Beast
    Captain Britain
    Ms.Marvel
    Nightcrawler
    Pyslocke
    Scarlet Witch
    Vision
    Wolverine

Would be a mix of older true X-Men and Avengers.With the Avengers characters have very strong ties with Scarlet Witch being a mutant and daughter to Magneto,Captain Britain has already been apart of a mutant team in Excalibur and has ties with Nightcrawler and his sister,Ms.Marvel was a part time member back in the day then lastly but not least Vision who's a little bit of a stretch to make sense.But he's married to Scarlet Witch and I think him and Nightcrawler could have a very interesting dynamic.

I'd like to see the top 50 most popular x-men from the last 50 years resurrected and reinstated.

No more derivitives of great characters like Jean and nightcrawler. Only the classic versions.

Magneto should stay a villain.

Hmm. It's a tough question, especially considering that my favorite X-characters, put together, might not make the best team.
    I guess I'd like to see a return of the old blue/gold devision from the Claremont/Lee days:
    Wolverine
    Psylocke
    Beast
    Gambit
    but I'd 86 Rogue and Jubilee and instead substitute Pixie and Frenzy.

Uncanny: Extinction team plus Marrow wanting to get close to Magneto to get answers about her lost powers.

Astonishing: Street team mystery/faculty at JGS

X-Factor: Investigations unit with more X-related cases

Wolverine and the X-Men: Young students plus young Acolytes plus rotating Astonishing staff plus hi-jinks

Brotherhood: Mystique, Daken, Exodus, Astra, Emplate, Zombie Risque, Stacy X, and Pestilence

Couldn't find a place for these guys:
    wood / bkv / coipel / pichelli / staples / del mundo
    flagship x-men // avengers undercover // saga // private eye

Faded, I love you.

Rogue, new male character, Husk, Emma, Pixie, new male character, new male character, new male character. I generally don't care for enough to X=Males to want them on my dream team
    "That's how it happened on Earth 141 where BOTA was written by Headmasters Claremont, Milligan and Carey." - Jarrod

Storm and the XSE

International peacekeeping squad, using both overt mass media tactics and covert black ops. Reality show stars by day, doing the dirty work at night.

Storm-visionary leader, powerhouse
    Sunspot-scrappy hothead, "old school Wolvie", business man
    Magma-Fish out of water elemental, "old school Storm"
    Cypher-linguist, publicist, x-factor
    M-telepath and "old school Rogue" (flying brick with an attitude), worldy celebutante
    Iceman-economist, powerhouse icey metamorph
    Gambit-charming rascal, demolitions and underworld connections
    Northstar-speedster and diva world athlete
    Dazzler- flash bulb superstar
    Breathe deep, seek peace!

http://levarnu.deviantart.com/

Intro
    Not sure why I did this, so sorry to lay it on all of you. So in this incredibly hypothetical dream world, if the X-Universe were completely under my control, I'd pair it down to three books (each of which is "core" to the X-Universe) with annual crossovers. Each character can only appear in one book at a time (for example, while I definitely want Wolverine on my main X-Factor team, he might leave the team for a few issues to make an appearance at the Jean Grey school). In fact, although he would ultimately lead X-Factor, he starts the story at the Jean Grey School, in the New Mutants book. I think this would be limited to "real-time" only though, so other characters could appear in flashbacks or whatever, as long as their current presence is in one book.

General outline
    Scott is missing/presumed dead (but actually taken captive). Cable takes over as headmaster for Logan (drawing on his time leading the New Mutants) while Wolverine leads the primary adult team of X-Men in search of Scott.

Books

X-Factor

(Gold Team) written by Kieron Gillen and illustrated by Phil Noto (with later arcs by Remender and Opena)

Roster
    The (mostly) older, veteran crowd:

- Sunspot
    - Archangel
    - Nightcrawler
    - Wolverine
    - Fantomex
    - Shadowcat
    - Mohawk Storm

Story Arc 1
    For the first three-issue story arc of X-Factor, I would have Scott assemble a small, powerful team to go on the offensive, sensing the possibility of a major threat on the other side of the world (something powerful enough to get him to leave his castle of Utopia and get personally involved). Maybe Emma is the one who telepathically senses it, I'm not sure. Whatever happens, it has to make Cyke himself get amped up.

