Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Aphrodite IV Returns To "Witchblade"

"Witchblade" writer Ron Marz spoke with CBR News about his upcoming plans for Aphrodite IV, the green-haired android assassin that returns to Top Cow's flagship series for a three-issue arc starting is issue #134.

Full article here.

Ex-Cyberdata Employee HEATWAVE 2010's Avatar

This article says that the current story is called "Pantheon." However the cover to WB 134 says it's called "Almost Human." No big deal, but...

Yeah, and "Almost Human" is the story title, inside the cover, on the recap page as well. But it is being solicited as "Pantheon", so no idea there...Sneak over to Ron's Q&A if you haven't already.

I liked the interview. Ron's description of Witchblade's versatility has me even more excited as a newcomer to the TopCow Universe. The books that I've bought so far have been the cream of the crop off the Indy shelf for me, and I'm thrilled.

I'm not buying Siege, or Brightest Day, but I'll still have events to read: Broken Trinity, and then Artifacts. That, along with Witchblade's own title, the Vertigo books I'm enjoying, and all the Dynamite stuff, make it real easy for me to stay alternative.

Yeah, I'm lovin' it......like McDonald's

I'm glad to see him picking up threads from the Cyberforce mini-series. I always figured if we saw another series we'd get one of the Aphrodite's, but I'll take their appearance here. And it helps to make the Top Cow U even more cohesive, which is awesome.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.

And either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives.

Ex-Cyberdata Employee HEATWAVE 2010's Avatar

Yeah Marz is a cool cat. He answers any and all questions on his Q & A thread at topcow.com. I can't wait for Artifacts. I wish it would just get here already. After reading Broken Trinity (the 1st one) and First Born, I know Artifacts will be just AWESOME!

I was with Witchblade from issue #1, but there were brief periods that I would drop the book and go somewhere else and then come back again for awhile (and then leave again). But I've been onboard for almost all of Marz's run now and it just seems to be firing on all cylinders and have its own distinct voice now, IMO.

I bought the original Aphrodite mini when it first came out way back when but didn't think too much about the title character herself. I didn't hate her or anything, but she was just kinda...there and really wasn't anything that really excited me about her. Just from this interview, though, Marz has made me actually interested in seeing where this earilier incarnation of Aphrodite goes...
    Always remember this stuff isn't real.

R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shameless Fanboy View Post
    I was with Witchblade from issue #1, but there were brief periods that I would drop the book and go somewhere else and then come back again for awhile (and then leave again). But I've been onboard for almost all of Marz's run now and it just seems to be firing on all cylinders and have its own distinct voice now, IMO.

I bought the original Aphrodite mini when it first came out way back when but didn't think too much about the title character herself. I didn't hate her or anything, but she was just kinda...there and really wasn't anything that really excited me about her. Just from this interview, though, Marz has made me actually interested in seeing where this earilier incarnation of Aphrodite goes...
    I have to say I love your sig!
    Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

Free Umbra!