. ‘Dark’ entertainment now looks like hysterical, adolescent, ‘Zibarro’ crap." - Morrison, 2008.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

I'm down for this. The Fox looks like my kind of hero.

I really like the art that I've seen so far, and the writer seems to be genuinely excited about the project. I may try to pick this up.
    SUPER CRAZY ANIMAL HAND! is coming... now with MIKE ALLRED cover!

follow me on twitter @janthonyh

I especially like the design sense of Oeming's take on the Fox's costume and arsenal. I'll definitely be giving issue 7 a look.

Quote Originally Posted by dogprod View Post
    I really like the art that I've seen so far, and the writer seems to be genuinely excited about the project. I may try to pick this up.
    Same here.
    Locke & Key, Saga, Thief of Thieves

Costume looks like a Black Panther/Daredevil knock off to me. And I'll bet his nunchuks also have a grappling hook built in to it too just like DD's billy club.

Can't wait for this. The Fox will make The Shield book even better. Sorry but I did not enjoy the Inferno back up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by redvector View Post
    Costume looks like a Black Panther/Daredevil knock off to me. And I'll bet his nunchuks also have a grappling hook built in to it too just like DD's billy club.
    I believe that costume existed a few years before any of those characters were even created. This is just a reimagined version of the original.