The team would be everyone I have listed, with the addition of Cyke, but Storm is in adult/powered form to start out, and no Kitty or Wolverine yet. Scott doesn't tell Emma what's happening, as far as his plans to confront the issue, and leaves without talking to her, thinking he will deal with it and be back before he is really missed (he is hoping to cut the problem off before it becomes the major problem he sees it could develop into). She doesn't read his mind out of respect to him, but is super pissed when he doesn't come back.

This initial group, led by Cyclops, seemingly fight and conquer the power (which ends up being a relative milk run - which makes cyclops worried as he tries to figure out why he/Emma sensed something more dangerous). The thing they've just defeated was actually a distraction set up by the Shadow King, so he could attack Utopia. He is the one who made Scott anxious enough to leave. Upon regrouping post-battle (still on the other side of world) they notice Scott has dissapeared. Somehow Storm is affected during the battle and turned into mohawk/depowered form (possibly the same thing/energy power that "stole" Scott).

Story Arc 2
    The second three issue arc would be Storm reaching across the aisle and speaking with Wolverine, who has come at their request to Utopia, to tell him that they lost Scott. Wolverine, as pissed as he may have been with Scott is even more pissed that Scott is lost/possibly dead and additionally pissed that he was even lured away from Utopia to begin with. He lashes out at everyone and decided to take charge of the situation. He sends Hope and the other Utopia kids to the school, under violent protest of just about everyone in Utopia.

This second arc involves Wolverine reacting to the news. He immediately leaves the school, pulling in Cable as headmaster (hey, if wolverine can play headmaster, so can Cable) and then assembling the X-Factor team I have listed. He keeps those who had just accompanied Scott and pulls Kitty onboard for emotional support (which he won't admit) as someone he has grown even closer to while working on the school together.

Story Arc 3
    This is the lead up to the first major crossover event, involving all three books. The new team make some rounds, speaking with old foes and friends trying to find out what could have happened to BOTH Scott and to the Shadow King. they slowly realize that whatever dark energy snapped up Scott (either killed or kidnapped, they are unsure) may be the same energy interference that messed with The Shadow King. Possibly they arrive on scene to fight and defend the Jean Grey School from the Shadow King (I'm thinking maybe they throw him in the X-Brig and had Danger interrogates him to find out info about what happened). The arc ends with them planning to head back to where they originally lost Scoot.

Uncanny X-Men
    written by Zeb Wells and illustrated by Humberto Ramos

Blue Team (bladed ladies and Bobby)

This book is supposed to be the best of both fun and serious. It is the dramedy title, while the New Mutants will slightly lean towards fun and X-Factor will slightly lead towards serious.

As part of the fun side of things, it will have the bizarre theme of being mostly ladies on the team, each of whom is armed with a blade of some sort. (or armed with someone armed with blades…)

- Ice Man (Tasked by Logan with being team leader, defers to Rogue often)
    - Rogue (takes Daken's powers, healing factor and naturally ferrous blades)
    - X-23
    - Dagger (hates being separated from Cloak)
    - Domino (armed with twin shortswords)
    - Rachel Grey (controlling Deadpool. They have some psychic banter back and forth)
    - Psylocke (psionic blade on one hand, psychic katana in other, controls Daken sometimes)
    - Karma (armed with a Xiphos, mind controls Dani primarily, but also Daken)
    - Magik (armed with Soulsword, backup teleportation)
    - Pixie (armed with sgian-dubh to keep the theme alive, teleportation and flight services)
    Members locked into a "soul coma" by the Shadow King's tainted power:
    - Dani Moonstone (controlled by Karma, armed with a wide variety of bladed weapons)
    - Deadpool (katana, still able to maintain his inner monologue, unlike others in coma)
    - Daken (obviously bladed)

I may cut this team down by taking out Deadpool, Domino, and Pixie. Not sure.

Story Arc 1
    The first arc flips between both Westchester and Utopia. No team has been developed yet. While Scott and co. go to investigate a mysterious power surge that Scott sees as a developing threat he wants to personally cut off, the mutants left stateside are attacked by the Shadow King. The Shadow King himself immediately realizes that something else is wrong with his own powers. He goes from elation at having pulled off his trick of luring away Scott, to completely horrified that there are darker powers at work.

They have a little bit of a skirmish, but it is not long before…

He himself doesn't understand what is happening, as he is forced from body to body. He starts by possessing Deadpool, hoping to take advantage of the bladed healing factor. Of course, he is pushed out of deadpool almost immediately, so he jumps to Dani, and finally to Daken (lol where'd he come from? weird group of people hanging around in Utopia, right?). The Shadow King flees as his powers disintegrate, and a mysterious energy shifts him out of each subsequent possession.

