Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I know it's more of a prequel than a remake, but...

MacReady: "You mean you let the Thing out?!"

Kate: "Look, I'm sorry, all right?"

MacReady: "...Ah, forget it. What's done is done. Just do me a favor, okay? Tell Lars I'm sorry for shooting him."
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

-Abraham Lincoln

"We thought that by making your world more violent, we would make it more 'realistic,' more 'adult.' God help us if that's what it means."

-Grant Morrison to Animal Man, Animal Man #26

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell's Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Radical View Post
    I know it's more of a prequel than a remake, but...

MacReady: "You mean you let the Thing out?!"

Kate: "Look, I'm sorry, all right?"

MacReady: "...Ah, forget it. What's done is done. Just do me a favor, okay? Tell Lars I'm sorry for shooting him."
    MacReady didn't kill Lars.

The Captain did.
    Black Knight of SO
    Co-COTM for Feb 2006
    The Midnight Rider.
    Owner of SO's W/I Shop.
    Bearer of the Rumbles Matrix of Leadership

Wins on CBR

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    MacReady didn't kill Lars.

The Captain did.
    I was going to add a line like "Well, technically, it was Garry who shot him, but you know what I mean."

But I thought it was belabouring the point.
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

-Abraham Lincoln

"We thought that by making your world more violent, we would make it more 'realistic,' more 'adult.' God help us if that's what it means."

(Guess who saw Total Recall? )

2012 Quaid: "So...you went to Mars, huh?"

1990 Quaid: "Yeah."

2012 Quaid: "So...what was it like?"

1990 Quaid: "It was a hellhole. You couldn't even breathe the air there. Did you ever go there?"

2012 Quaid: "Went someplace almost as bad. You miss being Hauser?"

1990 Quaid: "You kidding me? Do you?"

2012 Quaid: "I think I would've missed being him after his 'corruption', as my Cohaagen called it. Before? No way."

1990 Quaid: "Good, that's settled."

Meanwhile, Matthias meets Kuato and throws up.

-Abraham Lincoln

Urban Dredd meets Stallone Dredd. The resulting conversation is best described as a ham sandwich.

-Abraham Lincoln

"Fright Night"

Old Peter Vincent-"I had a character arc, a genuine and emotionally moving display of growth. You had...what...what was that?"

New Peter Vincent-"well...I uh...I was Dr. Who once!"

Old Evil Ed-"my death was horrific and really made you feel for this child cursed and forced to die horribly, both making you pity me and hate Dandridge for being ultimately responisible for my fate."

New Evil Ed-"yeah, I got nothin', my death was a boring CGI crapfest with absolutely no emotional weight."
    Last edited by MichaelChen; 09-22-2012 at 07:43 PM.

Steve Rogers (2011): *sigh* "Was there any point where you ran towards the enemy?"

Steve Rogers (1990) "A couple... I think."

Quote Originally Posted by heretic View Post
    Steve Rogers (2011): *sigh* "Was there any point where you ran towards the enemy?"

Steve Rogers (1990) "A couple... I think."
    Steve Rogers (2011): And what the hell was up with your habit of stealing people's cars and leaving them on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere? People, I might add, who were specifically trying to help you?

Steve Rogers (1990): Alright, I'm an asshole. Give me a break.

Judging from this teaser trailer (WARNING: Gory as hell!), Ash is going to be teaching some new kids how to turn the stumps of their demonically-possessed limbs into deadite-busting bionic weapons.

Last edited by Radical; 02-11-2013 at 09:00 PM.

-Abraham Lincoln

Power with girl is better Powerboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Steve Rogers (2011): And what the hell was up with your habit of stealing people's cars and leaving them on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere? People, I might add, who were specifically trying to help you?

Steve Rogers (1990): Alright, I'm an asshole. Give me a break.
    If its the movie I think you're referring to:

Steve Rogers (2011): And what was up with the Red Skull being more sympathetic than you were?

Steve Rogers (1990): Well, yeah, people cheering for the Red Skull was a mild indication of what an asshole I was in that movie. But, hey, I finally beat him (when he was , like, eighty years old while I was still young and, even then, only by playing a tape of his parents being murdered to shake him. Yeah, asshole).

Judging from this teaser trailer (WARNING: Gory as hell!), Ash is going to be teaching some new kids how to turn the stumps of their demonically-possesses limbs into deadite-busting bionic weapons.

If I recall, Ash wasn't really goofy at all in the original Evil Dead, that only came out during ED2 and AOD, so they'd most likely team up and survive by pure, dumb luck.

(I, for one, hope there's the Evil Dead 2 and AOD remake.)

TAS Wolverine: Jeanie...I love her so much.

Evo Wolverine: Dude, she's like half our age!

TAS Wolverine: Maybe not even that. More like a quarter.

Evo Wolverine: You got some serious issues bub.

TAS Scarlet Witch: Um...but I like my brother...

Evo Wanda: Pietro?! DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE

TAS Apocalypse: You are supposed to me? How absurd. Where is your grand evil speech?

Evo Apocalypse: ...

TAS Apocalypse: Pure nonsense. One cannot be a great overlord without HAMMING IT UP TO THE MAX.

Judging from this teaser trailer (WARNING: Gory as hell!), Ash is going to be teaching some new kids how to turn the stumps of their demonically-possessed limbs into deadite-busting bionic weapons.

spoilers:
    MAJOR, BIG-ASS SPOILER WARNING FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT SEEN IT: The new Evil Dead has a post-credits sequence where Ash says "Groovy" and mugs for the camera. Also, there's a rumor that Ash's story will tie in with the new heroine's in future sequels.

Yes, that's right: EVIL DEAD '13 IS A SEQUEL, NOT A REMAKE.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Radical; 04-06-2013 at 09:15 PM.

-Abraham Lincoln

Classic Dante: So, on one hand, your older brother is less of an anti-social punk compared to mine but on the other, he's much more of megalomaniacal asshole who believes that humans should be led around like sheep.

DmC Dante: Pretty much. Not to mention he had me going around like his personal errand boy, risking my life while he goes about covering his own ass and killing babies.

Dante: Y'know, I will never complain about Vergil ever again. I mean, at least most of what he did was to make up for the fact we couldn't protect Mom when we were little. But your bro...just damn.

DmC Dante: Tell me about it.

Dante:Well, at least you have a steady love interest after it's all said and done. I have one babe who's a walking example of an Oedipus Complex, another that's overly fond of shooting me in the head and putting me in heaps of debt, and I sure as hell ain't desperate enough to go the blonde jailbait route.

DmC Dante: Hold up. What about that redheaded gi--(is cut off from a shot to the temple, courtesy of Ivory)

Dante: You shouldn't go talking about imaginary people from games that don't exist.

If nobody minds the necro:

'80s Robocop shakes hands with 2014 Robocop.

'80s Robocop: "There is a fundamental flaw in your design."

2014 Robocop: (wincing in agony) "That's nice to know..."

(The joke for those who don't get it: In case nobody's noticed in the trailers and publicity photos, '14 Robocop's right hand is still flesh-and-blood, which is not only a potential weakness but really throws his symmetry off.

That's the only thing I don't like about the new Robocop...so far. I'm seeing the film this weekend.)

-Abraham Lincoln