Each of the possessed are tainted by the shadow king's messed up possession powers. They all enter a soul coma, where their physical body is left limp and their consciousness goes catatonic, except for Deadpool who can somehow still express his inner monologue (which only the reader can see. and probably Rachel too).

Not wanting to leave them unprotected, the psychic mutants take over control of their friends bodies.

Story Arc 2
    The group of those surviving the attacks come together to develop a full fledged team to defend Utopia and the Westchester school in the absence of Scott and Logan. They form under Bobby's half-hearted leadership (Logan left him in charge when he leaves the school in the other book). they basically become a mutant defense force in contrast to Wolverine's aggressive team.

Story Arc 3
    They are attacked again and must defend. Maybe Rachel or someone finds out about the New Mutants team and gets pissed at the kids? Somehow Hope comes in and makes sure she doesn't tell anyone?

Sorry for double posting, but my writeup wouldn't fit all into one post.

New Mutants written by Jason Aaron and illustrated by Chris Bachalo

While the book is set at the school, and certainly can accommodate a large cast of background characters, the book primarily focuses on the field combat team that designates themselves the New Mutants:

- Armor
    - Quentin Quire
    - Kid Omega (who sneaks away from Warbird as much as possible to be with this group) - Exodus
    - Broo
    - Idie
    - Blindfold
    - Pixie (only during months that she isn't in Uncanny)
    - Rockslide (as bruiser)
    - Dust
    - Hope (starting in the second arc)

- Bishop (faculty guardian)

Pixie joins the New Mutants team in the second issue at its founding, but leaves to covertly join the blue team starting in the second arc of Uncanny, third issue. I Think she will ultimately float back and forth. She pretends that she isn't on the Blue team (wolverine doesn't know that she joins either of these combat teams)

Because of the egos on board this team, they decide to try a leaderless platform of decision-making… which sorta works, some of the time.

Story Arc 1

The first arc is relatively tame to what the other two books have going on at the same time. In contrast to the "adult" problems that Scott and Utopia are dealing with, the kids are just having fun. In fact, the first arc plays out in a mostly fun way, like what Aaron is doing now with WatXM, Wolverine is shown trying to do his best as headmaster and making sure things run smoothly. The end of the third issue of the first arc shows Logan grimly departing to visit Utopia, sadly imagining that the peace he has witnessed over the past few issues at the Jean Grey school is not to be found elsewhere, and may not last here.

Story Arc 2
    The second three-issue arc shows the X-kids realizing that Logan (who left without telling anyone except Kitty) is gone and the fun being interrupted by the newly arrived Hope. Hope has been convinced (despite kicking and screaming) by Wolverine, following the first story arc in X-Factor, to relocate from Utopia to Westchester, because of her age. She doesn't agree with him, but she ends up going.

Cable does his best to maintain a fair hand in running the school, while also ignoring anyone who notices that Logan is gone. He maintains that he is merely the "vice-principal" despite Logan previously tacking up a rough board over his door reading "Headmaster Cable."

The X-kids assume that something is very wrong for Wolverine to be gone long enough to need a new headmaster. Hushed Rumors from utopia via Hope about Scott's disappearance lead them to decide to form their own field combat team, strictly for emergencies (they still want to honor Logan's wishes as much as possible). This arc is mostly dedicated to the secret formation of the New Mutants team under the noses of the teachers. Hope wants to join (actually she wants to lead) once she figures out what they are doing without her, but they won't let her.

The last issue of the second arc sees a mysterious new mutant arrive to fill a teaching position. Obviously there are surprises all around, as no one is expecting a new mutant to just show up. Somehow, Bishop is disguised and makes it through the interview process with Cable. With Rachel, Bobby, and others having left the school, they are in need of more faculty. He reveals who he is to the X-Kids and hints that he knows that they have formed their own team.

Story Arc 3
    The third three-issue arc begins with Bishop, still disguised as a straight-laced teacher, catching the New Mutants team training together outside of scheduled danger room time. He signs on as their covert faculty advisor, and promises that, while he approves of what they are doing (preparing in the case of an emergency to have a fully ready deployment team) he will also make sure nothing ever happens to any of them.

They make it all official by getting enough student signatures from among their group to petition for the creation of the Jean Grey School Chess Club, which is their code name. They realize that they don't have enough signatures, and finally decide to let Hope join if she won't be a dick. There are many jokes about why the chess club meets in the danger room (some of which disguised-Bishop deflects as the faculty sponsor of the chess club).

First Annual crossover
    The first crossover would center around the Gold team being taken captive, the Blue team getting caught up in a a war against a series of illusions while trying to rescue the Gold team, and finally the X-Kids assembling their team and coming to the rescue by stumbling onto the actual cause of all of the problems (the tainted energies or what have you).

Stable of Writers and Artists

Artists
    Dustin Nguyen
    Humberto Ramos
    Jerome Opena
    Chris Bachalo
    Phil Noto
    Silvestri
    90's Jim Lee
    90's Rob Liefield (but he's on a tight leash. Must draw feet EVERY time, no shortcuts, limited to a few issues at most).

Writers
    Rick Remender
    Jason Aaron
    Grant Morrison
    Mike Carey
    Hickman
    Zeb Wells
    Kieron Gillen
    Michael Stackpole
    Timothy Zahn
    Philip Pullman
    Brian Wood can come too.

Faded, you inspire me.

This is what I would have liked to see if Kurt hadn't died and Schism didn't happen.

Uncanny would focus on the Utopia team. Utopia would be essentially the X-Men's home base, not an island nation.

X-Men (vol 3) would be for Rogue's team. They would be on a fun road trip.

X-Club is pretty self explanitory.

X-Men Legacy would be given to the kids.

New Mutants, X-Factor and X-Force would be unchanged.

Wolverine can hang out with the Avengers.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

My Dream Team.

Cale and Cyclops...

That pretty much covers it.
    Comics enjoyed by my Old Lady: Chew, IKG, Saga, JTHM, Ex Machina, Gil Kane's Green Lantern, Wormwood, NYX, Jurgen and JMS's Thor, along with a few others.

Update to my team

Rogue
    Emma Frost
    Pixie
    Storm
    A Latin male mutant with pheromones powers
    A Black male mutant with phasing powers
    Magneto
    Velocidad
    Domino
    Psylocke
    Thunderbird 3
    "That's how it happened on Earth 141 where BOTA was written by Headmasters Claremont, Milligan and Carey." - Jarrod

XSE – After Cyclops leaves Utopia, eventually forming his own team of globe-trotting X-Men (this one, I'll keep under wraps for now), Storm puts together an elite team of X-Men to serve as the mutant police, responding to calls of mutant trouble all over the world. UN Sanctioned.

Storm – Ororo Monroe, co-leader. Weather control (flight and firepower).
    Ice-Queen – Emma Frost, co-leader. Telepathy and diamond form.
    Colossus – Peter Rasputin. Super-strong armored form. No demon.
    Ice-Man – Bobby Drake. Ice-powers.
    Beast – Hank McCoy. Super-strength, super-agility, genius intellect.
    Warpath – James Proudstar. Strength and enhanced senses. Combat skills.
    Rogue – Anna Raven. Power Absorption.
    Agni – Neal Shaara. Generates superheated plasma. Named after the Hindu god of fire.
    Agent Zero – Chris Nord. Former mutant. No superhuman powers. Vibranium mesh suit deflects kinetic energy. Wide variety of weapons. Combat specialist.
    Armor – Hisako Ichiki. Psionic armor generation.
    Slipstream – Davis Cameron. Creates warp waves. He and Agni decided to return to the X-Men after Davis’s sister, Lifeguard, decided to return to the Shi’ar. Due to his Shi’ar genes, Davis’s powers reignited after being drained by Michael Pointer. Davis provides almost instantaneous transport for the whole team.
    Dazzler – Allison Blare. Transmutes sound into light-based powers. Fire-power.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by fortyseven View Post
    Faded, you inspire me.

This is what I would have liked to see if Kurt hadn't died and Schism didn't happen.

Uncanny would focus on the Utopia team. Utopia would be essentially the X-Men's home base, not an island nation.

X-Men (vol 3) would be for Rogue's team. They would be on a fun road trip.

X-Club is pretty self explanitory.

X-Men Legacy would be given to the kids.

New Mutants, X-Factor and X-Force would be unchanged.

Wolverine can hang out with the Avengers.
    Perfect teams!

Read this X-office for Jean´s sake